APS Season 2006/2007

Draughty

APS Season 2006/2007

Thought it is about time it was started boys. all reports and abuse should be posted in this thread. Lets get it on.

Re: APS Season 2006/2007

MGS vs. Brighton

Brighton won the toss and made the strange decision to bowl on seemingly a batters wicket. MGS started steadily and made a consistent 208 all out with Dunell making 61 and Oaten making 50. Williams picked up 3 wickets. Brighton got off to a flyer with Slade having 0/24 off 4 overs hit off him and Oaten doing not much better up the other end. Slade finally found some form and removed the BGS opener and another threat in Singh three balls later. From there it was a collapse from Brighton as they went from 0/40 off 7 overs to 6/60 off 15. The BGS tail held up somewhat and they ended up all out for 143 with Dunell cleaning up the bottom order with his powerful offies. Dunell taking 4/16 from 10, Oaten 2/31 from 9, Slade 2/31 from 7. Promising signs for both teams.

Good report. Who were the BGS openers who scored the runs? Are BGS a chance to win any games.

this weekends matches:

Xavier vs GGS
Wesley vs MGS
GC vs SKC
caulfield vs haileybury but will be close
scotch vs carey
and i rekon brighton can get over the bye

tips in bold

good tips apart from caulfield haileybury, it won't be close, haileybury will smash caulfield! caulfield lost to camberwell grammar!

camberwell grammar are an excellent side. Their captain, Lloyd, ive heard is very good, and they have a Victorian U15 player in William Shute. I think they are a real chance to win AGSV, along with Trinity and probably Peninsula.

Man camberwell grammer are a pack of wheelchair cricketers, if their an excellent side in th AGSV, shows how bad the standard is compared to APS, you guys will always be a second string competion! pfftt... 2 players, yeh thats a great team.

MGS made 299 from 50 against Camberwell and in reply they made 142. Camberwell's a real goooood team...

that's cos Lloyd nor Shute played against Melbourne Grammar. You mark my words that Camberwell are a strong side...... Lloyd made 283 AGSV runs in his first season last year and backed it up with 999 runs at club cricket at an average of 89, beating Matt Brown!

Scotch recorded an easy win over Carey today winning by 8 wickets.
Carey batted and were all out for 88, Scotch in reply made the total in about 15ish overs 2 down. The star for Scotch with the bat was Clayton who smashed a quickfire 54*. The star bowlers from Scotch were Dan Parisi, bowling heat and scaring the little Carey tail enders taking 3/10 and Dan Wolfe bowled a brilliant spell with his offies taking 3/7 off 11. Was a good team effort by Scotch early up and they look to be a real contenders. This a team which is committed and determined to do the best for each of their teammates in 06/07 and eventho they might not be the best on paper, there camradery is second to none. Btw, the chick from Carey didnt play.

The word is domination to describe Scotch’s efforts against a very weak side Carey. This was helped with terrific bowling from D. Parisi (3/10) and D. Wolfe (3/7) and unstoppable batting from M. Clayton 54*. Pumped and ready to take on Haileybury. With all this hype coming from the ALL scholarship side, it will be interesting to play and see all these played players… looking forward to it.

all i can say is carey is the worst team in the aps by a long shot.....nd if theres n e 1 worse than them they migt aswell go play in the AGS....i can see y a chik can just walk inta that team with ease....scotch absalutely killed carey taday...all i can say if carey wins a game this year i will b surprised

Geelong college enjoyed a great come from behind win yesterday in what is there last home match for the season.
SCORECARD
Geelong College
10/193
Weddell 41
Taylor 37
Nice 28
Hutton 4/?

St Kevins
10/145
Hutton 54
Carr 4/? (inc. Hat trick)
After being 2/82 st kevins were crusing but it is easy to see why there got bowled out for 65 in round one with only 2 or 3 capible batsmen led by Hutton. Alex Carr(Year 9) in his second APS game claimed not only the 4 wickets, but a hat trick, including 2 caught behinds and LBW this is a great effort for the kid. St Kevins are dissapointing...

Caulfield 120
Game 29

Pattinson 7/23
Lynch 3/ odd

def by Haileybury 4/121
Tormey 36

Pattinson bowled well on a deck that had a bit of everything, but with an extra 60 runs or so Caulfield were a real show as they had removed tormey and lynch, lynch 3rd ball of the innings.

Halibury, you don't even deserve to be in the APS this year. How bout you go buy some more state players for Christmas. By the way, top work with your womens volleyball team, how much did they cost??? P.S. Seagulls, nobody likes you.

this week scotch come up against the might of hailebury culd be the match of the year with both sides showing some good form.....this weeek scotch has signed 2 new players in james long and ben ferguson on scolerships who are both gun bats from south australia..... the likes of hssileburys bowlers culd b in fa some ttreatment from these 2 my judgment scotch ta win easy with these 2 coming inta bolster the batting

Scotch v Haileybury sooo wat scotch has just bought 2 players Haileybury have many scholarship players y dont we limit it to 2 scholarship state players per team that would even out the competition . Its easy to win wen u buy players.

Back