Are Kashmir willow any good??

Re: Are Kashmir willow any good??

Depends on what you're looking for.

A top end Kashmir bat will look (and play) the same as a low end English willow one. Although it will in all likelihood have more surface cracks and indents on the face.

If you have something in mind post up a link or picture and I'll let you know in a bit more detail, but generally I say if you can afford English then go for it, however, for those on a budget or without easy access to English then Kashmir is fine.

i dont like kashmir willow bats. the first one i had only lasted 2 months. compared to my other bats which have lasted for almost 2 years.

You may have been unlucky, even the most expensive English willow bat can snap first time out.

I had a cheap Kashmir bat from E-bay and it was the biggest pile of toss ever.

Every time you hit a ball it sent a million shocks up my powerful arms and made a noise like my sister does when her b\f comes over.

Never again, this time it's most definitely a STOP and no CARRY ON.

All Kashmir is good for is street cricket, you couldnt possibly play matches with it, well if you wanted a decent knock you couldnt.

Low end English willow is similar as some guys have said, and low end willow isn't exactly "profitable," is it?

I disagree there, you are more than able to play games with Kashmir willow, indeed many of you will already be doing so as you have bats which have been labelled misleadingly.

The problem lies in the fact that it is not as springy as English willow, due to the different growing condition as well as the nature of the wood. This means that performance is compromised as well as life span but it is certainly possible to play a number of games with the same bat.

I had purchased a BDM-Commander bat (Kashmir willow) in 2005 and a KG-Commander (Kashmir Willow) last year and both are in fine condition.
No splits and no issues with stroke playing as well :)

Virender - you demostrate my point very well. With a bit of careful selection you can get some half decent Kashmir willow bats.

Though you should always aim to get the English, it's not always possible to do so for a number of reasons.

Yeah Exactly :).
The bats were selected as per the balls used at Club level.The balls are very hard so the Kashmir willow manages to substain the effect and secondly; was the comfort feel.
We purchase any bat or cricketing gear; we feel comfortable and pick those ones only.
The handling part is also important :)

i have no option but to get kashmir bats

they are ok and do me and friends fine, we have had some breakages but no more than you would see with other bats

i cant maybe 1 bat per year and it is good for maybe 20 or 25 games agaisnt good bowling standards

I have a few Kashmir bats that i use for messing around with they are ok, a few have big cracks in but one or two are real beauties.

I feel its just very hit and miss with them, for every 9 bad ones you'll get a beast.

Ive used a Kashmir for the last season and it was crap. Might have just been a bad piece of wood but it was crap. I could get no power on my shots as the ball seemed to die off the middle and the edges pinged the ball.

Whenever i changed to my grade 2 bat (that was too small) my power came back and so did a certain amount of my control.

Depends on where you look Rob and also depends on the average bat price where you live.

You may be able to pick up a Kashmir bat for about £30/45 in the UK with a grade 3 English coming in at £60/75 (maybe a bit more). So a little bit of a difference.

I've got Kashmir bat, I've knocked it in well and oiled it and it's fine, no cracks and it seems okay to me. As Virender says if it picks up okay and feels good in your hands - isn't that half the issue?

All 5 bats that I have purchased till now are Kashmir willow. Only one of them was bad but I had no problem with the rest of them. If you pick the bat properly then it wont be a problem.

Kashmir or English Willow; it is an Individual's choice :)
Buying a bat is easy but to maintain it is very important ; I have seen guys buying expensive English willow but not taking care even of the basics like applying anti-scuff sheet and Toe-guard etc.
We ought to take care of our kit just like of our health.

Back