Aussie test Line up this summer

Re: Aussie test Line up this summer

MV!;281410 said:
The only change should be Clark coming in for White.

Even if I do agree with the fact that he gets the bulk of his wickets in ugly, very unspectacular fashion, Johnson should be in the team all summer. He bowls enough good balls, and that knack for taking poles from rubbish balls is something that some people just have.

If Clark struggles, I'd like to see big Siddle afforded another test cap. I like the team with him it - very, very Craig McD. Bullish, hardworking, honest and potentially very, very good.

agree totally, it's billy the kid all over again. Just makes the batsman hurry and have to think quicker. This always can force a wicket through being all over them.

A dark horse could be Magoffin. Similar to dorey but does more with the ball. Great start to the year from the WA paceman.

Great 20/20 form aswell for magoffin! But I believe we should have Siddle in the side, we need to develop young players, especially when we may be able to afford it against New Zealand.

solar;281584 said:
A dark horse could be Magoffin. Similar to dorey but does more with the ball. Great start to the year from the WA paceman.

Loved the lines Magoffin was bowling to the lefties in the All Stars game, but I think he's a long way back in the pack right now. That angle he creates to the lefties is almost Ntini like though.

ants14;281545 said:
hayden
katich
ponting
m.hussey
clarke
symonds
watson
haddin
lee
krezja
johnson/clark

if thats not the side ill eat my hat

Gone the 2 all rounder option i see Ants...not a typically Aussie thing to do, so i hope your hat has some flavour to it!! I agree with u however that your side is probably the best yet, but doubt well do it!!

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds (Obviously not on form, but because he's served his punishment)
Haddin
Lee
Krezja (Wont take many wickets but will be a better bowler for the India Exp)
Johnson
Clark

12th Watson (Always been talked up, he'll forever be in the squad)

If THAT is not the team, ill eat my hat, and YOURS Ants!

solar;281273 said:
it could be worse, at least they had a look in, ask the likes of hill for tasmania or others what it's like to be so close. Was watching a 95/96 one day game between the breaks in the domestic one dayer, classic to see a stuart law get done (how he ever made runs I can never understand.... ok I'm a victorian, we have long memories :p) so yes hodge and hussey might have played alot more test cricket if they say lived in another country but even as a passionate victorian I can see the problems with their technique.

Lets both watch the Gabba match and then discuss johnson, still don't think he moves the ball enough which is crucial to put you from good first class bowler to class test match bowler. Would love nothing more then a test match level left armer, gives such variety and right handers hate facing them.

Re capping on a very interesting first test. Great performances by Michael Clarke, Simon Katich and Mitchell Johnson. Has the 9 wickets he took changed your view on him at all. He was very impressive in the 2nd innings especially taking the wickets of New Zealand's best three performing bats in Ryder, Taylor and Flynn. He also got the wicket of McCullum in the first innings. Your thoughts?

Second XI At Best;282249 said:
Gone the 2 all rounder option i see Ants...not a typically Aussie thing to do, so i hope your hat has some flavour to it!! I agree with u however that your side is probably the best yet, but doubt well do it!!

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds (Obviously not on form, but because he's served his punishment)
Haddin
Lee
Krezja (Wont take many wickets but will be a better bowler for the India Exp)
Johnson
Clark

12th Watson (Always been talked up, he'll forever be in the squad)

If THAT is not the team, ill eat my hat, and YOURS Ants!

Would you like fries with that hat?

Back