Aussies lost let's take the easy option and point the finger at the bowlers

Re: Aussies lost let's take the easy option and point the finger at the bowlers

We haven't lost yet, so there will be no finger pointing.

breeno;300731 said:
Last time I checked, Johnson was in the team for his bowling, not his batting.
True but he can bat a bit as well. Just look at the valuable 28 runs he made in Perth.

Storer;300748 said:
We haven't lost yet, so there will be no finger pointing.
We lost the first test, mate.

Oh and another fact: We lose the first test match of a series, we lose the series.

schwab2clarkson;300752 said:

Oh and another fact: We lose the first test match of a series, we lose the series.

Oh, the first test. :eek:

We can still win the series. It'll just be tough from 'ere.

No, that's not a fact, that's something that you made up.

schwab2clarkson;300729 said:
Anything over 500 would do.

Are you out of your mind?

We'd be lucky to get over 350 in the second dig.

When was the last time we made 500+ let alone against one of the best sides in the world?

:rolleyes:

Is it really?

Source...

schwab2clarkson;298998 said:
Blaming Aussie bowlers is the easy option
Matt Byrnes

Blaming Australia’s bowlers for the opening Test loss to South Africa would be taking the easy option.

It would also be an opinion expressed by someone extremely naive or with very little knowledge of Test match cricket.

After gaining a first-innings lead of almost 100 runs, Australia should have put the match to bed in its second innings.

Put simply, Australia should have batted South Africa out of the match.
Australia's batsmen should have produced a concerted batting effort and taken the lead well past 500 to ensure South Africa could not possibly win the match.

The only possible results should have been a draw or an Australian victory.

But, Australia's batsmen failed to seize the initiative and at one point it appeared the team may have even been bowled out for less than 200.

grapedo;300776 said:
Blaming

If your bowlers can not defend the second highest test chase in history then they won't be defending much.

So are you implying in your second statement that the australian selectors, media and certain cricket identities who obviously know alot more about the game then you do have little knowlede of the game or are extremely nieve ?

Needing 414 to win I think the match is well put to bed. If they added another 100 runs that would have taken up the whole day and it would have been a draw. Any side should be able to defend that the match is done and dusted.

The batting wasn't flash but the bowlers figures for the game are definitley to blame the batting was good enough the bowling obviously wasn't.

BabyBlues;300713 said:
Anyway, see if you can guess who this is. 18. Lives in Sydney. Swans supporter.

Look into my eyes, Suzi, I don't care if you're mean to me. :)

Hmmm. Haven't figured it out yet? Maybe this will jog your memory. :)

Hi Suzi!

grapedo;300783 said:
grapedo;300776 said:
Blaming

If your bowlers can not defend the second highest test chase in history then they won't be defending much.

So are you implying in your second statement that the australian selectors, media and certain cricket identities who obviously know alot more about the game then you do have little knowlede of the game or are extremely nieve ?

Needing 414 to win I think the match is well put to bed. If they added another 100 runs that would have taken up the whole day and it would have been a draw. Any side should be able to defend that the match is done and dusted.

The batting wasn't flash but the bowlers figures for the game are definitley to blame the batting was good enough the bowling obviously wasn't.

They can't consistantly do the job because they are new to this elite level....

The Sweeper;300774 said:
Is it really?

Source...
Yeah really...... :rolleyes:

Cricket Australia

Redirecting...

Abc Cricket Magazine..... Have a look at the stats

In my 31 years of listening to and watching the cricket, I have seen 4 skippers. Border, Taylor, Waugh and Ponting. So I have seen more cricket than what you have. Whenever we lose the first game of a test series we always find it hard to win the series....
Now we have blooded 5 newish cricketers to our team, 4 in recent times. A couple of them were forgotten about. (watson, Katich and Hauritz) Krezja and Siddle are new as is Haddin but he was introduced into the team when we toured the west indies....

So don't tell me that I haven't seen a lot of cricket.....
Some of you weren't even born so fair enough you didn't actually get to see when Allan Border and Mark Taylor were the captains. The last time Australia lost a lot of their games was when they were under Allan Border's captaincy. They only started to get better when Mark Taylor was skipper and when Stephen Waugh took over. The winning streak stopped all because we lost most of the team to retirement.

Jolldo87;300757 said:
No, that's not a fact, that's something that you made up.

Then why have the guys on abc grandstand been telling us all of that then?:rolleyes:

sms abc grandstand and ask them you fool. You will be proven very wrong mate.

schwab2clarkson;300834 said:
Then why have the guys on abc grandstand been telling us all of that then?:rolleyes:

sms abc grandstand and ask them you fool. You will be proven very wrong mate.

I won't be proven wrong because all i said is that the series isn't over which it isn't. Unless the ABC already know what happens for the rest of this test and the Sydney Test :confused:

Also, please don't insult me by calling me a fool. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if people started calling you names.

schwab2clarkson;300832 said:

Cricket Australia

Redirecting...

In my 31 years of listening to and watching the cricket, I have seen 4 skippers. Border, Taylor, Waugh and Ponting. So I have seen more cricket than what you have. Whenever we lose the first game of a test series we always find it hard to win the series....
Now we have blooded 5 newish cricketers to our team, 4 in recent times. A couple of them were forgotten about. (watson, Katich and Hauritz) Krezja and Siddle are new as is Haddin but he was introduced into the team when we toured the west indies....

Some of you weren't even born so fair enough you didn't actually get to see when Allan Border and Mark Taylor were the captains. The last time Australia lost a lot of their games was when they were under Allan Border's captaincy. They only started to get better when Mark Taylor was skipper and when Stephen Waugh took over. The winning streak stopped all because we lost most of the team to retirement.

He never said you hadn't seen a lot of cricket. It is completely beside the point.

And so if ABC grandstand says it, it has to be true?

schwab2clarkson;300832 said:

Cricket Australia

Redirecting...

Was Border captain in 1977?

With all personal attacks aside, and I've seen more cricket than you have type statements, get back to the original point in question.

It's my opinion that the bowlers lost the first test and are well on the way to losing the second test for us.

1st test blame alocation: 75% bowlers, 25% bats.
2nd test Blame alocation: 65% bowlers, 35% bats.

If Brett Lee was fit it would be a different story, but Binga is reminding me of Jason Gillespie at the moment, just before he was dropped except Binga's not as good a bowler as Gillespie despite what his figures indicate.

Turn the thread into a poll if you like as the way it's going is very unprofessional. Maybe we are all expressing our hurt of seeing our once great cricket team slide from a force to a joke.

Woe is me.

Gillespie was a gun, his record indicates that:p

Back