Hussey
Hilfenhaus

Reminds me of the early 80's when we had
Hughes
Hogg
Hookes
Hilditch
Hurst

Got me thinking, can we name an Australia H side that would be competitive right now.

Hughes Phil
Hayden Matthew
Hussey Mike
Hodge Brad
Hussey David
Haddin Brad
Hopes James
Hauritz Nathan
Hogg Brad
Harris Ryan
Hilfenhaus Ben

Bowling is a bit thin but otherwise it would be competetive.

Re: Australia H

Can't use Hayden, he's retired!

P. Hughes
D. Harris
B. Hodge
M. Hussey
D. Hussey
B. Haddin
J. Hopes
N. Hauritz
R. Harris
B. Hilfenhaus

OK, so that's basically the same team you had, but with Dan Harris replacing Hayden, and Hodge and M. Hussey swapped around. I was going to put Henriques ahead of Hopes at 7, but I didn't realise how well Hopes is bowling at First Class level this year!

Considering you have only put 10 players in the side, you may as well chuck Henriques in there anyway

ants14;322027 said:
Considering you have only put 10 players in the side, you may as well chuck Henriques in there anyway

Shit, I did too! Missed Hogg. Must have been because he's retired as well. Henriques it is!

I picked Hayden & Hogg for two reasons

1/. didn't think of Dan Harris or Henriques

2/. even though they are retired they would still be quite capable.

Originally I could only think of 10 so I had Hilditch in there bexause as chairman of selectors he would probably pick himself if he could.

Happy to go with your team blue eyes.

OK so do we try any other letters?

M would be a good one. Also C.

A while ago, I tried to make an alltime world XI consisting of solely consisting of players named Smith. It worked out pretty well IIRC, although I had trouble finding a decent keeper.

Caesar;323552 said:
M would be a good one. Also C.

A while ago, I tried to make an alltime world XI consisting of solely consisting of players named Smith. It worked out pretty well IIRC, although I had trouble finding a decent keeper.

Dan Smith. Gun. :)

Truth be told, he's one of my favourite players for NSW, not because he's the best player in the world (his keeping is quite poor, in fact), but he's just got a fantastic temperament and has rescued the Blues down the order on a number of occasions.

Back