Australia in South Africa

Re: Australia in South Africa

South Africa XI: *Graeme Smith, Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Roelof van der Merwe, +Mark Boucher, Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel, Dale Steyn, Makhaya Ntini.

Australia XI: +Brad Haddin, Michael Clarke, *Ricky Ponting, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Callum Ferguson, James Hopes, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Nathan Bracken, Ben Laughlin.

They went for Laughlin instead.

Australia started well but are faltering at the end of their innings again. Haddin and Clarke went at lightning pace early, scoring at better than six an over for most of their partnership. Haddin scored 62 and Clarke 66 before they fell within a couple of overs of each other. Ferguson was prmoted up the order and batted well with Ponting before getting out for 41, Ponting was out later for 40 but the rest have come and go quickly for not much. Mike Hussey is still there and if he can get support from the tail, 300 could still be on the cards.

Roelof van der Merwe has done it again for South Africa he has 2/44 from ten overs, Duminy has 3/45 from nine.

7/255 after 44 overs. Hussey on 25, Hauritz on 4.

under 300 at Jo'Burg is almost curtains. Mitch will need to come out with fire, take 3 early ones. What a run out by De Villiers. The new Jonty Rhodes. and he can keep alright too!

A.B De Villiers;345336 said:
under 300 at Jo'Burg is almost curtains. Mitch will need to come out with fire, take 3 early ones. What a run out by De Villiers. The new Jonty Rhodes. and he can keep alright too!

Pretty much. This is the ground where both sides scored 400-odd I believe.

Batting seems to be the same pattern of late, top order fires, middle order fails. Or top order fails, middle order drags side out of the mire. They just can't seem to fire in the same game.

Ljp86;345337 said:
Pretty much. This is the ground where both sides scored 400-odd I believe.

Batting seems to be the same pattern of late, top order fires, middle order fails. Or top order fails, middle order drags side out of the mire. They just can't seem to fire in the same game.

yes i tend to agree. Not the right chemistry about the team. might be a chance to shake things up a bit, get a few new faces in and see what they can do. Ferguson has come in and done very well, why not take his example?

well at least they got 300. its something to bowl at.

WOW what a low total by the Aussies, they managed to reach 120 without losing any wickets at 7.5 runs per over in 17th over. But they only managed 300 :(. I thought the run rate usually increases not decreases? :confused:

I was certain that Aussies will lose this when i went to sleep but it looks like the bowlers have saved Australia again.

Why are the Australians struggling against spin so much? How did they face spin a few years ago?

A.B De Villiers;345336 said:
What a run out by De Villiers. The new Jonty Rhodes. and he can keep alright too!

I can't wait to get our own Jonty Rhodes class fielder back, Roy, against Pakistan.

Bracken bowled pretty well in the end in that last game. He was looking pretty shaky the whole series, and he started that way again in the last game, but after his two wickets he seemed to get his confidence back and very little runs were scored off of him for his last 5 overs. Good to see him back, hope he continues like that in the UAE.

Binky;345369 said:
WOW what a low total by the Aussies, they managed to reach 120 without losing any wickets at 7.5 runs per over in 17th over. But they only managed 300 :(. I thought the run rate usually increases not decreases? :confused:

I was certain that Aussies will lose this when i went to sleep but it looks like the bowlers have saved Australia again.

Why are the Australians struggling against spin so much? How did they face spin a few years ago?
it could be that they arnt facing any quality spin in the nets now days, you are right though, we have stuggled of late.

distributer of pain;345465 said:
it could be that they arnt facing any quality spin in the nets now days, you are right though, we have stuggled of late.

good point. i always wonder how the quality of the bowlers affect the batting of the side. i wonder how much warne bowled to his team mates, and how much difference it made to the side.

Back