Australia's Test Side Is Officially A Basket Case

I'm worried about Punter. I have been ever since that second test match against Pakistan in England. He looked so tired when he got out to a shithouse delivery just throwing the bat at it after he had done all the hard work the day before.

He looks tired to me. It will take all his concentration to get fifties in this series.

And yes, Lucky Boy isn't exactly getting much movement or anything else on the ball. He isn't even bowling that fast.

I'm worried about Punter. I have been ever since that second test match against Pakistan in England. He looked so tired when he got out to a shithouse delivery just throwing the bat at it after he had done all the hard work the day before.

He looks tired to me. It will take all his concentration to get fifties in this series.

And yes, Lucky Boy isn't exactly getting much movement or anything else on the ball. He isn't even bowling that fast.

I didn't think Punter would be as bad as this though. He looks done.

What is to be done with this team of players who are so poor under the pressure of decent bowling and/or decent batting? They seem to have no answers to either.

Don't think anyone thought it had got that bad for punter. The question is does punter realise it and have the good sense to retire before he is dumped?
Johnson has had his match for this year, why do the selectors persist?

How many years before you blokes can turn this mess around? What do you reckon's going to happen now?

Is there a consensus over there that Punter is to blame? It strikes me that Punter only had a handful of blokes that could do their job - Haddin, Siddle and Hussey. If he had some proper players there may have been a different outcome. Who else is out there?

I think that it will take a few years. I just want the team to compete instead of looking completely cowed as they do now when the slightest adverse situation arises.

It doesn't matter if it is a consensus really, not with how test cricket works, he's captain, he's failing badly at 3 and the team looks utterly uninspired.

Don't think anyone thought it had got that bad for punter. The question is does punter realise it and have the good sense to retire before he is dumped?
Johnson has had his match for this year, why do the selectors persist?

As I said before, I thought he looked knackered before this all kicked off.

It's not that much of a surprise. He has scored about 2 tons in the last 2 years and his average for the last 3/4 years must be around 40? He just doesn't have many big innings in him anymore.

But it's not likely that he's going to admit it. How many players ever do?

How many years before you blokes can turn this mess around? What do you reckon's going to happen now?

Is there a consensus over there that Punter is to blame? It strikes me that Punter only had a handful of blokes that could do their job - Haddin, Siddle and Hussey. If he had some proper players there may have been a different outcome. Who else is out there?

Probably not till England are out here again. Australia has a lot of rebuilding to do which is going to take a fair bit of time. Too much deadwood at the moment and not enough guys really pushing hard for selection. Couple that with some people (selectors/administration) who have no idea and you've got a nice mess to clean up.

I've Seen enough of what we have to offer and first thing Australia need to do is drop the
following players:

Hughes - Is a number 5 batsmen. No defence or technique = not an opener or top 4.
Ponting - He's finished and too old for the rebuild mould and can't score. Is not picking the ball up early enough which is a sign he's done.
Clarke - He never was any good, so over rated. He has to go, he can't score runs.
Hilfenhaus - Can swing it but can't bowl. No brains and only one skill.
Johnson - I'd nearly keep him for his batting. Can only bowl in suitable conditions. Is rubbish more than he's good.
Haddin - Can only bat on flat tracks. Not a test batsman at all. No brains, no fight. Can't keep at all.
Selection Comittee - They select Hughes who averages 20 odd and clearly can't bat. They hang onto a ton of duds and make the biggest dud captain. They have NFI and need a completly fresh comittee with balls and brains.

Maybe Dropped:
Beer - deserves a chance to prove himself. Good flight but no spin. Doesn't look the real deal.
Smith - Can't bowl. Can't bat well enough. There for has no role in the team but should be there abouts as a project.

1. Watson - Our best bat, only one doing any good bar Huss.
2. Marsh - How can we ignore his good form. Perfect fit for where we are.
3. Khawaja - Must play, will be a star of the future.
4. Maddison - Good to get youth in and he's going well.
5. Cosgrove (vc) - Who cares if he's fat, it's f*#&ing Cricket! 2nd most runs of the year, part time spin, can bat, right age
and very skilled.
6. Hussey (c) - He's earnt his spot.
7. Pain + - Has some fight unlike Haddin and can keep really well.
8. Hauritz - Can bat. Like it or not he's our best spinner we have.
9. Cameron - Raw pace, what we miss, plus has good form. Averages 15 this year.
10. Siddle - Bowling well, line and length.
11. Starc - Left arm swing, this is the key to beating England and a lot of others.

I've Seen enough of what we have to offer and first thing Australia need to do is drop the
following players:

Hughes - Is a number 5 batsmen. No defence or technique = not an opener or top 4.
Ponting - He's finished and too old for the rebuild mould and can't score. Is not picking the ball up early enough which is a sign he's done.
Clarke - He never was any good, so over rated. He has to go, he can't score runs.
Hilfenhaus - Can swing it but can't bowl. No brains and only one skill.
Johnson - I'd nearly keep him for his batting. Can only bowl in suitable conditions. Is rubbish more than he's good.
Haddin - Can only bat on flat tracks. Not a test batsman at all. No brains, no fight. Can't keep at all.
Selection Comittee - They select Hughes who averages 20 odd and clearly can't bat. They hang onto a ton of duds and make the biggest dud captain. They have NFI and need a completly fresh comittee with balls and brains.

Maybe Dropped:
Beer - deserves a chance to prove himself. Good flight but no spin. Doesn't look the real deal.
Smith - Can't bowl. Can't bat well enough. There for has no role in the team but should be there abouts as a project.

1. Watson - Our best bat, only one doing any good bar Huss.
2. Marsh - How can we ignore his good form. Perfect fit for where we are.
3. Khawaja - Must play, will be a star of the future.
4. Maddison - Good to get youth in and he's going well.
5. Cosgrove (vc) - Who cares if he's fat, it's f*#&ing Cricket! 2nd most runs of the year, part time spin, can bat, right age
and very skilled.
6. Hussey (c) - He's earnt his spot.
7. Pain + - Has some fight unlike Haddin and can keep really well.
8. Hauritz - Can bat. Like it or not he's our best spinner we have.
9. Cameron - Raw pace, what we miss, plus has good form. Averages 15 this year.
10. Siddle - Bowling well, line and length.
11. Starc - Left arm swing, this is the key to beating England and a lot of others.

Not bad, most of what you've said is spot on or near enough to the mark although I still disagree with a few of the inclusions you've made. Would much prefer Copeland in the side over Starc, Copeland averages 18 with the ball in Shield cricket which is quite remarkable as he has played a number of games now.

Australia's current pace battery has to many seamers and once the ball becomes old or the pitch isnt doing much, they struggle. I don't rate hilfy at the moment as he is to predictable and he swing is out of the hand and not late swing like steyn and anderson. Johnson needs to be developed as what we saw in Perth shows how dangerous he can be. Our current pace attack is not dangerous and stuggles in the middle overs of test cricket. Bringing in players like Cameron, Starc, Hazlewood, J Pattinson, Mckay would do us a world of good. Selectors need to create a feeling amongst the players that there spot is always under threat and that they have to fight for it, much like collingwood football club this year.

I really hope they give Copeland a shot. The one thing you read about him is that he is accurate. I can't actually remember what that means in terms of Aus bowlers. It would be such a breath of fresh air.

Back