Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

sweeper;236440 said:
Next Sunday at Brown Hill i'm pretty sure cause don't think our ground will be ready at alfredton

Might have to take a slab along and sit on the hill, weather pending

sweeper;236440 said:
Next Sunday at Brown Hill i'm pretty sure cause don't think our ground will be ready at alfredton

Might have to take a slab along and sit on the hill, weather pending

napisan;235554 said:
The BCA have stuck to the rules and that is the right thing to do. Darley are part of the Ballarat Cricket Association and shouldn't get preferential treatment based on geographical location. If Moore was cleared to Darley based on the fact that he live in Bacchus Marsh then that would set precedence for future cases meaning Darley could argue any player be cleared to Darley from a Ballarat club even if he hasn't satisfied the clearance criteria. This would give Darley an unfair advantge over other clubs trying to recruit players to their club.

I agree that Point have won this based on a technicality but a competition needs rules to protect its clubs and to provide an even competition.

if moore is a professional player[a paid player] then any court in australia would direct he be cleared on the basis it would interfere with him earning a living. infact a non paid player can go where he likes, from one season to the next. with clearance application in hand away they can go. some cricket associations constitutions are way out of date. look up the discrimination act.

napisan;235554 said:
The BCA have stuck to the rules and that is the right thing to do. Darley are part of the Ballarat Cricket Association and shouldn't get preferential treatment based on geographical location. If Moore was cleared to Darley based on the fact that he live in Bacchus Marsh then that would set precedence for future cases meaning Darley could argue any player be cleared to Darley from a Ballarat club even if he hasn't satisfied the clearance criteria. This would give Darley an unfair advantge over other clubs trying to recruit players to their club.

I agree that Point have won this based on a technicality but a competition needs rules to protect its clubs and to provide an even competition.

if moore is a professional player[a paid player] then any court in australia would direct he be cleared on the basis it would interfere with him earning a living. infact a non paid player can go where he likes, from one season to the next. with clearance application in hand away they can go. some cricket associations constitutions are way out of date. look up the discrimination act.

G'day all

Thought I would drop in, make myself known, and keep you updated on the big news from 4th II cricket this year. If any of you are keen for the big news in the lower grade games, let me know.

G'day all

Thought I would drop in, make myself known, and keep you updated on the big news from 4th II cricket this year. If any of you are keen for the big news in the lower grade games, let me know.

Dingo_Jones;236703 said:

I think a dingo is trying to take Stevo's baby!

Dingo_Jones;236703 said:

touché;265636 said:

Just looking at the new registrations and Golden Point seem to have a few new players with ethnic names. Where have these blokes come from and are they any good?

touché;265636 said:

Just looking at the new registrations and Golden Point seem to have a few new players with ethnic names. Where have these blokes come from and are they any good?

napisan;265662 said:

looks like the point lads have had a few nights out on the soup, caught a taxi home & done a little recruiting at the same time!!!!

napisan;265662 said:

looks like the point lads have had a few nights out on the soup, caught a taxi home & done a little recruiting at the same time!!!!

Just popping in to say that if any of you are planning to attend the Ballarat Football League Grand Final Breakfast. Rodney Hogg, the former Aussie cricketer will be the special guest speaker.

sort of cricket related but anyway just thought I would pop in to say that.

Haven't been on here for a few weeks but how are Mt Clear shaping up? Any newbies that we should be on the look out for?

Just popping in to say that if any of you are planning to attend the Ballarat Football League Grand Final Breakfast. Rodney Hogg, the former Aussie cricketer will be the special guest speaker.

Haven't been on here for a few weeks but how are Mt Clear shaping up? Any newbies that we should be on the look out for?

schwab2clarkson;266262 said:

pidge, youve changed your name!!!!!! getting a bad rap about that shower thing, huh???

no-one has heard much about the mountie lads. seem as you have confessed to hiding in the bushes & stalking them, perhaps you have some news for us?

pidge, youve changed your name!!!!!! getting a bad rap about that shower thing, huh???

no-one has heard much about the mountie lads. seem as you have confessed to hiding in the bushes & stalking them, perhaps you have some news for us?

cobber14;266277 said:

Nope. Check the introductions thread for my answer on that.

I haven't been anywhere near the training sessions as I have been very busy myself.
I thought that I would talk about cricket in particular ballarat cricket instead of the shit boring stuff that people on here don't need.

cobber14;266277 said:

Nope. Check the introductions thread for my answer on that.

I haven't been anywhere near the training sessions as I have been very busy myself.
I thought that I would talk about cricket in particular ballarat cricket instead of the shit boring stuff that people on here don't need.

few good recruits, few handy bowlers come our way. need it to make up the loss of 5 one's players that played in the premiership team. few handy players that have come back to play from recent years.

few good recruits, few handy bowlers come our way. need it to make up the loss of 5 one's players that played in the premiership team. few handy players that have come back to play from recent years.

schwab2clarkson;266264 said:
Hey guys,

I was pidgeon fan before the merger. I am now schwab2clarkson. Sure I thought of using the same name as my one on bigfooty. I am so used to it now.
Anyway my name is Suzi. You might know me if you play footy or even umpire it. I am a goal umpire for the local ballarat football umpires association.
I love footy and watching the cricket on tv.

Yeah thats not pidge at all lol!!! get banned come back under a different name and pretend, you cant fool anyone!

schwab2clarkson;266264 said:
Hey guys,

I was pidgeon fan before the merger. I am now schwab2clarkson. Sure I thought of using the same name as my one on bigfooty. I am so used to it now.
Anyway my name is Suzi. You might know me if you play footy or even umpire it. I am a goal umpire for the local ballarat football umpires association.
I love footy and watching the cricket on tv.

Yeah thats not pidge at all lol!!! get banned come back under a different name and pretend, you cant fool anyone!

well not even the re-introduction of pidge is enough to keep this place alive...and we're only a couple weeks away from the start...must be some more wheeling and dealings going on out there...

well not even the re-introduction of pidge is enough to keep this place alive...and we're only a couple weeks away from the start...must be some more wheeling and dealings going on out there...

gee darley boys have been pretty quiet on here for a while...still hurting after the footy loss hope it doenst carry onto there cricket no doubt they'll be hearing about it during the season from other teams.

howd the practice matches go heard wendouree had one on sunday?

gee darley boys have been pretty quiet on here for a while...still hurting after the footy loss hope it doenst carry onto there cricket no doubt they'll be hearing about it during the season from other teams.

howd the practice matches go heard wendouree had one on sunday?

yeah i heard wendouree had a practice match on sunday at wendouree 2. Heard they won easy with Miller, bell, skinner and pyke getting runs. Aparantly had a new openning bowler...........

yeah i heard wendouree had a practice match on sunday at wendouree 2. Heard they won easy with Miller, bell, skinner and pyke getting runs. Aparantly had a new openning bowler...........

thickedge;267353 said:

Rhys Cahir. The clearance has been lodged from Dunstown.

Will be interesting to see how he steps up to turf cricket after years of dominating in the districts.

Played a game about 4 or 5 years ago on permit for coronet but other than that I don't think he would of played on turf before.

I hear every club has approached him this year.

thickedge;267353 said:

Rhys Cahir. The clearance has been lodged from Dunstown.

Will be interesting to see how he steps up to turf cricket after years of dominating in the districts.

Played a game about 4 or 5 years ago on permit for coronet but other than that I don't think he would of played on turf before.

I hear every club has approached him this year.

I heard Mt Clear have recruited Justin Davey from Creswick Imps. Back to his old club. Could be handy with all the bowlers that have left. Is Sidebottom going back to Mounites? Funny Cahir wouldn't follow a footy team mate.

I heard Mt Clear have recruited Justin Davey from Creswick Imps. Back to his old club. Could be handy with all the bowlers that have left. Is Sidebottom going back to Mounites? Funny Cahir wouldn't follow a footy team mate.

yes the darley boys have been quiet. just keeping a lid on the den.we had a game against sunshine united. won comfortably. Ben hall 5 wckets u/16 player. gunna be good for us. Steve riley 70no. whelan 46 not out and a couple of new players all doin well. Round one i's neall here. was a very good track at sunshine. gotta love these clubs that get a wicket up in september,
East ballarat- where will the a grade be playing? pls tell me it's not at white flat. do they have a bigger hard wicket ground or will there tuf be up?

yes the darley boys have been quiet. just keeping a lid on the den.we had a game against sunshine united. won comfortably. Ben hall 5 wckets u/16 player. gunna be good for us. Steve riley 70no. whelan 46 not out and a couple of new players all doin well. Round one i's neall here. was a very good track at sunshine. gotta love these clubs that get a wicket up in september,
East ballarat- where will the a grade be playing? pls tell me it's not at white flat. do they have a bigger hard wicket ground or will there tuf be up?

anyone know if east ballarat are still playing in the comp??? i havent heard a thing from their camp all season. no comings or goings on the bca website either. strangely quiet from a usually loud camp......:cool:

anyone know if east ballarat are still playing in the comp??? i havent heard a thing from their camp all season. no comings or goings on the bca website either. strangely quiet from a usually loud camp......:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back