Barclay Shield 2017/18

Can't see Macleod coming back from this position, but there is still plenty of work to be done by Riverside. A wicket in the first over, two in the first 3 would really get a few people nervous and Grand Finals do funny things to people's mindset.

In saying that, I really can't see Macleod taking more than 3 wickets before Riverside get the runs and break the premiership voodoo. Talent wise, they are probably one of the most evenly spread Grand Final teams in a long long time. Not to mention a number of stars they have.

Gibbsy to hit the winning runs.

Can't see Macleod coming back from this position, but there is still plenty of work to be done by Riverside. A wicket in the first over, two in the first 3 would really get a few people nervous and Grand Finals do funny things to people's mindset.

In saying that, I really can't see Macleod taking more than 3 wickets before Riverside get the runs and break the premiership voodoo. Talent wise, they are probably one of the most evenly spread Grand Final teams in a long long time. Not to mention a number of stars they have.

Gibbsy to hit the winning runs.

Ease up tongs,they have underachieved for 2 years now on an open cheque book and still not over the line and your telling us there the most evenly spread team for a long long time. Give us a spell what about the recent creek teams or the plenty teams from mid 2000’s or even the Bundoora teams from early 2000’s.

Ease up tongs,they have underachieved for 2 years now on an open cheque book and still not over the line and your telling us there the most evenly spread team for a long long time. Give us a spell what about the recent creek teams or the plenty teams from mid 2000’s or even the Bundoora teams from early 2000’s.

I am referring to the 11 that are playing this week. Not the side from the previous years. I also didn't say that they were the best team, just that they are so even spread across the 11 blokes. Coming up against them would be hard to find a weakness to exploit.

As a batsmen, imagine facing their attack each week. Once you get through Austin (29 wickets), you get Salm (25), if you get through those two, you have Gedge (24), Villani (22) Knox (20), and just for shlts and giggles, they throw the pill to Scott Gibbs to bowl. It is just relentless. As a bowler you'd have to content with Money, Salm, Hoyne, Smale, Gibbs, Villani, even Bragg has had a fantastic season.

I wouldn't mind a player or two of those at my club. Its a very very handy side. And those that know me, know I don't usually have fond words for the Riverside boys, but credit where its due.

when did bundoora do anything since the 90s

01/02 flag was our last flag but original point was how evenly spread the current Riverside side is compared to others. I agree with Tongs, Riverside have 11 blokes who can/have contributed at any given time if others fail, although Austin is a clear standout with the ball for mine. Will be deserved winners on Saturday, hopefully an early finish so they can sober up for mass on Sunday :D

Back