Big Bash

They should have put in players' salary cap, typical of CA to let that particular cat out of the bag. And it is as I thought, the local players may end up losing out overall as their state contracts will be cut and they'll be on low BB rates if the big stars suck up all the money.

They should have put in players' salary cap, typical of CA to let that particular cat out of the bag. And it is as I thought, the local players may end up losing out overall as their state contracts will be cut and they'll be on low BB rates if the big stars suck up all the money.

No doubt the imports (big name players) will take up a huge % of the 1.2m cap, CA have made a big error.

Not all that surprising by CA, the concept was rushed and now local talent are going to lose out. Chris Gayle is asking for $250,000 which is more than a fifth of each franchise's salary cap and even Murali is asking for $150,000 despite not being all that prominent in one-day cricket anymore. The players who play domestic cricket solely are going to be the big losers out of all this.

smart franchises will buy up on the solid australian talent and more obscure foreign talent and save a bucketload. Tassie tigers are usually pretty good at this, so maybe look out for the Hobart side?

I wish Katich would come home for good, dumbest thing WA did was let him go.

Very disappointed in Gayle, thought the guy would have a bit of loyalty but obviously not when there are big dollars up for grabs.

WA get Herchelle Gibbs, would've though he might be a bit past it, I guess be will see. Better than Sajid Mahmood anyway.. I just hope WA aren't paying him too much.

WA get Herchelle Gibbs, would've though he might be a bit past it, I guess be will see. Better than Sajid Mahmood anyway.. I just hope WA aren't paying him too much.

He can't have been in high demand (he's been pretty ordinary in the IPL) so I would think that he can't charge a lot. If we get a couple of 'thanks for the memories' innings out of him, that should be enough and he's still pretty good in the field.

Mickey is picking the Warriors (LOL), but he's getting my favourite players so I'm ok with that. I'd rather have had Voges than North though. Voges doesn't get bogged down and North can. Both Marsh bros and Coulter-Nile with Scorchers - excellent.

Squads so far

Adelaide Strikers: Daniel Harris, Cameron Borgas
Brisbane Heat: Nick Buchanan, Ryan Harris, Chris Lynn
Hobart Hurricanes: Xavier Doherty, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Tim Paine
Melbourne Renegades: No signings
Melbourne Stars: No signings
Perth Scorchers: Tom Beaton, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Herschelle Gibbs, Michael Hussey, Simon Katich, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Marcus North, Luke Pomersbach
Sydney Sixers: Moises Henriques, Steven Smith
Sydney Thunder: Chris Gayle, David Warner

The teams so far. Also interesting to note that Perth Scorchers have signed nine players yet no other side has more than three. Perth also only have one bowler at the moment too.

Unconvincing as it seems, they'll bowl Mitchell Marsh in the Big Bash for sure. His record is freakily good in that format.

I wonder if any of the teams are going to buy Brendon McCullum? He's a great t20 batsmen and he's been in pretty good form in the IPL.

Back