Big Cricket Player of The Month (January)

PLayer of the Month January 2009

• Jayasuria (Sri Lanka)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shakib Al Hasan (Bang)

• Dilshan (Sri Lanka)

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Duminy (S.A)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Chigumbura (Zim)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Price (Zim)

• Amla (S.A)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D.K

Big Cricket Player of The Month (January)

*Logo still in the process of being made*

Welcome to the 2nd monthly award handed out to the player voted by you as the best player of the past month. After crowning Graeme Smith (South Africa) as our inagural winner of this prestigious honour its time to vote again.

January saw only a couple of test matches: Sri Lanka vs Bangledesh and Australia vs South Africa. But there were one dayers/Twenty20's involving countries such as New Zealand, West Indies, Australia, South Africa, Bangledesh, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka. Cricket Cricket Cricket everywhere

Nominations for January 2009:

T.M. Dilshan (Sri Lanka) Tests: 305 runs @ 152.50 (2 hundreds) ... ODI: 263 runs @ 65.75 (1 ton, 1 fifty)

S.T. Jaysuria (Sri Lanka) ODI: 302 runs @ 37.75 (1 hundred, 1 fifty)

Ray Price (Zimbabwe) ODI: 15 wickets @ 14.60

H.M. Amlan (South Africa) Tests: 110 runs @ 55 (2 fifties) .... ODI: 199 runs @ 49.75 (2 fifties)

Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh) Tests: 5 wickets @ 37.90 .... ODI: 223 runs @ 55.75 and 11 wickets @ 10

J.P Duminy (South Africa) ODI: 175 runs @ 53 (2 fifities) .... Twenty20: 147 runs @ 147 (2 fifties)

E Chigumbra (Zimbabe) ODI: 268 runs @ 33.5 (3 fifities)

Great to see such a wide variety of players noimated for the month of January.

I am going to vote Dilshan His stats just speak for themselves. 2 hundreds in the one test match and then the 3rd highest runs for the One Dayers (albeit against some lesser opponents) Still gotta get out there and make the runs

Re: Big Cricket Player of The Month (January)

I say Duminy. He had a tremendous odi series and was playing against realtively strong opposition. Also up there would be Amla, Price and Chigumbura but I say Duminy.

Between Price and Shakib for me.

With Dilshan's stats he would have got it most months but his games were against Bangladesh so that puts a bit of a dent in it.

I need an explanation on how Duminy had a better month than Shakib. Shakib made more runs, had a better average and bowled amazingly in the ODI's. :confused:

I'm going to vote Dilshan, although his runs were scored against Bangladesh I think they are a muched improved side and deserve a bit more respect.

postmanpav;320790 said:
I'm going to vote Dilshan, although his runs were scored against Bangladesh I think they are a muched improved side and deserve a bit more respect.

He has done nothing at all against India in the current series. Just shows he is a minnow basher.

Al Hasan. 1. He is a legend, 2. He has been in supreme touch.

<p class="news-body">
A local umpire called Saddam Hossain was impressed by the kid's prowess and called him to practise with the Islampur Para Club, one of the teams in the Magura Cricket League. Shakib turned up and, as was his wont, batted aggressively and bowled fast. That was what he knew best. Then, suddenly, inexplicably, he began bowling spin - and had the batsmen totally flummoxed.
</p>

Well fellers the votes are in. Not as many voted this time but still got 12 of you to give your "official" vote

Winner of BigCricket's player of the Month January 2009

Shakib Al Hassan

A blog will be up shortly and then ill post it in this thread for all you to read.

Put up the blog. Pretty short but have a read if you like. :)

Back