Oz/Kiwi Sport

Our new pace bowler Duffy took 4 for 30 odd in the lst one mate, but isn't even in the squad for the next two... our bowling overall will be much stronger in the remaining ones with Boult, Southee & Jamieson returning, also have Williamson back to strengthen the batting.

C3..jpg
2nd 20/20
Sun 20th Dec {Seddon Park, Hamilton}
7pm {NZ time}

Black Caps (games two and three) : Kane Williamson (c), Martin Guptill, Tim Seifert, Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips, Jimmy Neesham, Daryl Mitchell, Kyle Jamieson, Todd Astle, Ish Sodhi, Scott Kuggeleijn, Tim Southee, Trent Boult

Pakistan : Shadab Khan (c), Abdullah Shafique, Faheem Ashraf, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Hussain Talat, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Rizwan, Musa Khan, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Usman Qadir, Wahab Riaz

Played Pakistan in the 1st 20/20 a couple of days ago Craig... we had a lot of new blokes playing in the team, at one stage we had them 5 for 50 after 10 overs, but unfortunately our mob took the foot off the throat, they scored more than 100 runs in the last 10 overs, but we managed to win with only an over to spare.
:thumbsu: good stuff Pete.

Give me some gen on Duffy.

Don't know that much about him myself Craig as we don't get much live NZ domestic coverage... from what I've seen of Duffy though he has really good pace, fluent action & is 26 years old.

8-cricket-ball-hitting-wickets-allan-swart.jpg
2nd TEST
Sun 3rd Jan {Hagley Oval, Christchurch}
11am {NZ time}

NZ Squad : Kane Williamson (c), Tom Latham, Tom Blundell, Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling, Daryl Mitchell, Mitchell Santner, Kyle Jamieson, Tim Southee, Matt Henry, Trent Boult, Will Young.

PAKISTAN Squad : Mohammad Rizwan, Abid Ali, Azhar Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Fawad Alam, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Imran Butt, Mohammad Abbas, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shan Masood, Sohail Khan, Yasir Shah, Naseem Shah, Zafar Gohar.

Williamson just dont wanna relinquish his wicket Pete. Last three Tests he has dragged your blokes from a poor start to a place of dominance. Like Smith for us he inspires others to stay with him. He is an exceptional batsman. It has to be said against a pop gun attack.

Last edited:
Yeah Craig, it's almost impossible to get Williamson out at the moment... as you basically say their pace attack isn't that strong, they also haven't helped themselves by dropping Nicholl's a few times in his innings.
Very true, great batsmen like K.W. and Smith tend to really inspire their own batsmen & also the rest of their team - yeah, our captain has lead by example with the bat getting us out of big trouble because of poor starts... a lot of that due to our batsmen pushing at the ball with hard hands in defence too much so get caught comfortably in slips.
If you watch K.W. when he's defending he never pushes the bat forward to the ball, lets it come to him & at the same time loosens the grip on his bat handle so plays a very dead bat, so there's hardly any chance that the ball will carry to slips or pop up a catch on the off side, leg side or forward of him... the bloke is basically tiring out the bowlers & keeps the ball on the deck most of the time, then cashes in working the ball into gaps scoring a truckload of runs, very smart batting, reminds me a lot of how Tendulkar use to bat.

Last edited:
If you watch K.W. when he's defending he never pushes the bat forward to the ball, lets it come to him & at the same time loosens the grip on his bat handle so plays a very dead bat
Williamson finally goes after almost 400 balls. Herculean effort of concentration. Yep Pete. The above and powers of concentration are the keys to a very good batsman over the run of the mill one. Amazing how many guys playing First Class cricket have not grasped these tenets of good red ball batsmanship.

Yes Pete I did see that ball bend like a banana. Plenty of life in that deck and your blokes making the most of it. Game over today I am tipping.

Should be game over today Craig... but you never know what's going to happen in test cricket, Pakistan have shown a lot of fight & determination in their batting, much more than what the W.I. did.

Exactly mate, a lot of First Class red ball cricketers whether batsmen or bowlers just don't learn from their mistakes so keep making the same stupid errors... the very best test cricketers are the one's that have the mindset to try & improve in every match they play, which then makes them keep their focus so they can consistently perform to a high standard.

Should be game over today Craig... but you never know what's going to happen in test cricket, Pakistan have shown a lot of fight & determination in their batting, much more than what the W.I. did.

Exactly mate, a lot of First Class red ball cricketers whether batsmen or bowlers just don't learn from their mistakes so keep making the same stupid errors... the very best test cricketers are the one's that have the mindset to try & improve in every match they play, which then makes them keep their focus so they can consistently perform to a high standard.
Precisely Pete. Labuchagne is a prime example of that. He was averaging a piddling @33 FC when picked in his first Test. It has jumped to @43 today on the back of his @58 Test average.

Jamieson is again doing the damage for the Black Caps attack. They cant handle his extreme bounce and often the short one is directed at the body.

Labuchagne is a class player Craig :thumbsu: with him playing for Aussie he knows everyone else will do their jobs, so just has to concentrate on his own role, which has made him a better player, therefore improves his average too.

Jamieson is going great guns mate - only early days, has played 6 tests & taken 36 wickets so far at an average of 13... & averages 56 with the bat, the bloke is going to be a top all-rounder for us.

Those are impressive figures indeed Pete. I'd like Green to be instructed to bowl the way Jamieson does.. short spells and always at the batsman to utilise his towering elevation.

Reckon it's a good idea to give all your pace bowlers fairly short spells on most occasions Craig - keeps them fresh & they'll be more effective... both Green & Jamieson are going to be really good all-rounders.

Back