Brett Lee in Talks with Hampshire CCC

hattrick

Brett Lee in Talks with Hampshire CCC

"Hampshire Cricket can confirm that talks are ongoing with Brett Lee about playing for Hampshire this season," the county said. "These talks are at an advanced stage and we will hope to make a further announcement in due course."

Hampshire are close to signing the Australia fast bowler Brett Lee, the county confirmed yesterday. Hampshire said talks were "at an advanced stage" with the 33-year-old who has not previously played in the County Championship.

One has to wonder whether this is to cash in or to prolong his international career. Hampshire with their relationship with the Rajasthan Royals would want to qualify for the Champions League .. He is expected to be in England in late May which tells me that this is another 2020 buy. Is ut just me or are the English Counties spending more on internationals for the prolonged 2020 competition than before?

Hampshire close to deal with Australia pace bowler Brett Lee | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Re: Brett Lee in Talks with Hampshire CCC

I can seem him playing in a 4 day game, maybe two but the majority will be one day or T20 games. Warms him up nicely for the one day series against Pakistan and England later in the summer.

Hampshire need to be careful, they'll get a reputation for buying broken bowlers. Bond, Jones, Lee...

Back