Can india Win The World Cup T20

shikha

Can india Win The World Cup T20

Indian Cricket team In great form can india win the world cup give me your views

Re: Can india Win The World Cup T20

No reason why not. They have a decent batting line but maybe lack a little in the bowling department, mainly consistency.

India probably don't have the bowling to go out and blast a side out, but by word do they have the batting.

In that regard India are a bit reliant on the toss, bat first and post a massive score.

We saw in India when Australia went there late last year that Australia had the firepower to blast India out when bowling first and that is what you need. You need the bowlers and the batsmen.

India can win the world cup, but only if things like the toss go their way.

It is probably easier to list the teams that can't win the world cup.

New Zealand, England, Pakistan, West Indies.

That's four of the main nations.

Then you have:

India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Australia.

Those will be the 4 semi-finalists, and once you get to the knockout stage it really does come down to the day and what happens with things like the toss and the dew factor.

I'd be leaning towards a South Africa - Australia final.

Sri Lanka vs India final for me.

Australia will be lucky to make it to the semis.

What!!!

Lucky to make it to the semi's?

Any reasoning behind it? Or are you one of thoes types that screams "the sky is falling" anytime Australia happens to lose?

Australia are one of the few teams in the world that has the bowling to take teams out straight up, they also have played a heap of ODI cricket on the sub-continent - every year we go to India for a 7 match series.

Australia will romp it into the semi's.

Since the 1st of June 2009, Australia has played 30 matchs, winning 24 and losing 4 @ 80%.

Hardly indicative of a team that will be 'lucky' to make the semi's.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;390917 said:
What!!!

Lucky to make it to the semi's?

Any reasoning behind it? Or are you one of thoes types that screams "the sky is falling" anytime Australia happens to lose?

Australia are one of the few teams in the world that has the bowling to take teams out straight up, they also have played a heap of ODI cricket on the sub-continent - every year we go to India for a 7 match series.

Australia will romp it into the semi's.

Since the 1st of June 2009, Australia has played 30 matchs, winning 24 and losing 4 @ 80%.

Hardly indicative of a team that will be 'lucky' to make the semi's.

Exactly what was said last two T20 World Cups.

I hope they do, but I can see this team crumbling. There are no big names or seemingly anyone special, other than Tait, and that's debatable.

When there was Hayden, Gilchrist, Symonds, Ponting you would say definitely a win, and they lost when up against the other world big guns.

Now the best player Australia has is Warner. The only player that plays all T20s is Clarke.

I think India, Sri Lanka and South Africa have Australia covered skill wise.

While I'm all for a bit of thread progression, swerving the topic to Australia after 3/4 replies is taking the mick a little.

There is a board for all things antipodean, use it and leave this thread to be used for the purpose it was created for.

I just realised that this thread is about the T20 World Cup.

I saw the 'term' world cup and thought that it ment the one in 2011.

Sorry about that.

Asian Countries In race Of cricket

This race started when team India start playing cricket against england.Then After partition Pakistan cricket team came to existence.now in this sri lanka Bangladesh and Afghanistan also playing cricket and has qualified the t20 world cup

Re: Asian Countries In race Of cricket

The T20 WC is a lottery really, that is one of its attractions.

Would be great to see the Windies win it, Pakistan would also have to be one of the favourites.

India can win the t20 world cup as long aus pakistan stays out of form and South Africa get banned again. Otherwise it's South Africa all the way.:D

brickwaller99;391722 said:
India can win the t20 world cup as long aus pakistan stays out of form and South Africa get banned again. Otherwise it's South Africa all the way.:D

South Africa and tournaments though?

Not too sure on that.

You have a point. South Africa is a bit like victoria only not as bad. So I am going for zimbabwe after their form in WI

mas cambios;390929 said:
While I'm all for a bit of thread progression, swerving the topic to Australia after 3/4 replies is taking the mick a little.

There is a board for all things antipodean, use it and leave this thread to be used for the purpose it was created for.
To this end, thread moved to Rest of the World forum - hopefully that will allow it to retain its focus on India.

I know I'm moving a lot of threads, but we are consciously trying to ensure that this board retains its international neutrality of discussion. Threads focused on a particular nation belong in the region forums.

@brickwaller99
South Africa banned .... I think you are referring to Pakistan mate. The T20 World Cup/Championship is a lottery as proven in England.

However I think the wickets and the small grounds might suit India more than people are aware.

Hopefully a Sri Lanka/South Africa final but a dark horse has managed to sneak in the last couple of times. NZ have McCullum peaking around the right time so they'd be a decent outside shot.

The minnows will have something to say again as well in the lead up rounds.

Back