City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Gotta give Roachie credit he sure is keen...has been very pro active in the off season and can't wait to hit the training track, sure do hope our boys are ready for the challenge!!:D

re: North A and B 10/11

roosters hack;402617 said:
Gotta give Roachie credit he sure is keen...has been very pro active in the off season and can't wait to hit the training track, sure do hope our boys are ready for the challenge!!:D

When do the Roosters begin training?

re: North A and B 10/11

roosters hack;402623 said:
Couple of weeks indoor on a Monday night...wanna come for a run?:D

only runs I do these days are to the bar mate (or the fridge on a Monday night). Good to see the North B clubs gearing up nice and early, should be a ripper comp this year, anyone's flag.

Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Evening All,

I hope your all remember to get your tips in for the early BBQ Biffo Cup match tonight.

Carl
Bullies
Freo
Pies
Bombers
Cats
Tigers
Saints

Did hear of some talk about lower grades playing 55 overs and that Barrack had rolled over to the man with the gun and baulked out introducing the red and yellow card system which if introduced could quite well have seen the gold caps with no players on the field!!

Hypothetically will the nappy san kid get a game with the Eureka stockade man and others plus all those promissing kids pushing up followed by a couple of ordinary years recently?

Before Clocker corrects me yes I know it was Peter Lalor at Eureka but did Glen end up at the wrong oasis or wasn't the original oasis big enough for both him and our very own B?

For anyone wondering not you nappy boy I put a couple of hours in last night and will have an update of the Big Mac photo identikit footy tipping competition by the weekend.

Buddy boy I hear the Rockers are not travelling too well at all?

UM how is the winter cricket going?

Who are all these newbies or have some of our old favourites just re invented themselves?

Is one of the Jammos getting a kick down at Molly Dene Park?

Moose could nearly run for Prime Minister given the power he shows at the home of cricket!

until next time...... keep searching.......vino sipping poster........Prof Merlot

Nice to know you're still alive old chap.

Surely our very own Obama would've had a straw poll before making such a decision re the red & yellow cards?

Sounds like the new Oasis have recruited well and will have underachieved with anything less than a GF berth. Nothing like a bit of pressure to make your season interesting.

Winter cricket is going ok. Boys have had a couple of wins on the trot after a sluggish start to the season. Rained off last weekend and may have to give this weekend a miss due to lack of numbers at the footy club. Might try and do both if time permits. On the topic of winter cricket and Moose, I believe he'll be making his debut with 'our' mob tomorrow. It's become somewhat of a CMCA side. Rumours are Kingston Heath will enter a team in season 2011.

Tips for the round are:
Carlton
Hawthorn
Freo
Collingwood
Adelaide
Geelong
Richmond
St Kilda

Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Anyone catch the 2nd Test that started last night? Is there anything better than watching the ball sing like it did in the first session last night? Quite a refreshing change to watching the bats dominate the game.

Uncle Mick;402768 said:
Nice to know you're still alive old chap.

Surely our very own Obama would've had a straw poll before making such a decision re the red & yellow cards?

Sounds like the new Oasis have recruited well and will have underachieved with anything less than a GF berth. Nothing like a bit of pressure to make your season interesting.

Winter cricket is going ok. Boys have had a couple of wins on the trot after a sluggish start to the season. Rained off last weekend and may have to give this weekend a miss due to lack of numbers at the footy club. Might try and do both if time permits. On the topic of winter cricket and Moose, I believe he'll be making his debut with 'our' mob tomorrow. It's become somewhat of a CMCA side. Rumours are Kingston Heath will enter a team in season 2011.

Tips for the round are:
Carlton
Hawthorn
Freo
Collingwood
Adelaide
Geelong
Richmond
St Kilda

who are you involved with in the winter cricket???.....im a player in it from 1 of the werribee teams as there is not much talk on our wdca site.......would be good to chat about it......with finals comming up and all......we might have to make a myca thread for bigcricket users.......

in fact ive kust started the new thread......

cheers ......

It was also refreshing to see our Aussie Keeper dig in and to it tuff with a value on his wicket unlike the last one.

Anyway just throwing it out there to see who is interested, i am returning back to my current club here in the Uk next season and they have advised me they are after another Australian Ammatuer to join me at the same club for next season.
They have asked me to canvas who i know and who is interested, if anyone is or knows anyone please email me baernst35@hotmail.com thank you

Not sure why I am the only fool still tipping but I know Burger would be disappointed if we don't continue the tipping competition named in his honour.

Saints
Pies
Cats
North
Carlton
Bullies
Swans
Crows

Where are the rest of you and why have we got a new post thing did we run out of room?

By the way Burg's how are the Rockers travelling this year I haven't quite caught up with the resultsthis year?

Merl

Long year for the Rockers, Merl, but they're out there having a crack. Like any club you're always going to struggle when the work is left to too few.
As for the tips, please accept my humble apology. My last 4 weeks have been 8, 7, 5, 5 if you want to use those numbers. Happy to paste the results from the footytips.com.au website for confirmation.

Uncle Mick

As it is only you and me in the Big Mac photo identikit footy tipping no problems in accepting your tips from elsewhere.Being two gentlemen I know we can trust each other.

Haven't had time to update the scoreboard or check tonights game.

Anyway

Saints
pies
hawks
cats
go dees
rich
bullies
freo

Merl

Excellent. My belated tips for this weekend are:

Saints
Pies
Hawks
Cats
Go Dees
Tiges
Dogs
Dockers

Does anyone know what's happening with Hampton United this season? Our Secretary fwded through notes from the CMCA AGM and it appears after the resurfacing the ground will become one cricket oval. I'd imagine that would be a disappointing result for the junior program. It also raises the question on whether this will impact on the already released Woolnough Shield draw.

I also noted with interest there will be 2 x T20 comps played on Wednesday nights. 1 for the top 2 grades and 1 for the remaining grades with both comps having 2 pools. White/yellow balls will be used and coloured shirts are recommended.

While I'm here I might as well get the tips in:
Dons
Hawks
Dockers
Pies
Eagles
Saints
Go Dees
Dogs

Uncle, they are laying a concrete stip at Ludstone st. 20 metres from the turf wicket, this will be for Hampton Utd. No one knows whats going to happen when they want to work on the turf.
This also could impact on Hampton Rovers juniors as United is very soccer backed and they would like this ground for soccer !

They would lose the ground to soccer, don't worry Bayside council is getting alot of pressure from soccer to throw cricket and footy off grounds.

Excuse my ignorance, but I wasn't aware that Hampton Rovers used Sillitoe. I thought they only used Boss James on Bluff Road and Castlefield - which is on Ludstone St a little further down the road.

Back