City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Fair enough. Surely the residing club has preference over the soccer club? Not to mention Castlefield is long overdue for resurfacing too. Still have nightmares about the knee going pop in the middle of that ground.

Uncle

The heads to head continues with many falling by the way side, maybe it was the nappy influence and if I get the scores up we may actually know where we both are!

I asume Barrack has been re elected but does he have any new hench men/women will there be red and yellow cards?,how will the salary cap go with all these new big names and will congress just ignore their own rules yet again re player payments.

Merls tips

Blues
hawks
freo
pies
eagles
saints
go dees
bullies

Training due to start any time soon Uncle or have you been hard at it already.

Will the child resume his iron gloves role or will the youth policy see him line up in Wooly?

It has been a long cold winter for Merl but like the exciting Dees there is light at the end of the tunnel which should re open and see Sugar,Archie,Clocker,Jimmy,Blairy (without the 2 calicos ) emerge and give the napisan kid a run for his money!

Bring on the long hot summer

Merl

Merl i would have thought at 27 i am not over the hill pal and hopefully my good form here in the UK will hold me in good stead for the upcoming season...........what the coaching staff decide for me is and will be in the club's best interest.

And back keeping for the first time in 4 years recently and i can say it is going well, reckon 2 stones lighter has made a massive difference!

Uncle Mick;404772 said:
Fair enough. Surely the residing club has preference over the soccer club? Not to mention Castlefield is long overdue for resurfacing too. Still have nightmares about the knee going pop in the middle of that ground.

UM-Ah the old castlfield days in the clubbys', now that was fun footy..
I think i remember you taping yourself up like Laurie Keane (season) one day there with your bung knee..?

As per normal, i hear the council are doing the 'ground juggle' again, think there maybe a few sunday games with a few grounds out of action..

Whats happening with West bent & Union, have heard some strange rumours there?? Also a club stalwart could be on the move?
Have also had a few whispers that few comebacks to the comp & 1 or 2 from retirement are on the cards?

dont you love the pre-season banter... all the hype, then rock up 1st sat of Oct & nothing has changed!!

brett;404910 said:
Merl i would have thought at 27 i am not over the hill pal and hopefully my good form here in the UK will hold me in good stead for the upcoming season...........what the coaching staff decide for me is and will be in the club's best interest.

And back keeping for the first time in 4 years recently and i can say it is going well, reckon 2 stones lighter has made a massive difference!

27 is when creeks become cracks, tight becomes tears. good to hear your back to reclaim your no.9 keeper ranking. Your excitement over the new recruits i reckon might cause you to panic a little to impress:eek:. My tip is best case scenario is if you do make runs it'll be even slower, but most likely failing while trying to keep up with the new kids in town;)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you obviously played against me when i was young by the sounds of it.............:p

Merlot,

Very excited about the progress of the Dees this year... whether we make finals or not it has been far more anjoyable to go to the footy than over the past 3 years.

As for CMCA, ANA's pre season has started. No big recruits this year, unlike Bentleigh Uniting who would already have to be considered flag favourites.

That's unless those who expected first eleven caps are pushed out and feel disenfranchised and cause rumblings... but surely Uniting's too strong a club for that to happen.

Nice to hear from a few forgotten forumsters not that Merl has been setting the place on fire.

The child could end up in the Pommy ashes team!!!

Tips

pies
carl
freo
cats
port
bris
Hawks
Saints

Merl

Sugar;405302 said:
Merlot,

Very excited about the progress of the Dees this year... whether we make finals or not it has been far more anjoyable to go to the footy than over the past 3 years.

As for CMCA, ANA's pre season has started. No big recruits this year, unlike Bentleigh Uniting who would already have to be considered flag favourites.

That's unless those who expected first eleven caps are pushed out and feel disenfranchised and cause rumblings... but surely Uniting's too strong a club for that to happen.

Start planning for next year Sugar..;)

Settle down, Burgs. You don't really think the old Mustard Pots are going to do any more than make up the numbers, do you?

In regards to the new T20 comp the CMCA is running, does anybody know if a new player to the club can only play in the Twenty20 games.
From the rules set out by the CMCA, players must play at least 2 CMCA games with the club to be eligable.

Maybe Mick or Sugar will know more!!!

Given that clubs have until November to enter a side, I would think that is ample time for anyone to play the 2 games needed to qualify. That said, I'm not aware of any rules and regulations applicable to this new comp. Only that there will be 2 different competitions made up of 2 pools. One comp will consist of teams from the top 2 grades and the other will be made up by the rest.

My info says the comp will start in early October and the final will be played the week before Xmas.

The question for the CMCA is 'Can you have players who only want to play T20 games?' From the rule below, it suggests you can't!

(You must be a registered CMCA player for the current season of involvement. To be eligible to play, each player MUST have played at least 2 CMCA games during the current season or previous season, OR must NOT have played in any other competition, if their last CMCA game was the year before.)

The notes I received from the CMCA AGM state that applications close on 1/11/10. One of us has been misinformed, but that's beside the point.

My guess is that the answer to your question is 'no'. If they make allowances then clubs can be inclined to manipulate the rules. Given there is prize money at stake I think it makes sense that only current players qualify to play in the T20 comp.

I noticed yesterday that the CMCA website has removed the Woolnough draw. Does anyone know why that is and if it's likely that the fixture may change? It would be extremely disappointing from our perspective as we've planned a social event around the fact that we have a home game first up on the resurfaced ground. For those of you who receive the Bayside Leader keep an eye out for an article in this week's local on HWCC.

nothing to do with hampton united staying in woolnough and some other mob pulling out altogether or is that old news?

Brighton District have pulled out which allowed Hampton United to stay up, but you could be onto something. I wonder if it has anything to do wit Hampton United's ground being redone?

As for my comment about the Bayside Leader the article is actually on page 54 of the Glen Eira Leader & Kingston Leader and not in the Bayside Leader.

just to continue the Merlot & Uncle Mick tipping contest

Cats
Saints
Hawks
Pies
Swans
Go Dees
Bombers
North

I hear from the lady on the tram that there is a youngster ahead of the child in the queue who has alledgely pulled on the Big V sweater at junior level.

I hope all the cash hasn't dried up at the lake which has now become the oasis two and it is standing up well to the Melb winter as Blairy continues to wave the two calicos into another Grand Final.

Uncle did see the article on the maybe oasis three down at Peterson street and was lucky enough to set foot on the ground with Fido and there will be no excuses for poor fielding on the lawn bowls type arena,.

Thought I might have seen the fiscal one and his pooch but he was probably down at the old stamping ground at Le Page!!!

I can just sense the winter hibernation bears are awaking from their slumber just like the Go Dees are and the forum will spring into life with many of the old and a few of these newbies putting in their two bobs worth.

If customs do their job the child could be left on the boat with a few of those recruits Archie was trying to get into the country last season.

Old Merl's looking forward to the sun shining and the 4 piecer hitting the willow

bring it on

nice to have you back burgs not that you will reply to me!!!!!!

until next time........ keep searching.........vino sipping poster..... Prof Merlot

Hi Mate,
Do you hire overseas players for this season?
If so please let meknow.
AJ from Sri Lanka.

How is everyone's pre seasons kicked off so far, good numbers with a positive outlook???

Has any club's got any practice matches installed for the upcoming season if so were and when???

Back