CMCA - City of Moorabbin

Damien Krotofil

CMCA - City of Moorabbin

Anyone out there got any news on new recruits and departures? Brighton Union have tried hard recruiting for their big year, but not sure if they've picked anyone up? Heard West Bentleigh have picked up D.Frew.

Re: CMCA - City of Moorabbin

Heard ANA snared youngster A & J West!! Ommies lose the 'spritual captain' Ivan Delac....Also they had better get onto getting Chris Clement signiture as West Bent is pulling the old moves to win Christopher.

East Sandy have lost Cheeks, Martin, Corp and Deverau too. Looks like the wheels might have fallen off for them.
Where's Delac gone? Had a sulk because Tom is captain again?
Is Clement worth keeping?

clement is a young left hand bowler who has the backing of his peers at his club. once he finds his rythem back he wilbe like he was 2 years ago. news coming from west bentleigh is that he was going but has changed his mind and will be at the ommies! bad luck west

Delac is off to brighton Union DK, Hopefully clement improves on last season that was disrupted by a hand injury. Word around the traps that Kade murphy from the Washups has left the club with a likely place in ANA's one day team. Yes it seems East.Sandy are imploding at the moment. Howd my mate Cloughy pull up after footy trip DK??

ANA love to poach. Still own't win a flag. No ticker.
No word on Flavey to replace Cheeks at East Sandy? Heard a fair bit on that. Sounded like he might actually leave Highett West. Thought he'd stay in WoolNuff Shield though.

If Matt Tonkin and Joel Liddle front up at Edi Asp then they must be flag favourites...

Edi Asp 8/300 Day 1. Its gonna be a long season for the rest of you...

TAB Just gave me $4.50 for the flag. Its payday boys!

Perty4;183313 said:
Edi Asp 8/300 Day 1. Its gonna be a long season for the rest of you...

TAB Just gave me $4.50 for the flag. Its payday boys!

We're not particularly interested in a side that lasted 2-3 years in Longmuir. And they made 300 against an ordinary attack. Wouldn't be surprised if they got rolled defending.

Damien Krotofil;183486 said:
We're not particularly interested in a side that lasted 2-3 years in Longmuir. And they made 300 against an ordinary attack. Wouldn't be surprised if they got rolled defending.

Well they didn't get rolled. Edi Asp off to a great start and will be very hard to beat this year.

I'm with you Perty - Keep the woolnough scores coming and wrestle this forum from the longy snobs.

Hardly snobs. Fact is, they couldn't cut it in the top flight. Good luck to them. Woolnough is pretty weak from we're being told.

Union's 100th anniversary celebrations got off to a slow start. Wash Ups chasing down 290 is an ominous start to the season. Have the cattle, but didn't produce last year. West Bentleigh could be 0 - 3 in a month's time. Big start to the year for them.

Longy ain't so strong either. Only 1 umpire - what does that say!

WB will be up there again at the business end.

It says the administration needs to be more proactive in attracting umpires. Far be it an Edi/Asp player or supporter talk themselves up after being the most pathetic side to play in Longmuir in the past 5-10 years. They weren't even competitive last year.

By WB, do we assume West Bentleigh? They've got no substance in their batting or bowling without Stacey. They'll struggle to be as competitive. Wash Ups look the danger side, but we'll know more about them if they can chase East Sandy's 290+. They obviously have a weak bowling side having to chase 2 big scores in a row.

Uniting & ANA will be the top contenders along with The Machine.

Not much changes. I've been around long enough to know how most sides go. I think that Elwood won't give much trouble this year. One bat and a couple of youngsters aren't a serious threat to top sides. Similar could be said about Carnegie South. Along with the whipping boys from Edi/Asp they weren't very competitive last year. Centrals will cause a couple of upsets, but won't win more than 5 games. East Sandy are on the slide and will miss the finals for the forst time in a long while. Omega, like East Sandy and Centrals won't do too much more than cause some headaches without threatening. Can't see them putting up too much with Moose taking off. Union might go alright. 2 big hits in the 1st 2 games. WB will struggle without Stacey. Spoke to Flavy and he reckons Le Page can't bowl a side out in Longy. Might cause an upset if all their bats get going, but Carnegie are the only side he thinks they might beat from what hes seen. Uniting will be the front runners and I think we won't be far off them with ANA. Wash Ups could be the smoky of the season. Recruited a bit in the past 2 years but we're yet to see how good they are.

Still think your underestimating Edi Asp there....they have recruited well, have a new skipper and will make big scores all year.

Other than Edi-Asp - Who are the other Woolnough flag chances this year to join DK's super longmuir league?

Back