Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Hearing Glen Eira Council will be having Curators at Moorabbin,Bentleigh,Ormond,Caulfield and McKinnon with the rest to be done by a contractor company called Grassed up or put back on the clubs but Glen Eira are about to place an add for 2 new positions for its sports field’s department so things could change but I doubt it considering it’s almost the end of July .

Hearing Wickets in Glen Eira won’t get started on to the 2nd and 3rd week of September due to Football with Junior finals played on some grounds an senior football training.
Which means Turf won’t start on time as usual as curators will need at least 3 weeks to get them ready.

Iv been told renovations on the wickets in Glen Eira won’t be starting to mid September which for all CSB and Sun District clubs within Glen Eira will put Round 1 out of action as wickets won’t have time to be prepared.

Iv been told renovations on the wickets in Glen Eira won’t be starting to mid September which for all CSB and Sun District clubs within Glen Eira will put Round 1 out of action as wickets won’t have time to be prepared.
At least that bitch that was running it has gone , she had NFI , now at Port Phillip with her mates

Hearing Glen Eira Council will be having Curators at Moorabbin,Bentleigh,Ormond,Caulfield and McKinnon with the rest to be done by a contractor company called Grassed up or put back on the clubs but Glen Eira are about to place an add for 2 new positions for its sports field’s department so things could change but I doubt it considering it’s almost the end of July .
Grass up not doing it

Was out an about driving by McKinnon today and saw the 2nd covers put down by McKinnon CC had blown off the wicket table on its main ground due to the high winds and with that I spoke to the council curator and said to him you think the clubs would do a better job with its covers and his response was it’s up to the clubs what covers they should use but in saying that the wicket was rock hard and if by some miracle they get on tomorrow it’s a 300+ run wicket.
Mind you it’s 2nd ground only had a small 2 wicket cover on it and was surprised that hadn’t had blown off with the high winds.

Was out an about driving by McKinnon today and saw the 2nd covers put down by McKinnon CC had blown off the wicket table on its main ground due to the high winds and with that I spoke to the council curator and said to him you think the clubs would do a better job with its covers and his response was it’s up to the clubs what covers they should use but in saying that the wicket was rock hard and if by some miracle they get on tomorrow it’s a 300+ run wicket.
Mind you it’s 2nd ground only had a small 2 wicket cover on it and was surprised that hadn’t had blown off with the high winds.
The putting down and pulling up is pathetic by some clubs

Yes and with that a certain CSB club putting down 4 wicket cover on a 6 wicket square and ringing the opposition club to them this there wicket is wet where it’s not covered and then on match day putting hessian on a part of the wicket that was used a round before that so they could play a game and the frightening thing is the umpires agreed for the game to start.
All I know that council is awhere of this situation and could be issue for this club if that council finds out they have done it again.

Yes and with that a certain CSB club putting down 4 wicket cover on a 6 wicket square and ringing the opposition club to them this there wicket is wet where it’s not covered and then on match day putting hessian on a part of the wicket that was used a round before that so they could play a game and the frightening thing is the umpires agreed for the game to start.
All I know that council is awhere of this situation and could be issue for this club if that council finds out they have done it again.
From what i know of that is that the area was already wet so covers couldn't go on . GE council only have 2 qualified curators left ! pulling workers off gardening crews that have never made a wicket . Good on the club for alerting the oppo . Wet spots are allowed to be covered with what ever to allow play to take place if you knew anything about the rules . It's not condoned by council the same as wood chips that were put on by an MCA imbecile

Is the club starting with an M and ending in cKinnon?

I’m hearing the curator that McKinnon has been off with an injury for the last month is this the reason why the wicket was poor last week as the wicket has been quite good down there normally but in saying that you think any curator that goes down with an injury or illness would be replaced by someone who is experienced and not someone who has no experience with Turf.
But in say that hopefully the person that is doing the wicket at McKinnon can re deem themselves with a better job this week.

Back