Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Can confirm that a dog ran across the wicket one night after it was flooded dried with big paw prints in it they tried to soft roll it to get a game up and the pitch was still wet/soft
Thanks both - that makes sense, and I now understand a cryptic comment I overhead on the weekend - the curator started making a wicket, but then had to start again. Perhaps we need to put out metre high flexible fencing rather than ropes?

Dogs are an issue at every ground, most turf grounds in bayside are ’on leash’ areas but residents disobey the signs and think they have a right to do what ever they like because they pay their rates etc
i have noticed at dog Sh!t Park (Dendy pk) they have a system that looks like a tennis net around all the squares, would like to know more about this and maybe all clubs should invest in something like this.

Dogs are an issue at every ground, most turf grounds in bayside are ’on leash’ areas but residents disobey the signs and think they have a right to do what ever they like because they pay their rates etc
i have noticed at dog Sh!t Park (Dendy pk) they have a system that looks like a tennis net around all the squares, would like to know more about this and maybe all clubs should invest in something like this.
Unfortunately , i have seen that tried and have seen people put their dogs over the fence around the square and let them run around free. They thought that was what it was for.lol
It is a problem at nearly evry ground. Some dog owners are great, but others dont seem to care and ignore signs and ropes.

Yeah at Dendy we have put that in place this season. Brighton CC use the Cummins Rd wicket and they have tennis netting the whole way around. I think it works OK. We (Brighton District) have star pickets with 10m plastic netting from Bunnings tied by cable ties in panels of 20m. Means we can take off and put on again relatively easily. It's not perfect but probably stops 90% of dogs that did get on previously. Cost about $350 a wicket.

Yeah at Dendy we have put that in place this season. Brighton CC use the Cummins Rd wicket and they have tennis netting the whole way around. I think it works OK. We (Brighton District) have star pickets with 10m plastic netting from Bunnings tied by cable ties in panels of 20m. Means we can take off and put on again relatively easily. It's not perfect but probably stops 90% of dogs that did get on previously. Cost about $350 a wicket.
The fact is that you shouldn't have to do it , dog owners are the most selfish pricks .

Interesting comings and goings with Overseas players, Bonbeach look to have brought two in but have lost Williamson and Dulaj hasnt played for a few months
Bentleigh seem to have lost a couple too

Any truth to the rumour Heatherton CCand Monash University CC are going to merge at seasons end and move to the MCA as Heatherton are struggling to get 1 full team atm in the CSB and Monash University have I think 5 in the MCA.
Would the old guard at Heatherton be happy with this?

Well looks Mordialloc is going to get relegated from CSB in its 1st year in the Championship.
I hope this warning any new clubs that come in from the DDCA or the MCA the CSB is a very high standard of cricket and hopefully the board of the CSB put new teams in the right grades like Divisions 1,2 and 3 not championship

Well looks Mordialloc is going to get relegated from CSB in its 1st year in the Championship.
I hope this warning any new clubs that come in from the DDCA or the MCA the CSB is a very high standard of cricket and hopefully the board of the CSB put new teams in the right grades like Divisions 1,2 and 3 not championship

it was such a close season that anyone from 5-8th could have been relegated in the last round. If mordy won bentleigh would have been relegated.

it was such a close season that anyone from 5-8th could have been relegated in the last round. If mordy won bentleigh would have been relegated.
Well it will be interesting to see if Mordialloc can recover next season and win a Division 1 flag or will there struggle and be Division 1 club for a few years.

With the government bringing new corona rules in last night I believe there will b no football of any form which could also mean no cricket of any form either for next season.
I just hope cricket clubs can hold it together in these times and not fold or torched into a merger.

With the government bringing new corona rules in last night I believe there will b no football of any form which could also mean no cricket of any form either for next season.
I just hope cricket clubs can hold it together in these times and not fold or torched into a merger.
Might give your old pitch time to come good.

As long as it means no ground rental / pavilion rental from Council
What are the ongoing costs that will strip out bank balances?
Some big players rely on their $$ as an income though

Working on the proviso next season is not directly affected, some areas that could be critical are;

1. Local business support- many of our local sponsors will be hurting through this.
2. Airfares??? O/S players may have substantial flight cost increased.
3. Paid players, will be a few clubs looking at restructuring payments perhaps to incentives ahead of retainers.
4. Council pavilion and ground costs - I believe early indications in Kingston at least are that relief will be provided.
5. CSB affiliation fees - they made noises about having a balance to cover extraordinary events- this seems to be extraordinary.

Any others North?

Well that will upset a few people especially Mr Anderson.
Maybe CSB need to hold tight cut back no 20/20 competition on a Tuesday night and maybe no new clubs joining the CSB unless current clubs fall over ,take a year recess ,merge or move to another association EG:ECA,MCA to cut there own cost

Well that will upset a few people especially Mr Anderson.
Maybe CSB need to hold tight cut back no 20/20 competition on a Tuesday night and maybe no new clubs joining the CSB unless current clubs fall over ,take a year recess ,merge or move to another association EG:ECA,MCA to cut there own cost
What did Mr Anderson do to you ! he is one of the most hard working and decent person I've met in cricket.

Back