Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

Re: Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

Got a game of cricket to play on Saturday and just had a couple of weeks.

Nightcliff nets have been improved on but were out of action for batting/bowling on Tuesday so tonight is the only chance to get a hit/bowl in before Saturday.

I've sent my appologies.

Round 14 - Saturday 28th August & Saturday 4th September
Darwin v BYE
1.03 PINT v 15.00 Waratah - Marrara
1.80 Palmerston v 2.20 Nightcliff - Woodroffe Oval
10.00 Southern Districts v 1.05 Tracy Village - Fred's Pass

PINT's batting should destroy Waratah and Lavers is more than likely to crack the 1000 run barrier. Only chance of an upset happening is by Gardiner knocking up a double ton.

Palmerston have got themselves back into the winners list and need a victory to confirm their spot in the finals. Nightcliff are on the back foot with several players missing, a win here for them should give them confidence to be contenders.

This match should be a formality but Districts still have the attack to knock through the top order but lack the killer instinct which has seen them let teams off the hook all season. Village batting will be too strong, anything over 200+ will be too much for the Crocs.

msbotswana;406548 said:
I think most of the world would love to see nightcliff and tracey get knocked in the semi. especially tracey.

no one likes tracy except tracy.......com'on!

everyone wants to knock out the top guys off, its in their nature to.

But i do recall tracy getting knocked out in both A's & B's in the first week last year.....:eek:

Just proofs that finals are very different game, one false move, you're Goooone...

I guess selections will be very interesting at tigerland tonight........

Com'on LAVERS!!!!! 1000 runs, 1000 runs, 1000 runs.

Guido;406708 said:
By my understanding you seem to have some decent inside info. Are you a Nightcliff player in disguise?

You'd better hope not or the disharmony and leaks in the NCC ship might be worse than we already knew!

No, this is not Wikileak, and I am not a Tiger in Darth clothing. Loyal Villager with contacts, but I thought everyone knew about the departures at Tigerland?

OhMyGodTheChips;406711 said:
Is everyone going to the reception at parliment house tonight?

Nope. Gee, I wonder where everyone was between 5-7.30pm last night...

Incredibly poor timing with finals looming.

Darth Vadar;406837 said:
You'd better hope not or the disharmony and leaks in the NCC ship might be worse than we already knew!

No, this is not Wikileak, and I am not a Tiger in Darth clothing. Loyal Villager with contacts, but I thought everyone knew about the departures at Tigerland?

It's not as if information like this changes anything and from the inside I can't say their is an undercurrent of disharmony at NCC. Certinly the departures of Kuru and Bracewell would have been well known as well as Devine (with the plague lol) and no reasons to look at disharmony but the last issue?

I'm not necessarily the 1st person to know but would have thought this matter would have been kept in house till Saturday.

Personally I think its more a question of the character of the individual than where the club is at.

Devine went back to hospital last night by the way.

Guido;406879 said:
Devine went back to hospital last night by the way.

What is wrong with him?

Just looking at the BOM radar map & it looks very wet out at Palmerston & Freds pass way! Could spice things up a touch for tomorrow!!!!

He is basically a haemophiliac at the moment.

Discovered severe bruising one night after just sitting on the couch.

I think it has something to do with white blood cells? Should be between 100-300 and yesterday was counted at 10. If he got hit by a ball he could internally bleed to death!

Guido;406910 said:
He is basically a haemophiliac at the moment.

Discovered severe bruising one night after just sitting on the couch.

I think it has something to do with white blood cells? Should be between 100-300 and yesterday was counted at 10. If he got hit by a ball he could internally bleed to death!

Holy sh!t..... No good at all.....

Darth Vadar;406838 said:
Nope. Gee, I wonder where everyone was between 5-7.30pm last night...

Incredibly poor timing with finals looming.

well not the best timing of cause but there is other clubs beside TRACY!!!!

probably tooooo good for training too!!!

I think state cricket & the fans of cricket will prefer watching exciting Twenty20 BIG BASH cricket.

Some Random;406920 said:

I think state cricket & the fans of cricket will prefer watching exciting Twenty20 BIG BASH cricket.

I'm sure other dedicated players/officials at other clubs would have chosen training last night too. Nothing wrong with that almost on the eve of the finals and I'm surprised that raises any eyebrows...

You need to learn to spell Mr. Random, and support local cricket. The T20 is great for Darwin, but you'd be mad to miss some of the games in the DDCC tomorrow. The make-up of the Premier Grade final four will go down to the wire.

Seriously sorry to hear about Devine too. Nobody wishes illness or injury on anybody - even NC players!

Some Random;406920 said:

You really seem to have Tracy Village on your mind a lot Random, (which is what we like to see!).

Are you brave enough to declare which club you hail from? Perhaps you should come across to the Death Star next year and satisfy that burning envy.;)

Darth Vadar;406924 said:
I'm sure other dedicated players/officials at other clubs would have chosen training last night too. Nothing wrong with that almost on the eve of the finals and I'm surprised that raises any eyebrows...

With that sort of attitude, it's no wonder we struggle to get first class cricket up here.

OhMyGodTheChips;406949 said:
With that sort of attitude, it's no wonder we struggle to get first class cricket up here.

Goodness my friend, are you feeling the pressure of not controlling your destiny this round?

If you had thought about it a bit longer you might realise that we do more to get first class cricket up here than most clubs, (see recent Feast). We always have historically - and will continue to promote Darwin as a venue for first class matches and training. We even offered our turf training facilities to the visiting state teams here this weekend and of course New Zealand, Maharashtra, SA and Tasmania recently. You're usually much smarter than that...

I'm not going to apologise for putting my club ahead of a "welcome reception" for a pre-season practice tournament at this time of year. I hope you had a good time and a few free drinks on Paul and I'm sure I'll see you at the matches at TIO on Sunday. I'll be there supporting the cricket - I trust you will be too.

One could say however, that you are only supporting your interests and not that of the wider cricket community. It's a cheap shot to suggest it's poor timing bringing quality cricket to the NT and having a welcoming evening at parliment house. It isn't finals, you've got arguably the second easiest fixture of the season this weekend, so just say you can't attend instead of trying to lay blame on another party.

OhMyGodTheChips;406969 said:
One could say however, that you are only supporting your interests and not that of the wider cricket community. It's a cheap shot to suggest it's poor timing bringing quality cricket to the NT and having a welcoming evening at parliment house. It isn't finals, you've got arguably the second easiest fixture of the season this weekend, so just say you can't attend instead of trying to lay blame on another party.

OK, I couldn't attend. I would loved to have attended and shown my support, but I had other duties that night. I will show my personal support by attending the matches this weekend at TIO, and I hope the wider cricket fraternity do too.

First class teams will not come to Darwin for any reason unless the facilities are here, and we are doing our best at the Village to encourage them to come - and for the good of the wider cricket community, (eg offering the training wickets to the teams currently here. There's nothing in it for us directly other than the teams leaving Darwin hopefully impressed by what Darwin has to offer).

From what I have seen at meetings, all club Presidents share our desire to also get Darwin established and growing on the first class map, and most if not all recently demonstrated this committment prior to the Feast. Perhaps you shouldn't mistake one raincheck on a free drink for committment to 1st class cricket in Darwin.

By the way, this round will almost certainly decide the Club Championship so the training night was perhaps a bit more important for us than you suggest.

Best of luck to all combatants this weekend and may the best team/s qualify!

You, not me, blamed NT Cricket for hosting the event on the wrong night, when other factors like the NT Government (who are the major stake holders) or that the teams aren't even here a week or that they had to negotiate with AFLNT hold influence. How is that me being mistaken? It's nit picking crap like this that is so prevalent and does nothing for the competition or the governing body.

A passing shower Friday afternoon looks to have spiced up the decks. Waratah were all out for 127 and then had PINT 7 for 47 before they recovered to move past the total and claim first innings points. Palmerston were literally 4 for none against Nightcliff, Michael Cranmer claiming a hat-trick. Palmerston struggled to 162 all out. TV rolled Districts for 81 and last score heard was they were 3 for 51 in reply.

Back