Darwin & District Cricket - 2014

Thought I'd get the thread for 2014 season going. I'm going to have very little involvement with cricket this season besides work, so good luck.

Waratahs will have a very set up to last year (full of imports).

Steve Taylor will be back to captain the side, with Kasteni, now a local, being vice captain. Still up in air whether Gardiner will be available on the same FIFO basis that he had in 2013.

Haven't been approached by TV, they've got Webster and Richie doing their gig, Lever is taking preseason. After doing a solid job last year as a head coach I am looking to remain in that same role but have not received an offer, so if nothing is on the table I won't be involved.

Have also heard that Greg Clarence GF/Fiance has moved back to SA, however I'm unsure of what Clarence will be doing for the Darwin Season. Be a huge loss for Pints if he is unable to play on a consistent basis.

anyone know the early odds for a grade or is it all depending where chips goes to f@$%k everything up?

At the current moment in time Pints are favorites, with Darwin a close 2nd with the good local talent they have at there disposal. Waratah and Nightcliff will strengthen up in the coming months, which might sway the flow of the season. Haven't heard alot from the Southern Districts or Palmerston. Tracy Village are trying to start a big rebuild process.

here we go again! pint always get away with TV and Tahs copping all the imports only stuff pints will now have more then them lets all hope they finish on top and choke like tahs did last year now that would be a great sight to see! NT strike and imports (PINTS) undefeated all year and lose!

PINTS imports central
Tahs imports central
Darwin few imports with chips
Nightcliff pay big bucks for imports that stink
SD Do they have an senior players
Palmo Poor home ground hate to play on it every 2nd game
TV Prob buy half on NZ again to be up there!

1st and 2nds are always played on turf, 3rds vary, majority of 4th & 5ths are played on turf on Sunday.

Palmerston have Lake as coach, getting Michael Bailey from Gosnells WA.
Nightcliff have Udara as captain/coach with some fair chat happening about the club after the committee decided against a deal that would have seen several players join for the same price to keep Udara. They maybe losing a couple of veterans as a result.
Tracy Village will be similar to last year.
PINT have Herrick in, Bell maybe going to UK for a season, Francis back and they may also have Schmulian in for Dilley. Logan is going to uni in SA. Phil Lovell is coach.
Darwin have Doolan back, a 1st/2nd grader from Vic likely to be similar in ability to Chalkley, Jack Benbow from Frankston VIC and apparently Doolan is bringing some blokes with him from NSW.
Southern Districts have Drennan back in as captain coach capacity, not sure about what other blokes they have.
Waratah may have virtually the same team as last year, with Mire and Taylor being the back bone, the door is open for Triffit but will need to fill the spin holes of Schmulian and Madura.

I have heard a whisper that a left arm quick from nsw, Daniel McLaughlin, is coming to Darwin. Anyone heard anything about this? Perhaps one of the blokes Doolan is bringing with him?

I have heard a whisper that a left arm quick from nsw, Daniel McLaughlin, is coming to Darwin. Anyone heard anything about this? Perhaps one of the blokes Doolan is bringing with him?

Would be a good pick-up if true, bowls absolute rapid when he cranks it up.

Back