Diet

dude123

Diet

hey guys,

i was wondering what Australian cricketers eat, for breakfast,lunch,dinner? Are they on diet? what do they eat when they are not trainning or playing matches. I also would like to follow those steps. Im 21yrs old. Could you guys please help me out on this. Like break it down for me, the food they eat and what time(breakfast,lunch,dinner) and give me the diet plan etc. thanks

Re: Diet

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This may help to answer your question to some extent:

What do Australian cricketers eat for:

breakfast? For breakfast, players generally have a combination of cereal, toast, fruit, baked beans, eggs and pancakes.

before play? Fresh fruit and sandwiches are available in the rooms for players.

at the lunch break? At lunch, players usually eat a main meal such as a pasta dish, curry, rice with meat and stir-fry vegetables, fish and potatoes, soup and bread rolls. Each player needs to meet their individual needs and, depending on whether they are about to bat or bowl, they will often vary the amount they eat (i.e. if a player is going to bowl fast after lunch, he or she may tend to eat less).

at the tea break? Players prefer fresh fruit, sandwiches and possibly some low-fat variety muffins.

after the game? Players usually eat a meal similar to the lunch break.

More information can be found at Ashes Nutrition - CricKids Ashes Challenge - Cricket Australia

Outside of games they will probably stick to a similar sort of diet, although it will be tailored to the individual.

More information can be found at PitchVision - http://www.pitchvision.com/the-complete-guide-to-cricket-nutrition/

hey, thanks for the info mas cambios.
I have one more question though. Do you know what cricketers eat for dinner? I follow a meal like this: 2 boiled carrots, bit of rice, boiled potato, a sausage. Please help would be appreciated.

I'd tweak that a bit, I'd only have one carrot, and have a different vegetable with that, probably something like green beans or peas. Also, instead of the sausage, I'd have a leaner meat, something like chicken, or possibly Salmon, because of the higher protein content, and lower saturated fat content. Otherwise, that's a fairly good standard meal.

dude123;386640 said:
...and give me the diet plan etc.

I am afraid this is impossible with the information you have given us. If you would like a diet plan, you need to see a dietician. As far as I am aware, there are no members qualified to do this for you at the moment.

If it is just guidance you want, we really do need to know a lot more. For instance:

Your activity levels; what you do with regards to the FITT protocols.
Any special needs; diabetes, cholesterol, alergies etc.
Your height.
Your weight.
Your goals.
Where in the World you are; with respect to seasons.
... and many, many more.

However, there are a lot of great threads on this forum that covers so much about nutrition [rather than diet]. If you have not yet read them, you may find it helpful to do so.

hey liz wizard,

here are my information

1.weight - 145
2.height - 5'8"
3.goals - to get a lean body which would help me alot in cricket (im not that fat thought..lol)
4.activities - running (3-4days), workout (4 days a week)- strength training etc.
5. heres the diet that im following -
breakfast - egg, cereal or oats
snack (fruit)
lunch - sandwich( wheat bread, lean chicken), mixed salad, fruit
snack(fruit)
evening meal - brown rice, lean chicken, boiled vegetables,
snack - fruit, nuts
Also, i do drink a protein shake right after i workout.

Are you a spinner?

As far as I can see, you're a very nice shape the way you are, however, I do appreciate how young guys always wish to have a better definition and, perhaps, a six pack.

Your diet looks good to me as it is although perhaps you could include a little more in the way of veggies and there does not appear to be enough fat, although nuts do go a way to getting there.

I assume this is just an example of your daily food diary and you also include other types of protein, including fish. Try to include seeds as well. Sausages are OK in moderation but I also assume you do not eat too many during the month. Although you mention the types of food you eat you do not mention quantity, which is very important.

I need to know what spreads and dressings you use with the bread and salad and I also need to know what you are drinking. The protein shakes after workouts are great but what about the rest of the time, how much water, green tea etc and what else do you drink?

The running also interests me. What other sports do you play?

Are you a spinner?

As far as I can see, you're a good shape as you are but I quite understand that young guys want to have a better definition and, possibly, a six pack.

Your food intake looks good to me, however, you could include some more veggies and there does not appear to be enough fat, although the nuts go a little way in this direction. Do include seeds too.

I assume this is just an example of your daily food diary and you also include other forms of protein; fish, beans etc. Sausages are OK once in a while but I suspect you do not eat them often. You mention the types of food but do not mention the quantities, which is very important.

What spreads do you use on your bread and what dressings do you have with your salads.

The protein shakes after workouts are good but what other drinks do you have; how much water, green tea etc and what else do you drink?

The running interests me too. What other sports are you involved with?

quantities -

1 carrot, cabbage leaves(abt 3-4leaves), 4 slices of beetroot,2 or 3 cauliflower, 4 or 5 broccoli.

well, i dont use that much spreadings. I use butter only for the sandwich. And ranch with mixed salad. I drink about 4-5 glasses of water. Also, i eat a small handful of mixed nuts. Other than cricket, i play basketball. Btw, im not a spinner, im a bastman.

Nice to know Dave has followers in the batting line up as well as in the mysterious arts :)

All the veggies are great but that amount needs to be eaten about twice a day at least.

Small amounts of butter I am a fan of but I do not know what 'ranch' is so cannot comment on that. What are the ingredients?

The amount you drink is a little concerning although I do not know how large your glasses are. If you do not drink anything else, this really does need increasing.

You did not mention basketball under activities. How often do you play/train for this and at what level. Interestingly, you didn't mention cricket either ;).

I suspect you are not eating enough at snack times, although fruit could mean anything from one small piece to a serving bowl full!.

Back