Drop Johnson/Bowling coach/Pace bowlers

Re: Drop Johnson/Bowling coach/Pace bowlers

Thumbs up;360467 said:
Didn't Hussey make 200-odd against the Aussies in a tour game?

cant remember, but wouldnt be surprised.

hussey was kinda in the hodge area of uncertainty at the time to my memory. scoring runs continuously but nowhere really to put him.

gbatman;356965 said:
Mitchell Johnson shouldn't be playing in England. It's embarrasing to have a test bowler, an opening bowler, who can't get the seam up. Sure the off cutter is ok as a standard delivery if you are a part time medium pace bowler... He's not good enough and should be replaced by Doug Bollinger immediatly until he gets it right.
What's the go with his low arm action? Who's coaching him!!!

Peter Siddle ok I have a man crush on Siddle. Finally someone with pace and aggression! Hellajula!!! An inswinger, great seam, variation and aggression. Give him the new ball Punter! Why waste a new sharp seam on Johnson's crap off cutters!

Ben Hilfenhaus has achieved perfection for an out swinger. Just needs brains! Bowl a straight one more, you have already got some wickets with it in England! Don't get obsessed with the swing. Use variation to fool the batsmen. Well bowled Ben, but you can be better.

Doug Bollinger is tall, accurate, gets bounce, Pace, gets swing and seam and has a fantastic state record adn is going well for Australia A. Get him over to England right away to replace Johnson. Lets get a left armer who swings it and seams it.

We lost a test series in England in 2005 and blamed the loss on reverse swing when England cheated with mints and we lost because we playd out of form Gillespie, Katich, Tait and Martyn while refusing to play McGill while McGrath was injured and Warne was tearing it up. Yep, reverse swing won England the series :rolleyes:...
So we poach their bowling coach... Honestly our bowlers have become worse!
Lets get either Dennis Lillie or Glenn McGrath or anyone else because our bowlers bowl without variation, skill, brains or in Johnson's case, the ability to bowl his stock ball well. Our bowlers aren't being taught how to bowl properly. Our Bowling coach isn't worth a piece of off cheese on a cracker. He's teaching our bowlers nothing. We picked him because he coached a team that won a series by cheating, that got lucky and that played an opposition that got selection massively wrong.

I'm annoyed that Johnson lacks basic skills and that most of our bowlers are 1 trick wonders.

If you think you can be a better bowling coach, then do it yourself. Also, Johnson has been out best bowler for the last 18 months. Look at McGrath, he didn't hoop it around an awful lot, but he still ended up with 500+ test wickets. Keep your hat on and untwist your undies son

Wasnt Rogers the one who made 200 against us in a tour game in 2005.

Only feels like yesterday that series, I still remember it clearly, even stuff like what I was doing the day waiting for the game to come on at night.

Time flys so fast.

Back