dumbass grip question

dumbass grip question

does anyone know the best way to stop the grip from riding up the handle?

i have to regrip my bat about once a month with the cone because i pull it out of the bag and the grip is 1/4 of the way up the handle. i double grip my bat and tape it to the splice but the grip just pulls the tape away.

and it's not caused by use either, have hardly played any long innings this year.

Re: dumbass grip question

Try grip glue, you can buy it from any good cricket shop. Does work and its easy to take the grip off when you need to replace it. Good luck.

The Wizz;337921 said:
Try grip glue, you can buy it from any good cricket shop. Does work and its easy to take the grip off when you need to replace it. Good luck.

thanks, but i've never seen it in shops like greg chappell. is it available in australia?

DizzyGillepsie;338003 said:
thanks, but i've never seen it in shops like greg chappell. is it available in australia?

Not to sure at Greg Chappel, but if you give Loe Russell a call he will be able to help you I know he use to sell it. He is in Gilbert rd Preston in Melbourne not sure of the number but I know his shop is still there. Cheers.

Loe Russell Sports
Gilbert Rd Preston Vic.

Ask for Peter.

Use electrical tape to tape up the base of the grip - go round twice and take it slow in order to do a tidy job. Failing that a bit of pva glue under the grip will help.

It may well be that your grip is old, so has lot some of it's elasticity, in this case replace the grip with a new one. In any case, it sounds like the grip was cut a little short when put on the bat, so it may well be an idea to get a new one put on.

Back