DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Big rumour doing the rounds today boys!

Paul Baker fell awkwardly at his first pre-eason hit out and has done some big damage to his shoulder. Possible reco needed.

Can anyone from the club confirm this??

Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

English pro cricketer looking for a club this summer in Australia.
Has 1700 runs @ 81 & 37 wickets @ 12 in 3 years in the DDCA
England u/19 Representative currently with a County contract playing 1stx1 cricket untill inj this year.
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

Great pick up for anyone on the verge of finals or just off the mark to winning that elusive premiership.
Contact Brett baernst35@hotmail.com

captain cuzz;358689 said:
Big rumour doing the rounds today boys!

Paul Baker fell awkwardly at his first pre-eason hit out and has done some big damage to his shoulder. Possible reco needed.

Can anyone from the club confirm this??
Will take more then that to stop him,I feel sorry for the clubs insurance company.
We do know how he loves to milk things.

fixtures are out! fancy playing barclay shield on the sunday of cup weekend! what a joke! does the DVCA think at all??

six4out;359885 said:
fixtures are out! fancy playing barclay shield on the sunday of cup weekend! what a joke! does the DVCA think at all??

have you ever thought they did this to eliminate blokes not playing because of Derby Day!!!!!!!

Some people are so critical of the DVCA, they are damed if they do and damed if they dont.

PremiersAgain;359930 said:
have you ever thought they did this to eliminate blokes not playing because of Derby Day!!!!!!!

Some people are so critical of the DVCA, they are damed if they do and damed if they dont.
Cup weekend come on champ think about it.

Round 1. Saturday 3rd October

Riverside Vs Epping
Plenty Vs Lwr Eltham
Mernda Vs Bundoora
Macleod Vs Eltham
Research Vs Nth Eltham
D Creek Vs Lalor Stars

Master Blaster;359951 said:

Riverside Vs Epping
Plenty Vs Lwr Eltham
Mernda Vs Bundoora
Macleod Vs Eltham
Research Vs Nth Eltham
D Creek Vs Lalor Stars

Some ripper games in there especially the Plenty v Lwr Eltham game.
All home teams will be hard to beat I would think

PremiersAgain;359930 said:

yes i did think of this and then commented about what i thought- they couldve picked any other weekend! this now eliminates people going away on the saturday night!

im not being critical, they do a great job, and i understand that everyone has to play on a sunday, but in my opinion i think this will just get more ppl shitty...for some of us working people it is the first long weekend we get since queens bday and if we have to play it shouldnt be the sunday!

Master Blaster;359951 said:

Riverside Vs Epping
Plenty Vs Lwr Eltham
Mernda Vs Bundoora
Macleod Vs Eltham
Research Vs Nth Eltham
D Creek Vs Lalor Stars
1 or 2 day game?

THE ICEMAN;359978 said:
1 or 2 day game?

Rounds 1 & 2 are one day games 3rd & 10th October same as last year. Round 4 is interesting two day game Sunday 1st Nov & Sunday 8th November good for the punters wanting to go to Flemington on Derby Day and Stakes Day:)

Master Blaster;360010 said:
Rounds 1 & 2 are one day games 3rd & 10th October same as last year. Round 4 is interesting two day game Sunday 1st Nov & Sunday 8th November good for the punters wanting to go to Flemington on Derby Day and Stakes Day:)

Thank God for that. I'm going to a wedding on Derby Day and half of the Macleod Cricket Club will be there !

Has anyone heard if Minney is playing this year ?

serg fernandez;360027 said:
Thank God for that. I'm going to a wedding on Derby Day and half of the Macleod Cricket Club will be there !

Has anyone heard if Minney is playing this year ?

Lalor Stars will be in trouble. Have you ever seen what they look like on Sundays!

Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

legend of a bear;362504 said:
Flinders training at Bundoora?
Just a rumour...

apparently mont had a coach and flinders was staying as a palyer only untill their coach pulled out.They then bypassed flinders and went on the prowl for somebody else without telling or offering him.so it goes anyway..........

oneoutoneback;362724 said:
apparently mont had a coach and flinders was staying as a palyer only untill their coach pulled out.They then bypassed flinders and went on the prowl for somebody else without telling or offering him.so it goes anyway..........

Obliviously they didn’t want him to coach in the first place, so why would they offer him the job back.
Wouldn’t that be hypocritical and regressive?

one shot;362763 said:
Obliviously they didn’t want him to coach in the first place, so why would they offer him the job back.
Wouldn’t that be hypocritical and regressive?
keeping your players in the loop makes sense to me as he was appointed in the previous two seasons.Hypocritical I think not but were all different hey!.....can't please everyone that's for sure.

cold case;359956 said:
Some ripper games in there especially the Plenty v Lwr Eltham game.
All home teams will be hard to beat I would think

Sweet match up.
Salvatore will be firing.
I think Plenty are the side to beat this year, just got a very strong bowling attack.
But Lower Eltham wont be bad either, very good round 1 match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back