DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

Gradings were meant to be released to the clubs today. Does that mean the fixture will be out as well? Cant find anything on the website...

The Wizz;403126 said:
Any clubs picked up new players?

Any clubs started training yet?

I hear R/Side have started this week (fitness session), tad early for me, but good on em. I know our Club will start early next month (most of em are in Bali bludging...)

bradfromeltham;403315 said:
Gradings were meant to be released to the clubs today. Does that mean the fixture will be out as well? Cant find anything on the website...

Has not been received as if yet (just checked) I doubt we will see anything until after the AGM.

A bigger question has to be asked (and I know it has been mentioned on another thread) What will we do when the AFL GF is, from next year, in the first week of Oct? This has been confirmed and posses a massive fixture issue. I see no other option but a few Sat/Sun games. Not loved but that will be life

The Wizz;403126 said:
Any clubs picked up new players?

Any clubs started training yet?

Daniel walker from the Northcote Cricket Club is playing at Riverside

Riverside have been training for almost a month. Been getting good numbers to the fitness sessions. Bats vs balls from this Sunday.

riversidestrangler;404286 said:
Daniel walker from the Northcote Cricket Club is playing at Riverside

Riverside have been training for almost a month. Been getting good numbers to the fitness sessions. Bats vs balls from this Sunday.

Is it just me or does anyone else see the ironic side of a bloke from Riverside with a reference to choking in his name..?:p

captain cuzz;404293 said:
Is it just me or does anyone else see the ironic side of a bloke from Riverside with a reference to choking in his name..?:p

I wasn't aware that Riverside were chokers.... :confused:

There will be none of that this year. Choking comes from a lack of belief, it comes from thinking you are better than the oppisition instead of knowing and believing that you are better than your oppisition. :cool:

riversidestrangler;404358 said:

There will be none of that this year. Choking comes from a lack of belief, it comes from thinking you are better than the oppisition instead of knowing and believing that you are better than your oppisition. :cool:

It also means that words are absolutely meaningless until Riverside actually perform in a finals match.

absoluteglam;404476 said:
It also means that words are absolutely meaningless until Riverside actually perform in a finals match.

Hahaha I was wondering how many people would bite back at that one.... Only one? Come on, I was expecting at least 4 or 5. :p

Yeah we will see. Look forward to the challenge. :cool:

riversidestrangler;404358 said:

Hey strangler, just flicking through a few club websites and noticed the clappers website had a youtube link to the boys getting all worked up post match, ala AFL style. You guys cant be serious can you?

YouTube - We are the boys from Riverside.MOV

100% BULL;404591 said:
Hey strangler, just flicking through a few club websites and noticed the clappers website had a youtube link to the boys getting all worked up post match, ala AFL style. You guys cant be serious can you?

YouTube - We are the boys from Riverside.MOV

Haha, that's gold, I hadn't seen that yet, as I said I have not played a game for riverside yet...

But I would more than happily join in in a song like that, looks to me that they enjoy their cricket and like to get excited after a big win. You either don't win many matches or are to cool to enjoy a win with the guys that worked hard to make that win possible, and it rubs salt into the wound of the opposition. :D

This happens after EVERY premier cricket match in every grade for every club.... And after a big final win it is normally video taped.

riversidestrangler;404605 said:
Haha, that's gold, I hadn't seen that yet, as I said I have not played a game for riverside yet...

But I would more than happily join in in a song like that, looks to me that they enjoy their cricket and like to get excited after a big win. You either don't win many matches or are to cool to enjoy a win with the guys that worked hard to make that win possible, and it rubs salt into the wound of the opposition. :D

This happens after EVERY premier cricket match in every grade for every club.... And after a big final win it is normally video taped.

Agree, no problem with the boys having a celebration after a win. Its one of the reasons we play isn't it?

riversidestrangler;404605 said:

Just one small problem though, I cant remember the last time your A grade boys won a final.:)

Our younger blokes sung it after beating you in the grannie last year Vaughny.

It was very humorous hearing you say “WE ARE RIGHT ON TOP HERE BOYS” for 2 days and ended up getting smashed. How humiliating.

riversider;404763 said:

It was very humorous hearing you say “WE ARE RIGHT ON TOP HERE BOYS” for 2 days and ended up getting smashed. How humiliating.

The only time, along with winning a semi final, the song should be sung. And video taped for that matter, IMO.

riversider;404763 said:

I wouldn't have thought smashed wasn't entirely accurate, unless you are talking about what our C grade did to your C grade, now that is smashed. But your boys did win, and if they sang the song then good on them. I hope that your young blokes are good singers because there was only one of them that looked like he could play cricket.

Now before you try and bait me further, there is nothing you can say that could make me hate Riverside anymore than I currently do, I dispise them. If you do wish to keep baiting me though, we should move to C grade and below thread or pm me, I need a good pre season sledge to get me going:p.

100% BULL;404780 said:
I wouldn't have thought smashed wasn't entirely accurate, unless you are talking about what our C grade did to your C grade, now that is smashed. But your boys did win, and if they sang the song then good on them. I hope that your young blokes are good singers because there was only one of them that looked like he could play cricket.

Now before you try and bait me further, there is nothing you can say that could make me hate Riverside anymore than I currently do, I dispise them. If you do wish to keep baiting me though, we should move to C grade and below thread or pm me, I need a good pre season sledge to get me going:p.

So I take it that you play c grade? :rolleyes:

No wonder you don't understand the singing of a song in cricket.... It's cause you can't ****in play it!! :D

Back