DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

bundybullz08

New Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

mid wicket;299777 said:
i believe you should be talking about him in the best fielder thread, as he has the safest hands ever and doesnt let anything past his huge, meaty body hahahaha :p:p:p
haha.johnny quin.
 

Yarrasagun

New Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Greg Cates, LPCC absolute gun B and C grade bowler, massive outswingers at good pace. Destroyed batting line ups week in week out.
 

Yarrasagun

New Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Mate you've got no idea ...

Batters: Minney, Whitcher, Yarra and Gibbsy are absolute head and shoulders above all others.

Bowlers: Gibbsy still good with a new rock, but these days has lost a bit of venom to be effective with the old ball.

Best bowlers still Bretty Glynn, Keaysy, Baker, Hubbs

Best allrounder coming through .... Mick Hansen
 

100% BULL

Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Yarrasagun;302658 said:
Greg Cates, LPCC absolute gun B and C grade bowler, massive outswingers at good pace. Destroyed batting line ups week in week out.[/QUOTE

He goes alright, although he doesnt destroy batting line ups. Good bloke also.

Gave a sporting declaration a couple of seasons ago that allowed us to get a reverse outright and sneak into the finals. Thanks Greg.
 

Yarrasagun

New Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

100% BULL;304001 said:
Yarrasagun;302658 said:
Greg Cates, LPCC absolute gun B and C grade bowler, massive outswingers at good pace. Destroyed batting line ups week in week out.[/QUOTE

He goes alright, although he doesnt destroy batting line ups. Good bloke also.

Gave a sporting declaration a couple of seasons ago that allowed us to get a reverse outright and sneak into the finals. Thanks Greg.


That depends if you think taking 7 or 8 wickets in an innings on numerous occasions isnt destroying batting line ups.
 

100% BULL

Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Yarrasagun;305654 said:
100% BULL;304001 said:
That depends if you think taking 7 or 8 wickets in an innings on numerous occasions isnt destroying batting line ups.
Numerous occasons isn't week in week out which was your orgnal post, didnt get 7 in two innings aganst us last year. Good bowler no the less.
 

Yarrasagun

New Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Numerous occasions / week in week out .... its a figure of speech, maybe the Bundoora guys aren't really up with the current "lingo".

Thats ok "champ" ....
 

mid wicket

New Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Yarrasagun;306537 said:
Numerous occasions / week in week out .... its a figure of speech, maybe the Bundoora guys aren't really up with the current "lingo".

Thats ok "champ" ....
numerous occasions and week in week out arent actually the same though,
one meaning every week and one meaning a number of times.
 

mid wicket

New Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Yarrasagun;306544 said:
a number of times in a period of a cricket season could be defined as week in, week out ....

u idiot!
it could mean that or it could mean otherwise,
relax mate your getting a bit touchy
 

NEWCC (L)

Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Surely one Peter McLaughlin is up there!! haha

won 3 Heidelberg District A-grade comp bowling awards in a row so i've been told
also one year took 62 wickets from 10 games in a season
 

NEWCC (L)

Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

THE ICEMAN;287108 said:
Keep an eye for his younger brother Tre. An absolute GUN soccor player. He trains with Liverpools development squad. Talent runs in the family.
Tre goes to my school, currently contracted with melbourne victory.
As a year seven with that skill i've seen it's amazing what the future may just hold (Y)
 

the_boobcat

New Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Paul Duckworth
won more than 10 hdca A-Grade bowling averages and picked up 96 wickets in one year from 12 games.
also won about 10 or so club championships at north alphington against very good players like Richie Robertson.
Filled in for one game at northcote in the 2nds and got 7/40odd.
Played at macleod in money shield for about 5 years in his mid 50s and picked up about 30-40 wickets a year.
He would HAVE to be up there!!!
 

Opener2

Active Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Played my first game of senior cricket against Ducky... was an experience to be sure! Great player.

the_boobcat;325315 said:
Paul Duckworth
won more than 10 hdca A-Grade bowling averages and picked up 96 wickets in one year from 12 games.
also won about 10 or so club championships at north alphington against very good players like Richie Robertson.
Filled in for one game at northcote in the 2nds and got 7/40odd.
Played at macleod in money shield for about 5 years in his mid 50s and picked up about 30-40 wickets a year.
He would HAVE to be up there!!!
 

Bundoora

Active Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

the_boobcat;325315 said:
Paul Duckworth
won more than 10 hdca A-Grade bowling averages and picked up 96 wickets in one year from 12 games.
also won about 10 or so club championships at north alphington against very good players like Richie Robertson.
Filled in for one game at northcote in the 2nds and got 7/40odd.
Played at macleod in money shield for about 5 years in his mid 50s and picked up about 30-40 wickets a year.
He would HAVE to be up there!!!

Wouldn't be too many better players to have played at local level. He used to open the bowling and bowl his leggies all day!!
Good guy too, was a very hard man on the field but is a great guy off it.
 

NEWCC (L)

Member
Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Bundoora;297304 said:
there was an old black & white photo of the two, stating the scores they made, but i'm pretty sure there is no score card.
Not sure if it's still there, since we've got the new rooms the wall space is filled by massive photos of Keaysy & Tool everywhere you look:D

i'll have a look and let you know.
is that mark maxwell you're referring to
 
Top