Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

CowCorner

Alright is time to move away from last years thread and the rumours thread.

Here we go Season 2011/12.

C Grade and below talk only.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but why have both Riverside & Creek come up into C grade? I thought it was one up, one down system. Both very welcome though.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but why have both Riverside & Creek come up into C grade? I thought it was one up, one down system. Both very welcome though.

Yarrambat pulled out of MS & C grade (relegated) , caused a re-shuffle of some grades. 2 vacancies meant two come up.

They wont be missed. But you're happy about that though, after you first over at the horse paddock last year...

HA ha dont remind me. Was a big hit first pill... think I had 0/19 off 7 balls.
Still finished a reasonable 3/40 off 10 though.
Good to play against Creek and the Clappers again though. Assuming can hold my spot...:rolleyes:

HA ha dont remind me. Was a big hit first pill... think I had 0/19 off 7 balls.
Still finished a reasonable 3/40 off 10 though.
Good to play against Creek and the Clappers again though. Assuming can hold my spot...:rolleyes:

Theres a spot for an opening bat if you're up for it? I assume you are up for it, you've been telling me how easy it is.

Doesn't anyone who plays at this level care enough to contribute to this thread so that that there's more than six replies?

Have you got anything of worth to say mate?

Or are you just happy potting blokes for not having anything to say?
You've taken it the wrong way bud, I'm happy to get stuck into it, it's just that it's not a busy thread despite the fact more blokes would play at this level than the higher grades.

You've taken it the wrong way bud, I'm happy to get stuck into it, it's just that it's not a busy thread despite the fact more blokes would play at this level than the higher grades.

That's fair enough, my mistake.

For what it's worth - I would say threads like this remain quiet to protect a lot of guys' annonimity(?).

It's easier to talk about players in BS, MS and the two reserve grades because their names are more well known and you don't necesarily need to play at that player's club to have an opinion on his game or know something about him.

Completely the opposite of what you need when commenting on thsese sorts of threads, so outside of a little banter between team mates (as above with the Bundoora boys) you don't get much action.

Might be a good excuse to get the word around your clubrooms for more blokes to jump on BigCricket.

To keep the thread moving....I heard a certain, bald, big boned medium pace, dirt kicking bowler let rip with the greatest spray of all time at an umire last week in C grade because he thought he was hard done by with an LBW decision. I could go further but may get the poor guy rubbed out...

To keep the thread moving....I heard a certain, bald, big boned medium pace, dirt kicking bowler let rip with the greatest spray of all time at an umire last week in C grade because he thought he was hard done by with an LBW decision. I could go further but may get the poor guy rubbed out...

No comment... :rolleyes:

Last week when I was batting, I was at the non-strikers end. The batsmen facing, who I'm not mates with or anything, knocked it off his hip to backward square and then screamed "Yeeeeess!" Seeing square leg approaching the ball, I've barely have left the crease with my hand up saying "No", but he's still coming through. As he turns back, you hear him express how filthy he was towards me ( I can't remember if he cursed me, I don't think so). He made it back anyway, he then turns around in a fit of rage with a death stare and then asks me "WHO'S CALL WAS THAT?" Calmly, I respond "Mine", the intensity died down there and then at the realisation. Had a quiet smirk with my team-mate who was central umpire and that was it.

Poor guy did apologise to me at training the following week, I wasn't hung up about it, not the first time I've recieved a raging death stare and I'm not the only guy he's given one to, it's pretty funny actually. "Won't happen again"...If it does, all of you will know about it.

Might be a good excuse to get the word around your clubrooms for more blokes to jump on BigCricket.

Yeah...Nah, I play for Thommo! Not sure if anyone will be interested considering...you know, ask the higher grade guys if you don't. I only come across this because I have a BigFooty account.

Last week when I was batting, I was at the non-strikers end. The batsmen facing, who I'm not mates with or anything, knocked it off his hip to backward square and then screamed "Yeeeeess!" Seeing square leg approaching the ball, I've barely have left the crease with my hand up saying "No", but he's still coming through. As he turns back, you hear him express how filthy he was towards me ( I can't remember if he cursed me, I don't think so). He made it back anyway, he then turns around in a fit of rage with a death stare and then asks me "WHO'S CALL WAS THAT?" Calmly, I respond "Mine", the intensity died down there and then at the realisation. Had a quiet smirk with my team-mate who was central umpire and that was it.

Poor guy did apologise to me at training the following week, I wasn't hung up about it, not the first time I've recieved a raging death stare and I'm not the only guy he's given one to, it's pretty funny actually. "Won't happen again"...If it does, all of you will know about it.

Depends on who you listen to, but I reckon it was the strikers call.....

Really? I don't get why you'd think that. From mid-wicket, past fine-leg to gully, it's the non-strikers call, otherwise, you're saying on each occasion it's the strikers call.

Old coach reckons the striker is often the best judge of a run backward of square (either side) because the striker is the best judge of the angle and whether the fieldsman is going to cut it off. I like the thinking.

Either way, striker or non striker, I always did the calling, bad habit.

Old coach reckons the striker is often the best judge of a run backward of square (either side) because the striker is the best judge of the angle and whether the fieldsman is going to cut it off. I like the thinking.

I'm with you - It's the only way to guarantee not being crucified by a bloke with no idea!

As I run pretty slow, I always told the bloke I was batting with not to run unless I said so. Has worked pretty well, never been run out!

Back