Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

NEW are an ambitious club, after the way they've managed to build the club up in the last 5-10 years I'd expect them to have a crack in money shield. I guess it depends a bit on their list though. From previous posts they've lost 2 from the 1s plus any they may lose in the 2s. But, if they don't go up now, with 3 clubs coming down they won't get another opportunity, and really (I haven't seen their 2s side) if its a side of younger guys aspiring to play 1s then they should jump at the opportunity.

If they turn it down though... That will be 2 clubs in 2 years and to me suggests that the dvca got it wrong regarding promotion relegation from the shields to the grades.

NEW are an ambitious club, after the way they've managed to build the club up in the last 5-10 years I'd expect them to have a crack in money shield. I guess it depends a bit on their list though. From previous posts they've lost 2 from the 1s plus any they may lose in the 2s. But, if they don't go up now, with 3 clubs coming down they won't get another opportunity, and really (I haven't seen their 2s side) if its a side of younger guys aspiring to play 1s then they should jump at the opportunity.

If they turn it down though... That will be 2 clubs in 2 years and to me suggests that the dvca got it wrong regarding promotion relegation from the shields to the grades.

With B Grade cricket it needs to be remembered that the team that wins a grand final will not be the team that plays round 1 the following season. Often B Grade teams are made of players who come and go as they please.

I saw NEW playing on the weekend and let me tell you, they would be thrashed by nearly all Money Shield sides, as Riverside were.

I've heard a rumour there could be a rule change proposal to limit Money Shield to a club's first XI. And this would put an end to the issue.

With B Grade cricket it needs to be remembered that the team that wins a grand final will not be the team that plays round 1 the following season. Often B Grade teams are made of players who come and go as they please.

I saw NEW playing on the weekend and let me tell you, they would be thrashed by nearly all Money Shield sides, as Riverside were.

I've heard a rumour there could be a rule change proposal to limit Money Shield to a club's first XI. And this would put an end to the issue.

That would be a better idea. Whoever thought B grade could compete against Money shield should give the game away. It was an idea that was an insult to the skill level of Money Shield. I'm glad the sides that have come up have been smashed. Stupid idea in the first place.

At what point do you determine that a club is worthy of promotion? There is a gap between Barcley and Money, but do you stop any promotion between these grades? I played against NEW this year in B grade this season and thought they were a good side and if it is the same side that goes up, while they may not win the premiership, they should be compeditive.

I'm a great believer in the idea that playing better cricket will make better cricketers. I think the real issue is that clubs who get promoted (in any grade), need to understand that training must get better accordingly, particularly batting practise. No longer may you get away with simply rocking up at training and having all the batsmen who don't bowl, giving practise to the top order unless you like being '5/sod all' every match.

I know if I was NEW, I'd grab that oppotunity with both hands and hang onto it with a death grip

interested to know if viewbank applied for dvca last season and if so why they were rejected.
Applied and rejected as they had no junior program.
I would be more interested in knowing how camrea came across and under what conditions regarding their juniors coz if they proposed any sort of junior development it certainly aint happening

I represented LECC at that meeting, they gave a fairly strong presentation at the meeting. I can understand why they were voted in. Their junior development doesnt seem to be going that well though.

Applied and rejected as they had no junior program.
I would be more interested in knowing how camrea came across and under what conditions regarding their juniors coz if they proposed any sort of junior development it certainly aint happening

Do you want me to find your post where you stated they weren't that good, then the smashed you blokes? We've all got a post wrong here or there. Rumour is there has been a massive fall out at Mill Park after the loss. Most insiders thought it was a formality that they'd go up, but after choking, there may be a number of departures.....

Initial few days after a GF loss are always tough, with a fair bit of finger pointing. Needless to say, it would be even worse when a side has gone undefeated all year, smashed through the semi and stumbled at the death.
Interesting to see what happens at Boro, so close to the ultimate after a great season in both 1's & 2's. Will Butera stick around??

Every club in Money Shield will be hoping that NEW elect to be promoted.

Watched the Money Shield grand final. Rosanna just choked Greensborough to death... or did they choke themselves?

128.. if you can't chase that then you don't deserve to go up. Rosanna to their credit made it look more like 200. Very very disciplined bowling line up. No stars that will rip through an attack and will be interesting to see how they fare next season. I thought Macauley bowled superbly at the end.

A few really really ordinary shots from blokes in the lower order that probably won't want to watch a replay.

Special mention to the Greensborough nuff nuffs on the side lines mouthing off at players chasing the ball out to the boundary. Hope they choke on their humble pie.

Back