DVCA - C grade and below

CowCorner

DVCA - C grade and below

To create some chat about the other grades in the DVCA, I have created a new thread. This is not saying that we cannot have seperate threads for all grades in the future.

All chat on C Grade and below start posting.

Cheers

CC

Re: DVCA - C grade and below

big outright win by the creek in the thirds i see,
with plenty of youngsters in the side it looks promising for the side.
still undefeated on top.

fmr_13;279592 said:
big outright win by the creek in the thirds i see,
with plenty of youngsters in the side it looks promising for the side.
still undefeated on top.

Good call, DC always have a decent lower grades and manage kids well. (I think I was told they had 17 teams in the finals last year, seniors and juniors...wow)

Very good start to the season and making lots of runs to.

I know our club has made a concerted effort now to use our c grade as a development grade for the younger guys to learn the game.

your right, DC is a very stern believer in the development of junior cricketers.
just glance through the sides to see the amount of born and bred DC cricketers playing at the club, let alone the amount under the age of 20.

looks good for the future, hopefully the best of the best hang around to make it a true powerhouse.

PremiersAgain;279701 said:
I know our club has made a concerted effort now to use our c grade as a development grade for the younger guys to learn the game.

It seems like only yesterday when you were learning the ropes in C grade PA. I remember the day you so skillfully left your first ball in the 2005/6 semi, only to have it knocked out....but you weren't the only one that day.;)

I think most decent clubs use C grade as their development grade, Creek ourselves, riverside and plenty have all done this with reasonable success and also managed to win flags along the way. The kids also learn how to enjoy their cricket without the pressure of A or B grade.

100% BULL;279897 said:
It seems like only yesterday when you were learning the ropes in C grade PA. I remember the day you so skillfully left your first ball in the 2005/6 semi, only to have it knocked out....but you weren't the only one that day.;)

I think most decent clubs use C grade as their development grade, Creek ourselves, riverside and plenty have all done this with reasonable success and also managed to win flags along the way. The kids also learn how to enjoy their cricket without the pressure of A or B grade.

nah your spot on there big fella it was actaully a pair i seem to recall. However i believe last year's big one probably more than made up for my earlier failures against you blokes way back then.

PremiersAgain;280944 said:
nah your spot on there big fella it was actaully a pair i seem to recall. However i believe last year's big one probably more than made up for my earlier failures against you blokes way back then.

Fair call, premierships are currency, and you even got amongst them, cant argue with that....unfortunately.

The lower divisions aren't as bad as people make out.

Many teams are chock full of old blokes who've taken a stack of wickets in A-Grade and beyond back in their day, or made a lot of runs and just drop down because they can't keep up with the pace of A or B grade.

I assure you they've still got it!

The Night Watchman;285384 said:
South Morang's F-Grade not looking to bad

yeah but they slipped up to a great effort from North eltham in round one, that was a really close game i was told.

two young blokes batted well cant remember names though, and morang apparently had a few nifty bowlers

The Mill Park F Grader's were in a good position to go to top of the ladder, however the rain denied them a possible maximum points against top of the ladder Riverside. (MP 312 RV 1/21 overnight).

With a team made up of blokes that have played in as high as Money Shield, they are one to look out for.

Back