Dvca Finals

Bugsy boy

So who is gonna take it out this year??

i say a riverside vs diamond creek granny ...

Riverside to just win

Lower plenty to take money shield

B grade to hurstbridge

So who is gonna take it out this year??

i say a riverside vs diamond creek granny ...

Riverside to just win

Lower plenty to take money shield

B grade to hurstbridge

Big call on those 2 to play off. if ladder stays the same, they play each other in semi. Chance (although slim) that both may still miss out altogether.

The Barclay comp is pretty even with the top 5-6 all capable. I am of course backing our boys to win (Bundoora).

Money Shield - again race of 3 you would think. battle of the chokers LP v OPS. L.P to win one finally.

B grade - HB the stand out all year but so they should paying their team to play in B grade. I will back our boys to knock them off in the GF though. We are coming together well since the break.

Seemed like an appropriate place to post, I am hearing strong rumours that one and maybe two teams that won a SF in the One Day comps have been disqualified due to technicalities......ANYONE with confirmation.

Seemed like an appropriate place to post, I am hearing strong rumours that one and maybe two teams that won a SF in the One Day comps have been disqualified due to technicalities......ANYONE with confirmation.

Yes. The two teams that cheated in the SF, Monty and Research, both had their wins overturned. It pays to learn the rules.

Update

From what I hear the GF is postponed until NEXT WEEK as the appeal will be heard early in the week.

I hear they did not CHEAT but:

RECCC - Submitted the wrong teamsheet (one from a few weeks earlier) and did NOT play a unqualified player.....seems like a minor misomeaner to me

MCC - Had dispensation to play players but accidently allowed them to bat against the dispensation rules (higher than 6th)

This is only what I am hearing on the grapevine to me. They did not make a delebrate act to cheat so calling them that is unfair I reckon, its only the ODC FFS.

I also hear that most teams had to get dispensation to play SF as they did not have enough players ......... mmmmmm

Update

From what I hear the GF is postponed until NEXT WEEK as the appeal will be heard early in the week.

I hear they did not CHEAT but:

RECCC - Submitted the wrong teamsheet (one from a few weeks earlier) and did NOT play a unqualified player.....seems like a minor misomeaner to me

MCC - Had dispensation to play players but accidently allowed them to bat against the dispensation rules (higher than 6th)

This is only what I am hearing on the grapevine to me. They did not make a delebrate act to cheat so calling them that is unfair I reckon, its only the ODC FFS.

I also hear that most teams had to get dispensation to play SF as they did not have enough players ......... mmmmmm

We've been hearing for years now how some Clubs want to have a one day comp because they have players that only want to play in this form of the game. No probs with this. However the first season has come and we have finalists not being able to have enough eligible players. Pity about this is that because of the number of senior sides (incl. one comp) is that Sunday cricket is required to be played to accommodate all grades. Let's get fair dinkum replace quantity with quality and remove the need to play Sundays. Only my opinion but Sundays should be left to the veteran grades.

We've been hearing for years now how some Clubs want to have a one day comp because they have players that only want to play in this form of the game. No probs with this. However the first season has come and we have finalists not being able to have enough eligible players. Pity about this is that because of the number of senior sides (incl. one comp) is that Sunday cricket is required to be played to accommodate all grades. Let's get fair dinkum replace quantity with quality and remove the need to play Sundays. Only my opinion but Sundays should be left to the veteran grades.

The only problem with the ODC is the competition's want for clubs to play every week.

I don't know about anyone else, but the whole idea of giving a player/team the option to play in a one day comp is to allow him/them to have every second week off for other commitments. Instead of playing every week and playing twice as many games as you would if you played two day cricket, you play the same ammount of cricket without having to commit week in, week out.

By making the ODC every week you're almost forcing clubs to find one and half to two extra sides that didn't play last year, if they exercised the option to have a one day team.

It's no wonder some clubs couldn't qualify enough players to play finals legally. In my opinion.

The only problem with the ODC is the competition's want for clubs to play every week.

I don't know about anyone else, but the whole idea of giving a player/team the option to play in a one day comp is to allow him/them to have every second week off for other commitments. Instead of playing every week and playing twice as many games as you would if you played two day cricket, you play the same ammount of cricket without having to commit week in, week out.

By making the ODC every week you're almost forcing clubs to find one and half to two extra sides that didn't play last year, if they exercised the option to have a one day team.

It's no wonder some clubs couldn't qualify enough players to play finals legally. In my opinion.

Cuzz, I wrote this earlier in the C grade & below forum and got howled upon, so i will try here.

The issue is we scheduled a comp designed (and i thought voted on) to play every second week to play 16 out of 20 weeks.
Allow for the fact we started a week late, finished a week prior to Xmas, started back a week later, then the ODC had to play 16/17 weeks !!!
That defeated the purpose of the comp. Made filling a team week to week near impossible which subsequently affected qualification. Bundoora used 46 players in just the 11 games we played!!!

The comp needs to be run as a stand alone comp - like the vets. Grading levels are not effected by the ODC. Players - if fixturing permits - can be selected to play 2 matches over the weekend. The number of forfeits in the comp this year was unacceptable. We ourselves gave 3 which we are certianly not happy about. Apart from the $$ is just a bad rap for the club.
By having the ODC in line with regular grades, we consistently had to pull players from the ODC to fill numbers in higher grades week to week. New or returning players who came to play the ODC, might have played 8 games for the year but maybe only 3-4 in ODC and 3-4 in E grade. We could not drop the E grade to fill the ODC. As again evidenced in the final round ( where both ended up forfeiting)
The DVCA should be encourgaing as many people to play as often as possible. The comp this year- the way saw it designed - simply put barriers in place to prevent this, not encourage it.
The ODC is a great concept - and - will be good for the game long term. However it needs a bit of an overhaul to get the detials right going forward.

five80
Anyone know anything about a brawl at the U18 GF tonight?
five80, Yesterday at 10:48 PM Report#11Reply
Just heard about this today, any info on what happened and who was involved?

Money shield finals games have no early indicators or favourites with both regular season games being played in the one day round after Christmas...although with some more dodgy weather predictions coming our way next weekend, could be headed that way again.
Whereas Lower Eltham have the mind games over Bundoora in Barclay after coming from nowhere to beat them earlier in the season.....second time Bundoora have crumbled chasing this year.
My predictions for the top 2 grades are - Riverside and Lower (Bundoora will want to bat first to avoid the shakes) / OP's and Lower Plenty - best two teams.

Can Greensborough CC have their 1's and 2's in the Grand Final for the 3rd consecutive year??
Would be a great acheivement, would also be great to see them lose both again!!!!

Anyone know anything about a brawl at the U18 GF tonight?
There was an unfortunate incident which occured Friday night at the Under 18 Grand Final at Mill Park.

Police attended and I believe charges have been laid against a man. I was not there so any info I have is second hand.

Alright the pointy end of the season. For those holding on last week only to be buggered due to weather... unfortunately that's life.

So lets look at the finals and what they offer us:

Barclay Shield

This weekends first game will see Bundoora v Lower Eltham. Probably evenly matched and this showed with their meeting this year with Lower taking the points at Bundoora in a tightly fought contest. As with all finals the toss will be important, I suggest whoever can make 200 wins. Tip - Lower Eltham

The second game sees Riverside hosting Diamond Creek. These two only meeting a few weeks ago will be all to familiar with each other. I see this game going into the 70th over of day two. Tip - Diamond Creek

Money Shield

Game one will see the Merger take on Greensborough. From all accounts last time they played it was fiery to say the least. If your team has missed out and you are bored this weekend, I reckon this is the one to watch. Tip - Merger

The second game involves the friendly neighbours. In their meeting this season it was a one dayer and LPCC got the points 9 down with 4 balls remaining....close. Another great game as all finals should be. Tip - Lower Plenty

B Grade

Hurstbridge host Eltham in what looks like it could be the big mis-match of the finals on the outside but when you look at the last time they played Eltham fought hard and the Bridges 9 and 10 had to get them over the line. Pretty decent bowling attack for the home side will see them though this time. Tip - Hurtsbridge

Bundoora and Lower Eltham play in a mirror to the Barclay Shield. Close encounter last time with both sides disappointing with the bat, Lower losing 5/6 cost them the 6 points. Tight even game, any slip up will see a loss. Tip - Lower Eltham

C Grade

Mill Park 2nds watch their 1sts barely stay up whilst they dominate in C Grade, maybe a few rounds back the should have swapped grads. They come up against Greensborough who snuck into the finals but on the surface look no match. Tip - Mill Park

The second game sees the Merger v NEW. Drawn game when the met during the season, Tip - Merger.

D Grade

Riverside have been dominate all year being undefeated. They come up against Lower Plenty who have hit form at the right time of the year. Tip - Riverside.

The second game sees Whittlesea v Eltham. A high scoring one dayer saw Eltham win during the season, Probabaly be a close match. Tip - Eltham

That's where I will stop, these are just my opinions, feel free to share your own or add more to the grades I missed..... Good luck to all.

Nice analysis Cow. Just wondering why you tipped the Creek over Riverside? Two weeks ago DC folded pretty quickly against Riverside late in the day?

how quickly the year goes.

Money shield
Greensborough V franks, the franks seem to have the wood on them, and from what i have heard everytime they play each other something happens, both have brittle batting line ups, but if Duggins back then the franks, if not, they will get touched up. i will say Greensborough

Mont V Lower, Lower boys be rapt they arent playing Greensborough, Mont have won enough games without being great, struggle with the bat a bit, but with whale they are always a chance. Smith firing can open the top order of mont, close game, toss of coin, i think lower will win.

Back