Dvca Finals

Barclay Shield

Bundoora Vs Lower Eltham

Evenly matched. If Lower can bat first and get anything over 175 - they will win - I get a feeling Bundoora's batting will crumble under pressure. In saying this, if the Bulls bat first and make 150+, their bowling could rip through the Kangas.
Callum Still to make 100 and get his boys over the line.

Tip - Lower Eltham!

Riverside vs Diamond Creek

Riverside look too strong for me in this one. Siders experience will shine over Creeks kids who have been brave all year.

Tip - Riverside (although I hope I am wrong)

Good luck to all.

Barclay Shield

Bundoora Vs Lower Eltham

Evenly matched. If Lower can bat first and get anything over 175 - they will win - I get a feeling Bundoora's batting will crumble under pressure. In saying this, if the Bulls bat first and make 150+, their bowling could rip through the Kangas.

Tip - Lower Eltham!

Riverside vs Diamond Creek

Riverside look too strong for me in this one. Siders experience will shine over Creeks kids who have been brave all year.

Tip - Riverside (although I hope I am wrong)

Good luck to all.

All good points Callum

Barclay Shield

Bundoora Vs Lower Eltham

his 100th run for the season? who knows 13 or 14 failed slogs this year, maybe it comes off every 15 attempts

Obviously Harry2bob we don't know who you are but you are from Epping, maybe instead of potting young players in our competition you should worry about keeping your players from getting in to punch ons during games and turn around the scumbag culture you guys have???? Just a thought, would at least be proactive. Would show a bit of ticker if you let us know who you are though???

Update

From what I hear the GF is postponed until NEXT WEEK as the appeal will be heard early in the week.

I hear they did not CHEAT but:

RECCC - Submitted the wrong teamsheet (one from a few weeks earlier) and did NOT play a unqualified player.....seems like a minor misomeaner to me

MCC - Had dispensation to play players but accidently allowed them to bat against the dispensation rules (higher than 6th)

This is only what I am hearing on the grapevine to me. They did not make a delebrate act to cheat so calling them that is unfair I reckon, its only the ODC FFS.

I also hear that most teams had to get dispensation to play SF as they did not have enough players ......... mmmmmm

Heard that the Appeals on Wednesday night were both upheld & that Mont & RECCC would play in the Grand final, but now the DVCA wants to Appeal there own Appeal Board's findings & the match has been postponed again? What a Joke this administration has now become! Why not get all the clubs together & discuss the issues, fix them and move on, they seem rather trivial? The whole One Day Comp was designed to encourage more participants who otherwise couldn't play cricket & in it's first season they have this sort debacle that from what I've heard, it has actually moved opinions in the other direction.

Does anyone know whether the DVCA has investigated the all in brawl between Millpark and Plenty in the U18 Grand final. It appears the game is now called off and no premiership will be awarded. Does this mean the 3rd placed team wins the flag. What are the DVCA's rules on this debacle. Are the DVCA punishing the clubs/individuals involved or are they hoping the problem quietly goes away.

Does anyone know whether the DVCA has investigated the all in brawl between Millpark and Plenty in the U18 Grand final. It appears the game is now called off and no premiership will be awarded. Does this mean the 3rd placed team wins the flag. What are the DVCA's rules on this debacle. Are the DVCA punishing the clubs/individuals involved or are they hoping the problem quietly goes away.

From what I hear they have called the game off and will not award a premier. Effectively calling the season off. A good idea would have been to ring 3rd and 4th (NEW and Epping) and offer them a chance to play a GF, if they can play in the spirit of cricket then maybe they should have been offered that option...just a thought.I believe they are still investigating incidents that happened but that will take time. I do not think they have forgotten nor will hope it goes away, I am sure there will be confirmation on 88.6 FM at 10am today.

Alright the pointy end of the season. For those holding on last week only to be buggered due to weather... unfortunately that's life.

So lets look at the finals and what they offer us:

Barclay Shield

This weekends first game will see Bundoora v Lower Eltham. Probably evenly matched and this showed with their meeting this year with Lower taking the points at Bundoora in a tightly fought contest. As with all finals the toss will be important, I suggest whoever can make 200 wins. Tip - Lower Eltham CORRECT

The second game sees Riverside hosting Diamond Creek. These two only meeting a few weeks ago will be all to familiar with each other. I see this game going into the 70th over of day two. Tip - Diamond Creek CORRECT

Money Shield

Game one will see the Merger take on Greensborough. From all accounts last time they played it was fiery to say the least. If your team has missed out and you are bored this weekend, I reckon this is the one to watch. Tip - Merger CORRECT

The second game involves the friendly neighbours. In their meeting this season it was a one dayer and LPCC got the points 9 down with 4 balls remaining....close. Another great game as all finals should be. Tip - Lower Plenty CORRECT

B Grade

Hurstbridge host Eltham in what looks like it could be the big mis-match of the finals on the outside but when you look at the last time they played Eltham fought hard and the Bridges 9 and 10 had to get them over the line. Pretty decent bowling attack for the home side will see them though this time. Tip - Hurtsbridge CORRECT

Bundoora and Lower Eltham play in a mirror to the Barclay Shield. Close encounter last time with both sides disappointing with the bat, Lower losing 5/6 cost them the 6 points. Tight even game, any slip up will see a loss. Tip - Lower Eltham

C Grade

Mill Park 2nds watch their 1sts barely stay up whilst they dominate in C Grade, maybe a few rounds back the should have swapped grads. They come up against Greensborough who snuck into the finals but on the surface look no match. Tip - Mill Park CORRECT

The second game sees the Merger v NEW. Drawn game when the met during the season, Tip - Merger.CORRECT

D Grade

Riverside have been dominate all year being undefeated. They come up against Lower Plenty who have hit form at the right time of the year. Tip - Riverside.

The second game sees Whittlesea v Eltham. A high scoring one dayer saw Eltham win during the season, Probabaly be a close match. Tip - Eltham

That's where I will stop, these are just my opinions, feel free to share your own or add more to the grades I missed..... Good luck to all.

Not bad guess work if I do say so myself, don't do that well on the punt on a Sat.....7 out of 10.

Not bad guess work if I do say so myself, don't do that well on the punt on a Sat.....7 out of 10.

Didn't think it was that hard a round of tipping Cow, not many upsets, and if you don't like Bundoora or Greensborough, like so many of us, it was an easy tip.
An absolute cracker with Lower and Mont in Money, 2 awesome games this year so far, and with the Merg looking like winning, the rivalry will continue next year. Although again, with such dislike for the Franks and Bubis, surely we will all be hoping that Conlan can get some more runs and get his team over the line.

Interesting, I know that Eltham is widely regarded as the best ground in the comp. Do people think Greensborough is the next best? Of the 9 senior GF grounds, 7 are from Money shield clubs. DC and NEW are the only Barclay clubs with a GF.

Very surprised to see Moorey get Money Shield and not Barclay granny! Good effort Pete Dwyer!

Moorey would be dissapointed, rightfully so as he puts heaps into it and is one of the better umpires. Lower Eltham wouldn't be too pleased, they had a decent sook to Pete on Sunday when a few decisions didn't go their way.

Would be surprised if any LECC players had an issue with Pete's umpiring considering the contentious decisions were at the other end...

Moorey would be dissapointed, rightfully so as he puts heaps into it and is one of the better umpires. Lower Eltham wouldn't be too pleased, they had a decent sook to Pete on Sunday when a few decisions didn't go their way.

Fair call. They did have words with him during the break on Sunday, obviously not happy with the other bloke...

Why 'obviously' did you hear them? Maybe they where after a tip in the next at Rosehill. :)

I was chatting to both umps and players from both sides after the game and all seemed quite amicable.

Who cares about what was or wasn't said to umpires on the weekend. Its Grand Final week, lets hear some positive stuff on here for once.

Well done to the umpires for the BS Grand Final - Pete Dwyer and Nick Shearer. Two very good umpires.

Good luck to all the competing clubs this week, this is an experience that comes around very rarely (unless you played for Plenty ones for the last 10 years ;) ) and even harder to win one.

Good luck especially to Lower Eltham and Diamond Creek this week in the BS game, a game that I imagine will be very hard faught and tight to the end. Both are reasonably similiar with no out and out guns that they rely on, but an even spread across the board. Two very proud clubs who play it very hard, but fair on the ground and both love a beer afterwards. Interesting to note: Both clubs are captained by younger guys who are home grown DVCA juniors who have come up through the ranks which is great to see. Best of luck to Cal Still and Tommy McLean.

Looking forward to hosting them both at Panther Place. There will be the crowd favourite roast beef rolls, a normal canteen operating, a bar on both sides of the ground as well as inside the clubrooms, the electric scoreboard up and going again (CowCorner we will put the race winners up again for you).

So come down and have a beer or 8 and watch what promises to be a great game of cricket.

Back