Dvca - How Do We Make It Better?

Gotta give Cricket Australia a shout out with regards to their Junior Blasters advertising...."sign up now", "it's not too late"says Erin Molan. There's one week left in the home and away season, yes, it is too late. Surely they just save their sheckles and run this type of advertising in August? Pointless now...

Can someone shed some light on this for me. When & why did the dvca get rid of the Money Shield/ Reserve format etc.
Would it not be the perfect way to go about it from now on?? Northern footy league type of set up. So if your 1s are at home playing Eltham for example. Your 2s are at Eltham playing their 2s???
I can’t see any reason as to why this isnt happening.

I spose it would make things easier for ground allocation, but since I'm not doing that, I don't care. I think the comp is fine as is, besides, what if your seconds finish last and your 1s win the flag. Do you really want to promote a team that finished last and struggled to a harder division? Not ideal.

I spose it would make things easier for ground allocation, but since I'm not doing that, I don't care. I think the comp is fine as is, besides, what if your seconds finish last and your 1s win the flag. Do you really want to promote a team that finished last and struggled to a harder division? Not ideal.
Generally speaking, the cliche rule is, if you have a strong 2s you have a strong 1s. I think that is pretty bang on to support this format of fixture

Generally speaking, the cliche rule is, if you have a strong 2s you have a strong 1s. I think that is pretty bang on to support this format of fixture

They changed the format a quite a few years ago because of a couple of different reasons.

Firstly, some clubs were severely abusing the spirit of the game, basically saying “our 1st XI are out of finals contention but safe from relegation and our 2s are close to finals. So let’s absolutely stack that side to get them into the four”. Which basically meant they threw their 1s game, and were losing outright, which ultimately was was stuffing up the ladder in 2 grades.

Secondly, there were (and still are) Clubs who’s 1s may be in Barclay abd are quite good, but their twos absolutely stink. So their twos were getting demoralised week after week. Research were in that position for years, it was a joke playing them in the 2s because you knew you’d flog them but their ones were still strong.

They changed the format a quite a few years ago because of a couple of different reasons.

Firstly, some clubs were severely abusing the spirit of the game, basically saying “our 1st XI are out of finals contention but safe from relegation and our 2s are close to finals. So let’s absolutely stack that side to get them into the four”. Which basically meant they threw their 1s game, and were losing outright, which ultimately was was stuffing up the ladder in 2 grades.

Secondly, there were (and still are) Clubs who’s 1s may be in Barclay abd are quite good, but their twos absolutely stink. So their twos were getting demoralised week after week. Research were in that position for years, it was a joke playing them in the 2s because you knew you’d flog them but their ones were still strong.
Hmm, I can see that point of view. But I still believe you can make it work. It just makes a lot of sense to me

Was just told that Rosebank have been accepted pending a club vote and Rivergum were knocked back. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

No idea on any truth regarding Rosebank , however I do know Rivergum hadn't applied.
They were told there was no room for them when the enquiry was made

No idea on any truth regarding Rosebank , however I do know Rivergum hadn't applied.
They were told there was no room for them when the enquiry was made
Email went to clubs yesyerday. Rosebank submission has DVCA support ( clubs need to vote). Strong comment on maximum clubs capped at 30 clubs. So there is no more room at the stable... no more new teams.

Email went to clubs yesyerday. Rosebank submission has DVCA support ( clubs need to vote). Strong comment on maximum clubs capped at 30 clubs. So there is no more room at the stable... no more new teams.
Sure that at a meeting at the start of last year, when Bundoora Park were voted in, that the DVCA Exec stated that 32 sides (4x8) was the ideal model.
Wonder what has happened in 12 months, or is it just a case of 'well at the moment, these are the rules'.....

Sure that at a meeting at the start of last year, when Bundoora Park were voted in, that the DVCA Exec stated that 32 sides (4x8) was the ideal model.
Wonder what has happened in 12 months, or is it just a case of 'well at the moment, these are the rules'.....
If they dont get 32 teams fixturing is very difficult ( byes, bringing sides like DC 2's in etc) to align all grades to sart and finish on same Saturdays. Safer option is now that they have 30 teams just to run with that. But you could be correct... they have changed midstream before to suit their own purpose.

If they dont get 32 teams fixturing is very difficult ( byes, bringing sides like DC 2's in etc) to align all grades to sart and finish on same Saturdays. Safer option is now that they have 30 teams just to run with that. But you could be correct... they have changed midstream before to suit their own purpose.

I heard there was a potential 3rd team wanting to come across?

Back