Dvca - How Do We Make It Better?

Under your proposal each round would have a bye in each shield grade. But 2nds and below would not.

Does that mean all the shield players can play in the seconds during the bye? How would the rule work?

What if you’re a regular twos player, get put up to A grade for one round, but can’t go back down to the twos as the ones are having a bye and you’re not allowed to play?

Back to the drawing board champ.
There wouldn’t be a bye in the shield grades.... 11 teams would mean 10 x 2 day games over 20 Saturday’s.

you could even have the same with the second CI teams playing all 2 day cricket.

also you could put the rule in place that if you have played first XI cricket you cant drop directly to 3rd XI or 4th XI

There wouldn’t be a bye in the shield grades.... 11 teams would mean 10 x 2 day games over 20 Saturday’s.

you could even have the same with the second CI teams playing all 2 day cricket.

also you could put the rule in place that if you have played first XI cricket you cant drop directly to 3rd XI or 4th XI

Are you taking the piss? 11 teams equals 5 matches and 1 bye per round.

I’m not sure what maths you’re using... if you have 20 Saturday’s.... and you have 10 opponents... that would give you 10 matches that take 2 Saturday’s each... 2 x 10 = 20...........

I would love to see you do the fixtures for next season!

A cricket match involves 2 teams. If there is an odd number of teams then you have a bye. So in an 11 team grade, there can only be 5 matches per round.

11 teams playing each other once adds up to 55 matches.

As you can only have 5 matches per round, you would need 11 rounds to complete the season. 11 rounds of 2 dayers equals 22 Saturdays.

Back to the drawing board, champ.

I would love to see you do the fixtures for next season!

A cricket match involves 2 teams. If there is an odd number of teams then you have a bye. So in an 11 team grade, there can only be 5 matches per round.

11 teams playing each other once adds up to 55 matches.

As you can only have 5 matches per round, you would need 11 rounds to complete the season. 11 rounds of 2 dayers equals 22 Saturdays.

Back to the drawing board, champ.
Haha actually you’re right I just realised that it would be a bye my bad

what a dickhead.

byes aren’t a bad thing.
Plenty of teams would probably like them

But you have 10 now. Add Rosebank and place DC back into B Grade you now still have 10 in Mash.
Because the 'ideal' number, which has been spoken about often at high end DVCA talks, is 32, but then they would have to bite the bullet and reduce Barclay by 3 teams in 1 season, and we all know how well that was received when the ill-fated NCL was muted in years gone by, Ideal to have 4x8, with a 'fair' draw or 7x2 day games and 7x1 day games, not the raffle we have now..

Let’s just keep it how is. Sub DC 2s for Rosebank. That’s all. People complaining here... go join what’s left of the NMCA comp. Hey you might even pick up a cheeky flag, wouldn’t be hard

I've read that local football could go as far back as late October, and local cricket to be pushed back, ending into deep April.

Disaster with potential wash outs. Could be 2 years in a row where no out and out premiership is awarded if we get washed out during that time, hypothetical I know but it was the first thought I had.

I would propose more one dayers in the season/a couple of Saturday/Sunday fixtures to make sure we finish normal time.

Last edited:
I've read that local football could go as far back as late October, and local cricket to be pushed back, ending into deep April.

Disaster with potential wash outs. Could be 2 years in a row where no out and out premiership is awarded if we get washed out during that time, hypothetical I know but it was the first thought I had.

I would propose more one dayers in the season/a couple of Saturday/Sunday fixtures to make sure we finish normal time.
I heard that Suburban footy leagues will be having a meeting next Tuesday post the easing of restriction announcements. Good Friday is April 2nd so DVCA could play until Sunday March 28th. Then footy could start straight after Easter. I think after the meeting next Tuesday things could be clearer.

Supposedly restrictions are to be eased slightly on Monday, including sport and gatherings. Hopefully allows for the footy season to start up and some clarity regarding the cricket season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the 'ideal' number, which has been spoken about often at high end DVCA talks, is 32, but then they would have to bite the bullet and reduce Barclay by 3 teams in 1 season, and we all know how well that was received when the ill-fated NCL was muted in years gone by, Ideal to have 4x8, with a 'fair' draw or 7x2 day games and 7x1 day games, not the raffle we have now..
Proposal for clubs is:
  • Rosebank 1st XI into Mash
  • Rosebank 2nd X1 - D Grade
  • B – D Grades will all go to 10 teams
  • E grade will stay as 8 teams and 80 overs/4 piece ball

Proposal for clubs is:
  • Rosebank 1st XI into Mash
  • Rosebank 2nd X1 - D Grade
  • B – D Grades will all go to 10 teams
  • E grade will stay as 8 teams and 80 overs/4 piece ball
Rosebank shouldn't walk into D grade won 3 games this season wont be finishing in the top 4, how are they figuring out who goes up? Is there still relegation?

Rosebank shouldn't walk into D grade won 3 games this season wont be finishing in the top 4, how are they figuring out who goes up? Is there still relegation?
Promotion and relegation will apply. The re-grading of teams will be at the discretion of the Executive. There will be additional teams promoted to increase B to D grade to 10 teams.

Interested on thoughts why clubs would vote Yes to a Rosebank considered "outside" the Dvca boundaries ahead of a club its equal from inside Dvca boundaries?
Don't get me wrong Rosebank are a quality club but the general consensus for many of years has been anti travel.

Last edited:
Interested on thoughts why clubs would vote Yes to a Rosebank considered "outside" the Dvca boundaries ahead of a club its equal from inside Dvca boundaries?
Don't get me wrong Rosebank are a quality club but the general consensus for many of years has been anti travel.
No boundaries anymore as we seen with Bundoora Park last season and the way the email read that was sent to clubs I'm pretty sure they are certainties as they got in first.

Back