DVCA Juniors 09/10

Re: DVCA Juniors 09/10

The Wizz;367100 said:
Why should they change the rules for 1 club???:confused:
Strange question as there is more than 1 club that wants a change. There are massive benefits for the senior and junior club if the changes were made and the comp would expand.The only way it would happen is if the clubs that wanted to change to Fridays played eachother and the others who wanted to stay on Sat mornings played eachother. What do you think.

Goliath;367548 said:
Strange question as there is more than 1 club that wants a change. There are massive benefits for the senior and junior club if the changes were made and the comp would expand.The only way it would happen is if the clubs that wanted to change to Fridays played eachother and the others who wanted to stay on Sat mornings played eachother. What do you think.

The reality is that these changes to the junior structure have to be voted in by the clubs. I believe it is 19 votes needed for change. Not easy to pass. I will say that Lalor Stars voted for it even though it would not benefit us this year but next season yes.

cold case;367550 said:
The reality is that these changes to the junior structure have to be voted in by the clubs. I believe it is 19 votes needed for change. Not easy to pass. I will say that Lalor Stars voted for it even though it would not benefit us this year but next season yes.
I agree. Its really hard to beat the 3/4 vote system. Technically its the minority that can control the league to its detriment. Its possible to have 18 clubs with 135 teams vote yes and 8 clubs with only 27 teams say no and knock a good idea on the head. Its an extreme I know but it can happen.

Goliath;367558 said:
I agree. Its really hard to beat the 3/4 vote system. Technically its the minority that can control the league to its detriment. Its possible to have 18 clubs with 135 teams vote yes and 8 clubs with only 27 teams say no and knock a good idea on the head. Its an extreme I know but it can happen.

The only way to pass these rules is to keep pushing forward. The first thing is to have the spin doctor to sell the product. Contact the clubs and maybe set up a short meeting to educate the uneducated. If it is to work then it will stand the test of time. Dont let one knock back deter the cause.

Back