DVCA Juniors 2010/11

The Wizz

DVCA Juniors 2010/11

Good luck for the season ahead boys. Lets keep the talk about junior cricket.

Who will be the teams to beat??

Re: DVCA Juniors 2010/11

Further to my last apparently for those that are interested North east Falcons and Northern Cowboys will merge to form 1 team. Should make it interesting come selection time for the poor coaches.

Goliath;404483 said:
Further to my last apparently for those that are interested North east Falcons and Northern Cowboys will merge to form 1 team. Should make it interesting come selection time for the poor coaches.

Is there anything official to confirm this? I have not seen or heard any official commentary anywhere to confirm this is happening. If it was to happen, surely it could not happen in isolation without the carnival structure changing as well. Since you would then have fifteen teams instead of sixteen.

I have heard this in the past as a rumour only.

Goliath;404483 said:

Goliath, it would appear that this is not happening.

onemoreover;405960 said:
Goliath, it would appear that this is not happening.

A Falcons coach told me last week that its all a goer next year. It was supposed to be discussed at the DVCA juniors pre AGM as well. With Falcons training coming up I'm sure Mr Hall will enlighten us further into what the general plan is.

Goliath;405990 said:
A Falcons coach told me last week that its all a goer next year. It was supposed to be discussed at the DVCA juniors pre AGM as well. With Falcons training coming up I'm sure Mr Hall will enlighten us further into what the general plan is.

90% sure thats not happening

Goliath;405990 said:

Ok I am happy to sit with that. By the way I notice on the Premier Cricket website that there is mention of Casey-South Melbourne "finally" being aligned with a pathways region. I am only wondering here, but maybe that could have something to do with maintaining 16 teams, if the NEF and Cowboys were to amalgamated. This is also of course assuming that it means a new Pathways region will be created to align with Casey-South Melbourne. If it involves an existing Pathways region then disregard my theory on that one.

Anyway as you say Mr Hall will deliver the definitive. :)

Looks like North Metro and North-East Metro regions will be combined into one region from 2011/12 season. So it seems that the Falcons and the Cowboys will be one team. This is a CricketVictoria decision. CV only give us one Director (David Hall) anyway so they already regard both regions as one region.

onemoreover;406090 said:
Ok I am happy to sit with that. By the way I notice on the Premier Cricket website that there is mention of Casey-South Melbourne "finally" being aligned with a pathways region. I am only wondering here, but maybe that could have something to do with maintaining 16 teams, if the NEF and Cowboys were to amalgamated. This is also of course assuming that it means a new Pathways region will be created to align with Casey-South Melbourne. If it involves an existing Pathways region then disregard my theory on that one.

Anyway as you say Mr Hall will deliver the definitive. :)
Spot on theory.Apparently a south eastern region that is in a future growth corridor will be split in 2 to even up the competition. Makes it interesting to see how strong our region will become with population exploding in areas such as Whittlesea ,Diamond Creek ,Yarrambat etc. Lets hope the boys that get a gig this year make the most of it, enjoy themselves and chalk up a few wins in Falcons last year.

Goliath;405990 said:
Ummm mate you aren't a rocket scientist are you. If you want to turn up for next years Falcons season 2011/12 good luck with that. Most rep players will be turning up for this years Falcons season 2010/11. To make it easier follow a cricket calender and not a Gregorian one.

PS, Use Google if it helps.

PPS , Stop texting in slips and build a bridge.

Goliath;406132 said:
Ummm mate you aren't a rocket scientist are you. If you want to turn up for next years Falcons season 2011/12 good luck with that. Most rep players will be turning up for this years Falcons season 2010/11. To make it easier follow a cricket calender and not a Gregorian one.

:D:D:D::p Lion tamer!

bringbackdeano;406116 said:
Looks like North Metro and North-East Metro regions will be combined into one region from 2011/12 season. So it seems that the Falcons and the Cowboys will be one team. This is a CricketVictoria decision. CV only give us one Director (David Hall) anyway so they already regard both regions as one region.

Thx for input deano! It may simplify things a bit for David as well. It will also be interesting to see the effect of team performances with this move. We will get a first hand opportunity to see the critical mass theory at work.

Goliath;406132 said:

you said at first that its going ahead for 'next year' .. by 'next year' i thought you meant the next season which would be 2010/2011, and i said that i'm 90% sure thats not happening, which has been proved

so stop trying to be a hero please

Goliath;406132 said:

Goliath clearly you aren't a brain surgeon, the lion is clearly stateing that the change isn't being implimented this year (the 2010/2011 season) and is being enforced in the season following that (the 2011/2012 season)... you cray

Back