DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

The Wizz

DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

Whittlesea to be playing A grade this season can anyone confirm?? Thats a real shame for the Eagles alot of hard work ahead of them.

Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

The Wizz;402984 said:
Whittlesea to be playing A grade this season can anyone confirm?? Thats a real shame for the Eagles alot of hard work ahead of them.

They'll end up the same way that Wattle Glen ended....gone.

100% BULL;402993 said:
They'll end up the same way that Wattle Glen ended....gone.

Thats a stupid thing to say. Whittlesea have played 1 less final then you guys in the past 8 years, and that was because of Terry keays! I have never heard you come on here with a good word to say about anyone! It was only a few years ago you guys should have been in Money. Just keep paying your imports 1 day you might just get there!

The Wizz;403003 said:
Thats a stupid thing to say. Whittlesea have played 1 less final then you guys in the past 8 years, and that was because of Terry Keays! I have never heard you come on here with a good word to say about anyone! It was only a few years ago you guys should have been in Money. Just keep paying your imports 1 day you might just get there!

I'm not sure which part of what I said was stupid? Wattle Glen dropped out of the Money Shield / Reserve comp and disappeared not long after, failing to win a 'C' grade flag. It is not inconcieveable that Whittlesea could do the same.

The rest of your comment is crap that gets hurled our way regulalry, we're confident enough in what we are doing to worry about it. In the 25 years I've been there we've rarely been stronger.

The Wizz;403003 said:
Thats a stupid thing to say. Whittlesea have played 1 less final then you guys in the past 8 years, and that was because of Terry keays! I have never heard you come on here with a good word to say about anyone! It was only a few years ago you guys should have been in Money. Just keep paying your imports 1 day you might just get there!

Gee thanks Wizz.
It is only a coincidence that Bundoora, South Morang and Riverside haven't played in a Flag since I left. :D Only joking.
All clubs are very strong at this point in time, and very well run I must say.

This is on the DVCA website....

DVCA Executive met on Monday 5 July
to decide senior gradings for 2010-11 under the new structure
BS, MS, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H (ie. no Barclay Reserve or Money Reserve)
Suggested gradings to be relased to clubs by 12 July

legend of a bear;403116 said:
100% Bull, might finally be a chance to win all those bets about one day playing "A" grade :rolleyes:
Don't worry Bear, already worded up the coach & match committee - Not gonna happen.

legend of a bear;403116 said:
100% Bull, might finally be a chance to win all those bets about one day playing "A" grade :rolleyes:

It was only one bet although it was talked about enough to give you the impression it was many bets. Unfortunatley it had a ten year expiry on it that finished about ten years ago.

I havent given up hope though:)

100% BULL;403004 said:
I'm not sure which part of what I said was stupid? Wattle Glen dropped out of the Money Shield / Reserve comp and disappeared not long after, failing to win a 'C' grade flag. It is not inconcieveable that Whittlesea could do the same.

I don't think Wattle Glen actually dropped out of Money Shield/Reserve, they were told by the DVCA you only have one side in the comp so you have to play C grade.

100% BULL;403302 said:
It was only one bet although it was talked about enough to give you the impression it was many bets. Unfortunatley it had a ten year expiry on it that finished about ten years ago.

I havent given up hope though:)
Sorry Craig but clubs voted last night at the Pre AGM that gradings will be Barclay Shield, Money Shield then 'B' grade - not 'A'.
So will be BS,MS,B,C,D,E,F,G,H & I.

THE PREZ;403714 said:
Sorry Craig but clubs voted last night at the Pre AGM that gradings will be Barclay Shield, Money Shield then 'B' grade - not 'A'.

The way it should be!

THE PREZ;403714 said:

Should get Rory back to Captain that team. Clearly he's in over his head trying to coach the DV u/21 team. :D

legend of a bear;403750 said:
Should get Rory back to Captain that team. Clearly he's in over his head trying to coach the DV u/21 team. :D

No chance of me getting a B grade game then given that I was the bloke that sacked him.;) BTW I havent seen Voice of the Valley on bigcricket for some time, where have you been Sarg?

100% BULL;404076 said:
No chance of me getting a B grade game then given that I was the bloke that sacked him.;) BTW I havent seen Voice of the Valley on bigcricket for some time, where have you been Sarg?

how were you able to do that? -i tried for 5 years to get JD as captain!

THE PREZ;403714 said:

Any reason why the grade lettering was changed PREZ??

Re: DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

With the new gradings now set in concrete I would like to see D grade go to 80 overs purely for clubs that don't have their 3rd's in B or C grade. At least trial it for a season.

Back