DVCA MONEY SHIELD 2021/22

I was down there watching this one. There was an issue with the tablet.
Bundoora Park won comfortably in the end.
Must have been watching a different game.
Game was called off because one of the umpires collapsed. By the time the ambos got off the ground it was 5:30 so they pulled the pin.
Recovering well in hospital by all reports which is clearly the most important thing out of it all.

Must have been watching a different game.
Game was called off because one of the umpires collapsed. By the time the ambos got off the ground it was 5:30 so they pulled the pin.
Recovering well in hospital by all reports which is clearly the most important thing out of it all.
Good to hear it sounds like the ump is on the mend

I'm sure all umpires are ecstatic to be officiating an extra 10 overs on a hot Saturday afternoon

OH&S

Haha jog on, two umpires can request two more drinks breaks, summer sport it gets hot.

True you can have extra drinks and yes it's summer and Australia, but there is probably a fair point to be made regarding the duty of care towards the umpires. We all know that quite a few are getting on in age, no offence of course, there may also be some underlying medical issues. We may not be far off the DVCA requesting umpires over a certain age get a medical before the season starts.

DVCA umpiring as a whole needs a bit of an overhaul/re-jig. Understand it's hard but at least at B-Grade level there should be 1 umpire per match. Good to hear the umpire is recovering well though must have been a scary time.

Interesting convo on Barclay Thread about what would the side be in a comp game.

Back in the day they used to pick a side for Money Shield to play Jika's Div2. Here is mine if they were to do now:

1. David Worthington (Lalor Stars)
2. Joel Thompson (Bundoora United)
3. Ruwinda Shaman (Montmorency)
4. Rocky Sharma (Rosebank)
5. Rubal Singh-Dillon (Bundoora Park)
6. Sunny Tagar (Bundoora)
7. Corey Cogan (Bundoora United)
8. Thilina Herath (Bundoora Park)
9. Scott Barnett (Bundoora United)
10. Paul Higgins (Lalor Stars)
11. Sam Farmer (Montmorency)

From what I’ve seen so far,
Groom
Thompson
Shaman
Zull
Rocky Sharma
Dushan wickramarathna
Cogan
Gaylard
Farmer
Singh-Dillon
Marnell
12th- Bainbridge

Frog box is a great invention to watch some highlights from some games. Lalor coach Nixon carried on like an absolute pork chop on the weekend, when bowling and when he was given out LBW. Umpires hard to come by at the moment should face some sort of sanction.

Frog box is a great invention to watch some highlights from some games. Lalor coach Nixon carried on like an absolute pork chop on the weekend, when bowling and when he was given out LBW. Umpires hard to come by at the moment should face some sort of sanction.
Hardly carried on when given LBW - bit of a point to the pad

when you get given out and the ball hits your thigh pad think he can be a tad upset, then when he was bowling JT smashes the ball down leg side to the keeper and given not out. You are correct he will face a sanction and that’s too play in a T20 final on Tuesday night come down and have a watch. We could even serve some pork chops if you like

when you get given out and the ball hits your thigh pad think he can be a tad upset, then when he was bowling JT smashes the ball down leg side to the keeper and given not out. You are correct he will face a sanction and that’s too play in a T20 final on Tuesday night come down and have a watch. We could even serve some pork chops if you like
He had every right to carry on. Play on for mine

I think it's safe to say if Eltham get up tomorrow it's curtains for OPs. Top 6 all playing each other which makes for a massive round.

Back