Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

CowCorner

Alright is time to move away from last years thread and the rumours thread.

Here we go Season 2011/12.

Money Shield talk only.

Here's my prediction for Money Shield this season

1. Montmorency
2. Old Paradians/St Francis
3. Greensborough
4. South Morang
----------------------------
5. Eltham

Relegation - Mill Park

1 Lower Plenty
2 Eltham
3 St Francis
4 Monty
8 Mill Park
9 Bund Untd
10 Panton Hill
11 T'Town
12 W'Sea

Just going on what I hear about the coach can't b good for the club and the loss of stuart wright
But I still they have 1 of the best allrounders in the comp
In matt mickelson!

stu is a big loss your right , but snowy regardless of the talk the bloke can bat

also have picked up a opening bat and a few younger blokes coming through who gained from experience of playing MS last year

hoping on improving on last years efforts

1 Lower Plenty
2 Eltham
3 St Francis
4 Monty
8 Mill Park
9 Bund Untd
10 Panton Hill
11 T'Town
12 W'Sea

1 Eltham
2 Lower Plenty
3 Greensy
4 Mill Park
5 Mont
6 Riverside
7 St Francis
8 Sth Morang
9 Thomo Utd
10 Bundoora Utd
11 Whittlesea
12 Panton Hill

We had a pretty good hit out against TU last weekend. They looked pretty solid with some good depth and great in the field. Best of luck to them this season, they should do fairly well i think.

Also thanks to Matty Mickleson for my first inner thigh bruise of the year! He looks in good form early on...

I'll have a crack

1 Eltham- Seems strange to put Elthams name at the top of the list but with the pick ups they have this season and the couple of players they already had at the club the challenge for them is to develop a winning culture after years of targetting survival. Gutto, Kenell added to Minney, Davies and with Chrimes forms a good batting spine. Still need to take 10 wickets though.

2 Lower Plenty - Never know what to believe on here, but if they can field most of their side from last year then I'd expect them to be in a position to try and do what they should have done the last two years. Crook isn't a big loss hopefully they replace him with young talent.

3 Thomo Utd - Not sure I'd want to board any ship that Snowy was captain of, but If they don't implode they'll continue their impressive improvement from last season. Stuart Wright is a massive loss but much 150 runs at 17 much of what they achieved last year was on the back of other players. Snowy can bat and IF he has a decent year I expect them to be a chance of going up. Matt George is a really talented bat and needs to start batting like one. Hope he bats in their top order this year.

4 St Francis - Last year they took about 8 games to post a score, a few handy cricketers, but very reliant on Duggin. I'd think they'll play much better cricket this year.

5 Greensy - Good competitors, well drilled side, bat a bit, bowl a bit but not sure how they'll go without their two best players Ray Kelsey.

6 Mont - Felt they overachieved a little last year, no idea if they've picked anyone up but I'd expect them to field a similar side minus donaldson. If Whale murders some bowling figures and A Stuart has a good year then they'll be there abouts.

7 Sth Morang - Probably went backwards a little last year but would be very happy to have Jake Zeralla back and I hope for his sake he picks up where he left off.

8 Mill Park - Few young guys in the side so expect them to improve, not a stellar bowling line up, but if the youngs guys help them post a couple of scores around 200, then more often than not in Money shield that gets you across the line.

9 Riverside - Very good for a club to be able to prepare players in Money shield to come up to Barclay shield. With that in mind i think Riverside will be really keen to put a side out on the park that competes. Where they'll fit in amongst the rest I'm not sure.As from about this point on you could probably through a blanket over the sides. If a couple of older guys come down from Barclay I'm sure they'll be competitive.

10 Panton Hill - Motschall Ford Mash. Without Grimshaw I think the rest are picked from the local chook raffle. Great guys, so I hope they win a few and stay up. If ford and Motsch have good years and some other guys pipe up with timely runs then they should.

11 Bundoora Utd - Could finish 11th or could land middle of the table. Too good to go down, with Matt Ross doing a good job in pretty tough conditions playing out of a shed over there.

12 Whittlesea - Have a new coach, but last time they were up they were the worst side by a considerable margin. Were unlucky to be put down, and lucky to be put up. If they want to survive in the long run then they probably need to prove me wrong and stay up. Good luck to them

1. Eltham 6 bats 5 bowlers =11
2. Lower Plenty 6 top 50 bats 5 top bowlers = 11
3. Greensborough 4 top 50 bats 6 bowlers = 10
4. Mont 5 top 50 bats 3top 50 bowlers = 8
12. Sth Morang 4 top 50 bats 4 bowlers = 8
11.Bun U 5 top 50 bats 3 bowlers = 8
8. Panton Hill 4 top 50 bats 4 bowlers = 8
5. St.Franks 3 top 50 bats 4 bowlers = 7
6. Thomo 2 top 50 bats 4 bowlers = 6
7. Mill Park 3 top 50 bats 3 bowlers = 6
9. Riverside 2 bats 4 bowlers = 6
10.Whittlesea 2 bats, same 2, bowlers = 2

Tongs, anything to report from yesterdays game? I was up the river playing golf but hear that there may have been a few dodgy dealings and slow play may have been involved that led to the draw.

That was the rumours last night at the Barooga Sporties anyway.

Tongs, anything to report from yesterdays game? I was up the river playing golf but hear that there may have been a few dodgy dealings and slow play may have been involved that led to the draw.

That was the rumours last night at the Barooga Sporties anyway.

WTF ?? Only 26 overs bowled in 2nd innings ???
Is daylight until 7pm+ - how slow did they play.... what time did the game finish..?
Surely an investigation to follow...?

Was Tongs to scared to come out and bat...

Good to see nothings changed at Eltham though, Minney 72, then not much else...

Been told they were trying to chase the runs in 2hrs
Which was all the time they were allowed to bat for?
3rd wicket partnership of 111 runs between Minney/G.Sceney?

Good win by the boys from the Hill I c, Motchy looking set for a big year!

Been told they were trying to chase the runs in 2hrs
Which was all the time they were allowed to bat for?
3rd wicket partnership of 111 runs between Minney/G.Sceney?

Good win by the boys from the Hill I c, Motchy looking set for a big year!

Only 26 overs bowled in 2 hours ....?

Can anyone from Eltham / Sth Morang comment - something sadly amiss here...???????

There were a few ugly clouds that missed us and looked like they were out in that South Morang/Epping area. Perhaps they were unlucky and got dumped on?

Yes South Morang did get dumped on big time. We lost about 45-1hr after Eltham were already slighty behind time already. But as the council dumped massive amounts of dirt on the ground in the lead up to the start of the season there were a few areas of concern before play could be restarted. It was agreed upon after a while that we would go back out and see if either side could get a result before the 6.30pm deadline. At this stage Eltham still had to bowl 2.3 overs. Once SMCC finished their innings and had change over Eltham had about 1hr 45m to chase the runs or we had to bowl them out otherwise if it hit 6.30pm it was a draw. Both teams knew the situation and wanted to try and get the 6pts and the end result was a pretty exciting finish with Morang needing 2 wickets and Eltham needed about 8 runs. In the end the game was fought out in good spirits and Thanks to the Eltham boys that hung around, Good Luck for the rest of the year.

Yes South Morang did get dumped on big time. We lost about 45-1hr after Eltham were already slighty behind time already. But as the council dumped massive amounts of dirt on the ground in the lead up to the start of the season there were a few areas of concern before play could be restarted. It was agreed upon after a while that we would go back out and see if either side could get a result before the 6.30pm deadline. At this stage Eltham still had to bowl 2.3 overs. Once SMCC finished their innings and had change over Eltham had about 1hr 45m to chase the runs or we had to bowl them out otherwise if it hit 6.30pm it was a draw. Both teams knew the situation and wanted to try and get the 6pts and the end result was a pretty exciting finish with Morang needing 2 wickets and Eltham needed about 8 runs. In the end the game was fought out in good spirits and Thanks to the Eltham boys that hung around, Good Luck for the rest of the year.

There is an investigation into the game/result. Until then I won't go into it.

But all I will say is a number of Eltham boys refused to have a beer after the game, and this was well and truely deserved after the disgraceful conduct by South Morang. The above comment is completely and utterly inaccurate. But as I said, i will wait till the DVCA go through their investigation before commenting further.

1- Lower Plenty
2- Montmorency
3- Eltham
4- Mill Park
5- Old Paradians/St Francis
6- Greensborough
7- Thomastown United
8- Bundoora United
9- South Morang
10- Riverside
11- Panton Hill
12- Whittlesea