Dvca, Nmca And Hdca To Merge

Which Association Clubs will benefit the most from this merger

• Total voters

sam_j_adams

A Special Meeting of representatives of the DVCA, NMCA and HDCA was held on Wednesday, called by Cricket Victoria, to be told of changes to the structure of cricket in the northern suburbs.

Basically, all three associations are to merge, effectively from the end of season 2010/2011. The Junior Competitions will be the first to merge, beginning in season 2011/2012, with the seniors to follow in the subsequent season after some dynamics have been sorted out.

Attached is the official announcement of this decision.

Attachments

• Cricket in Northern Region.pdf
    146.1 KB · Views: 22
What a nightmare. It was hard enough getting people to understand the removal of barclay reserve and money reserve.

My initial reaction is that this doesnt benefit the dvca, and isnt something I'd support personally or as a club exec (If I was one still). Cant answer the survey because I dont know who will benefit, or more importantly how they will benefit?

Love the association as is, luv playing riverside, mont, lowers, creek, plenty, etc, as is this is deminishing. Dont need to play a bunch of rabble from NMCA, 86 grades, 50 clubs, 3 sides per club, that type of thing.

Bigger isnt better.

Assume the DVCA will need a vote of clubs to merge, cant see it getting up.

My initial reaction is that this doesnt benefit the dvca, and isnt something I'd support personally or as a club exec (If I was one still). Cant answer the survey because I dont know who will benefit, or more importantly how they will benefit?

Love the association as is, luv playing riverside, mont, lowers, creek, plenty, etc, as is this is deminishing. Dont need to play a bunch of rabble from NMCA, 86 grades, 50 clubs, 3 sides per club, that type of thing.

Bigger isnt better.

Assume the DVCA will need a vote of clubs to merge, cant see it getting up.

Well said 100% Bull.

No matter what grade we all play- the beauty of it is you can develop serious rivalries, bonds and most important of all, friendships with the blokes you play against year in year out.

Surely with so many teams, across so many different areas, this would be diminished.

I hate the idea already- and I cant see how anything will change my mind. This is gonna be a tough sell.

There will be wildly different view on if this is positive or negative from many people in each association. I guess we need to have faith that all three associations and Cricket Victoria have already considered and discussed this in great detail and come to the conclusion it would be positive for the region... The detail will be interesting though...

One thing is for sure, the rep side will be unbelievable!!! Just need a decent comp to play against! lol

I think they might run it like a NFL or NBA type system... Where the comp is split by divisions so for e.g 2 divisions in A grade made up of 8 teams and then top 4,3 etc play off against each other to reach the final . Each team would play team would play once against each team in both divisions. More one dayers would need to be played! That's my guess without knowing the details

Interesting thing will be which clubs are in A grade. Would it be equal amount of teams from each comp? I think it would be unfair on Barclay Shield clubs to have same number of NMCA or HDCA teams in the grade as it clearly has the better teams.Would there be a grading system?

It's inevitable that local clubs will start merging in the current climate. A lot of clubs are struggling to get numbers to trainings, juniors memberships etc.

Update from what I have heard today:

Was based on a discussion held b/n the 3 comps and Cricket Vic last year..

Will definitely go ahead next year for the juniors.
Juniors will be graded from u11 thru to u17.
Comps will be structured to play on different days of the week.

So say for example:
Under 11 & under 13 on Mondays
Under 12 & under 17 on Fridays
Under 14 & under 16 on Saturdays
Under 15 Wednesdays etc…

So depending on what age team you have and when your club wishes to play, you nominate for that comp.
So for eg. A current graduating under 12-1 team, next year could nominate to play u14 on Saturdays or maybe u’13 on Mondays.

Club can make the choice and change each year.(subject to availability)

The senior comp is a little more complex and unlikely to form in the next 2-3 years.
However said will follow similar path to juniors in that there will be a few different comps.

-One day comp
-Two day comp (same as current dvca)
-Mixed 1 & 2 day comp (same as current HDCA & NMCA)
-Vets
- maybe even Saturday or Sunday cricket ???
Etc…
many detials on structure etc.. still to be nutted out.

Again clubs can choose to nominate teams in which ever comp they choose. Teams will then be graded accordingly.

A lot more complex to work out than the juniors hence why the delay.
They need to decide how to grade clubs from diff comps if they choose same grades etc…
Player qualifications for each grade…

Lots to work out.

On Monday at the DVCA exec meeting, they will call for 2 dvca reps to form part of the steering committee with the other 2 comps.
One final recommendation was that in the new senior structure, clubs with only 2-3 teams are unlikely to survive.(well not easily anyway)
It was recommended that all clubs seriously evaluate where they are at and to look at possible mergers with their neighbours in the coming year or so.

Interesting times ahead…

What terrible news. Can someone tell me the benefit of this proposal? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The only loser here is the DVCA. Can someone tell me the most northern and southern clubs from these 3 associations? I have no idea but I'm guessing it's a fair drive. I want to play cricket locally. I don't want to travel more than 20 mins for a cricket match, if I did I'd be playing for Plenty Valley. We have to stop this somehow. Can RV, DC, LP, MY, LE, EL, NEW, PY, BU, go their own way and create the old DVCA again?

Are ya guys serious What about developing and playing the best cricket possible !
What a great Idea Fully supportive would clearly be the best comp going round !

And Juniors first? Christ it's hard enough to get parents to help transport kids from one suburb to the next let alone across the area that will be covered by this "super" comp. Shit is this what happens when the Poms beat us and Vics have f### all representation in national sides.

Are ya guys serious What about developing and playing the best cricket possible !
What a great Idea Fully supportive would clearly be the best comp going round !

I'm pretty sure the best comp going around is Premier Cricket. If you want to play the best cricket possible go play Premier Cricket. If you want to play "local" cricket play local cricket. The only problem is this super comp won't be local anymore.

A Special Meeting of representatives of the DVCA, NMCA and HDCA was held on Wednesday, called by Cricket Victoria, to be told of changes to the structure of cricket in the northern suburbs.

Basically, all three associations are to merge, effectively from the end of season 2010/2011. The Junior Competitions will be the first to merge, beginning in season 2011/2012, with the seniors to follow in the subsequent season after some dynamics have been sorted out.

Attached is the official announcement of this decision.
i would say nmca would be the big winner's here basically the league has been going downhill for a few years now

If this goes thru there'll be plenty of clubs that'll fold or diminish in size. Good for the dog owners with more grounds classified as dog secure parks. Rrrf

I'm pretty sure the best comp going around is Premier Cricket. If you want to play the best cricket possible go play Premier Cricket. If you want to play "local" cricket play local cricket. The only problem is this super comp won't be local anymore.

here hear!

Back