DVCA Off-Season 202021

Possibly

great idea in theory but I can see issues with clubs finding people more so out side of the ones
Absolutely.

I mean in the lower grades it might have to be a scorer that runs the drinks out as well.
Who knows at this stage.
Could clubs afford to pay $50 cash for the day to a dedicated person?
If the bars can stay open I can’t see there being a problem but that’s just another hurdle.
In 2 months we will have a clearer picture hopefully.

Hopefully no major restrictions on the amount of people clubs can have inside, functions are a big aspect of our clubs fundraising and it would be a big hit financially but most importantly for the morale of the place if we can't host any functions.

Hopefully no major restrictions on the amount of people clubs can have inside, functions are a big aspect of our clubs fundraising and it would be a big hit financially but most importantly for the morale of the place if we can't host any functions.

Clubs could very well use the ovals themselves for the “venue”

that way people are able to gather in the larger groups and not inclined to hang around one area.

obviously Vic Gov and liquor boards would need to be on board.

That’s great news.
Is there a link to the changes?

MYCA COVID GUIDELINES FOR MATCHES
1. Home sides will not provide Tea or Drinks - every Player and umpires are required to bring their own food and Drinks. NO SHARING OF ANY FOOD OR DRINKS. It is recommended that players to use sanitizer during the breaks
2. 2. Home team will be responsible to have a bottle of sanitizer on hand for disposable. It is recommended that every team has organised themselves a bottle of Sanitizer
3. 3. Ban on SALIVA to be used to shine the ball: As per the new law of ICC, Saliva cannot be used/applied to the ball. Shining of the ball must be done in full view of the umpires.
This will be strictly enforced by umpires during the season. Penalties to breach this guideline will incure :
a) 5-run penalty as the umpires for every instance after the first warning. If it continues this would be category 1 offence and the player in question and captain will incur one match suspension
b) First instance for the offending clubs can expect to have to replace the ball.
4. The Covid Guidelines from the Victorian Government & Cricket Victoria must be adhered to. Below are certain examples of guidelines which does not :
a) Celebrations after wickets - players are not to give bowlers high fives after wickets. Umpires will
step in each player involved in skin-to-skin high fives will be asked to use the hand sanitiser that Home team has brought. If this is unavailable or they repeat the practice, they must leave the field one by one to wash their hands immediately.
b) Team huddles and chats - players in a circle must spread out much wider than they are used to - - one-third of the way up the pitch to be safely separated.
c) Conversations by batsmen between overs, or between captains and bowlers, must be conducted at a 1.5 metre distance - further than from the popping crease to the stumps. No getting up close and personal.
d) Batting side captains must remind their players and onlookers to be seated at least 1.5 metre apart. Home sides must provide separate tables for the scorers if necessary so that they are 1.5 metres apart.
It is recommended that Away team also carries a table themselves for their scorer to be able to sit apart
e) All players are generally stay at least a meter apart where possible, eg when sitting, scoring. It is also recommended that every team/player brings in their own camping chair or spread themselves around the ground if there is not enough sitting space available.

At the end of the day, you're all touching the same cricket ball so I wonder just how realistically effective most of these guidelines are if someone takes the field without knowing they are infected. Would probably be more effective to allow shining the ball with hand sanitiser.

At the end of the day, you're all touching the same cricket ball so I wonder just how realistically effective most of these guidelines are if someone takes the field without knowing they are infected. Would probably be more effective to allow shining the ball with hand sanitiser.

Exactly, when it’s 35 degrees going to be near impossible for players to not be sweating and touch the ball. Regardless of shining or not

Exactly, when it’s 35 degrees going to be near impossible for players to not be sweating and touch the ball. Regardless of shining or not
Based on the Grand Final fiasco's earlier this year I dont hold much confidence is the DVCA actually having any plan for this. They will only be planning a start date and when grounds will be available. Then they will be planning on how to give themselves a pay increase and where the Barclay GF will be held so they can go for the free luch.

Based on the Grand Final fiasco's earlier this year I dont hold much confidence is the DVCA actually having any plan for this. They will only be planning a start date and when grounds will be available. Then they will be planning on how to give themselves a pay increase and where the Barclay GF will be held so they can go for the free luch.
Didn’t think there was much wrong with the GF “fiasco”

comp pushed until Cricket Vic / Aus got involved and forced the council to shut it down.
Harsh to pin a global pandemic on a local cricket board.

What could the comp have done better? They did everything they could.

What could the comp have done better? They did everything they could.
Very different for Money Shield. School closed access to the day 2 final on the Monday and said they would not be allowed to play there. DVCA had an opportunity to move the game to get a result, Play at Plenty Park on the Sunday reserve day was the preference. They voted to leave it to the clubs to decide if they want to play. As you could imagine Lalor were not keen so Banyule spent the whole week meeting with the school and Lalor but still had to keep DVCA in the loop. Parade then said they were happy for the game to go ahead, and only then did the DVCA become interested again on the Friday. Between Friday morning and Friday arvo Parade went back on their word, before the DVCA were called off officially late Friday night. That was out of the DVCA’s hands, but they never had any interest in getting money up. Secretary and coach had a long week.

Barclay and Mash different story.

Having to bring your own food and drinks too, I mean really? Everyone pretty much uses throw away plastic cups or washes the glasses after use so why ban that? You can go to a restaurant and eat with cutlery that who knows how many people have used before you, of course they are washed too. You can buy any amount of take away that has the person prepare your food, this just seems ridiculous. Where were all these restrictions last year when influenza killed over 1000 Australians?

You poor miserable soul.

The comp did the best they could. Great hindsight to know what was going to go down from the starting weekend of the GF onwards. Of course you could say "why didn't they play the reserve day" - but no one on earth could predict how quickly everything blew up covid wise. It's local cricket at the end of the day.

Back