DVCA Off-Season 2021

For shield grades at least 🤦‍♂️
Does any one on here have any experience with the executive or how they go about it?

Who actually does the fixture? Is it a collaborative effort? Does one person look after it?

Can't remember who it is but there's always one guy chiming in about doing it ourselves if we want to complain.

For 5 figures I will gladly put it together, I'd love to see the PD's of everyone running this show.

BS - Premier NEW, Relegation Lower Eltham, Comp Medal Todd Hughes, Stab in the dark prediction- Diamo to drop off and be in the drop zone
MS - Premier Bundoora, Relegation Eltham, Comp Medal Sunny Taggar, Stab in the dark prediction - Lalor Stars to not make finals
Mash Shield - Premier Whittlesea, Comp Medal Nathan Flower - Greensborough to make the top 4

Really interested to see how Rosebank go in Money Shield and also to see how Plenty fair, I reckon they might slide if the main man isn't playing.
Interesting to see 6 out of the 10 teams are all from the Plenty road side of things in Mash Shield, cricket as a whole struggling in those regions?

Us Plenty Rd clubs seem to be stuck in a bit of traffic.
Looking around at the demographics of the area though, it’s a more younger family area and the kids that will see us through the next 10-20 years are only just starting now.

Barclay Shield:
Premier: Riverside
Relegation: Research Eltham
Comp Medal: Nathan Chrimes
Stab in the dark: Heidelberg don’t put up 200+ in a game for the second consecutive year

Money Shield:
Premier: Rosebank
Relegation: Old Paradians
Comp Medal: Rocky Sharma
Stab in the dark: None of last year’s finals sides to make it this year

Mash Shield:
Premier: Mill Park
Spoon: Thomastown
Comp Medal: Nathan Andrews
Stab in the dark: Whittlesea to put up 300+ at least 3 times throughout the season

Does any one on here have any experience with the executive or how they go about it?

Who actually does the fixture? Is it a collaborative effort? Does one person look after it?

Can't remember who it is but there's always one guy chiming in about doing it ourselves if we want to complain.

For 5 figures I will gladly put it together, I'd love to see the PD's of everyone running this show.
There is a fixturing manager ( Operations Manager) - Josephine Turner - She would normally present at least 2 options for playing dates and the DVCA exec would vote on the proposals. Options would be non playing on certain dates, requests from clubs etc. Bit difficult with a playing date unknown until recently but probably could have had some contingencies in place. Has been agreed as of last night all Shield Grades are 45 overs and start at 12.00pm.

There is a fixturing manager ( Operations Manager) - Josephine Turner - She would normally present at least 2 options for playing dates and the DVCA exec would vote on the proposals. Options would be non playing on certain dates, requests from clubs etc. Bit difficult with a playing date unknown until recently but probably could have had some contingencies in place. Has been agreed as of last night all Shield Grades are 45 overs and start at 12.00pm.
Thanks mate. Am I being naïve to think that the playing dates would not be that hard to put together? Pencil in every Saturday from October to March and see if you need any reserve days. Just seems like something you could do over winter. No doubt this year and last posed challenges, I've just always been curious as to why fixtures take so long in general. You have all the information you need from previous seasons end, for shield grades that is.

Thanks mate. Am I being naïve to think that the playing dates would not be that hard to put together? Pencil in every Saturday from October to March and see if you need any reserve days. Just seems like something you could do over winter. No doubt this year and last posed challenges, I've just always been curious as to why fixtures take so long in general. You have all the information you need from previous seasons end, for shield grades that is.
Thats for the playing dates which is easy. But you have to wait for clubs to nominate which sides they are entering, wait on councils to tell you which grounds are available/not available and then clubs wish to enter extra sides and also withdraw sides. Also wherever possible most clubs like their 1st Eleven at home and second eleven away. All that goes into the melting pot. Shield grades easy as they dont change but the rest can be a nightmare.

Thats for the playing dates which is easy. But you have to wait for clubs to nominate which sides they are entering, wait on councils to tell you which grounds are available/not available and then clubs wish to enter extra sides and also withdraw sides. Also wherever possible most clubs like their 1st Eleven at home and second eleven away. All that goes into the melting pot. Shield grades easy as they dont change but the rest can be a nightmare.
Yeah I'm looking through the shield grade lense, wonder if they'd consider releasing them separately. The rest would no doubt be a nightmare, no complaints there.

Us Plenty Rd clubs seem to be stuck in a bit of traffic.
Looking around at the demographics of the area though, it’s a more younger family area and the kids that will see us through the next 10-20 years are only just starting now.
Fair shout, I thought that about Sth Morang years ago but didn't eventuate. Ideally the teams further away are strong, makes the journey more meaningful.

Barclay Shield:
Premier: Heidelberg
Relegation: Lower Eltham
Comp Medal: Chris Salm
Stab in the dark: Banuyle start the season 0-4

Money Shield:
Premier: Bundoora United
Relegation: Eltham
Comp Medal: Joel Thompson
Stab in the dark: Eltham to go winless

Mash Shield:
Premier: Lower Plenty
Relegation: Hurstbridge
Comp Medal: Bill Jenkin
Stab in the dark: Don’t really have one.

Yeah I'm looking through the shield grade lense, wonder if they'd consider releasing them separately. The rest would no doubt be a nightmare, no complaints there.
You can't do the fixtures for the shield grades (or any one or more of them) alone; to do the fixture for any shield grade you also have to simultaneously do the fixtures for all grades in which any of the shield grade's 2nd XIs play (because they share a ground); and also at the same time, all the grades in which any other team in that shield team's 2nd XI grade shares a ground.

In other words, it's all grades at once, or none.

Of course, if they still had the Shield/Reserve system, you could do each shield grade separately as a self-contained system, and then all the lower grades as a 4th separate (but complex - see above) system.

Barclay Shield:
Premier: Riverside
Relegation: Lower Eltham
Comp Medal: Chrimes
Stab in the dark: Epping to play in the GF

Money Shield:
Premier: BU
Relegation: Eltham
Comp Medal: Sunny Taggar
Stab in the dark: Ranasingha to make 500+ runs, take 15+ wickets

Mash Shield:
Premier: Laurimar