DVCA Off-Season 2021

No, we are still Research Eltham Collegians CC and our 3rds, 4ths, 5th etc will play there.

I wish you didn't. I reckon I've been there every season for the last few, either on the slow, wet ground dodging roopoo or dodging roopoo and snakes on the ground with a hump in the pitch. Good times....at least the beers are cold though.

Cheers. Was it always the plan to play higher grades at RP? Obviously its got great facilities now.
Since the merge 12 years ago Research Park has always been the main ground, except when ground and pavilion were getting works completed.

I wish you didn't. I reckon I've been there every season for the last few, either on the slow, wet ground dodging roopoo or dodging roopoo and snakes on the ground with a hump in the pitch. Good times....at least the beers are cold though.
I hear you on that😁. I’d hate to see what the water bill is at the College, because it could rain for a week and you could guarantee the sprinklers would be flat out.

Was like playing in 100 percent humidity once the sun came out🥵

One-Day Matches – Overs
- In Shield Grades only, each team can bat for a total of 45 overs. Bowlers will be restricted to a maximum of 9 overs each.
- The Tea Interval will be taken at the conclusion of the innings of the team batting first, or at the conclusion of 45 overs.
- There will be no changes to current conditions which apply to Grades B and below.

One-Day Matches – Start Time
- In Shield Grades only, matches will start at 12.00pm. In all other Grades matches will start at 12.30pm.

One-Day Matches – Fielding restrictions
In Shield Grades only, fielding restrictions will apply as follows,
- For the first 9 overs two players only will be allowed outside the restriction ring. o For overs 10-18 three players only will be allowed outside the ring
-For overs 19-27 four players only will be allowed outside the ring
- From overs 28 onwards five players only will be allowed outside the ring
- No fielding restrictions will apply in Grades B and below.

Hearing that T20’s will remain in that god awful Tuesday night time slot after some talk over the off season that they would be moved to Thursday’s. Can anyone give me a logical reason as to why they wouldn’t be played on a Thursday night? Just an absolute no brainer for mine.

Last edited:
Hearing that T20’s will remain in that god awful Tuesday night time slot after some talk over the off season that they would be moved to Thursday’s. Can anyone give me a logical reason as to why they wouldn’t be played on a Thursday night? Just an absolute no brainer for mine.
Tuesday is good, never had an issue with it. would be way worse Thursday night . Teams wouldn't be picked untill the Friday?

Tuesday is good, never had an issue with it. would be way worse Thursday night . Teams wouldn't be picked untill the Friday?
Tuesday’s are grim. No one wants to be there as it’s nowhere near the end of the working week. If you played on a Thursday night, the entire vibe would be different given you’re only a day out from the weekend. Clubs would also be able to cash in over the bar.

Name the teams after the game/online? Non issue.

Last edited:
Tuesday’s are grim. No one wants to be there as it’s nowhere near the end of the working week. If you played on a Thursday night, the entire vibe would be different given you’re only a day out from the weekend. Clubs would also be able to cash in over the bar.

Name the teams after the game/online? Non issue.
If you care about clubs making money shouldn't it be Tuesday so clubs still make money Tuesday and then again Thursday for selections? I enjoy playing in them Tuesday as it does breaks up the week.

Hey mate you've played all year in the twos but you're now in the threes, finding that out online. Now that's grim

If you care about clubs making money shouldn't it be Tuesday so clubs still make money Tuesday and then again Thursday for selections? I enjoy playing in them Tuesday as it does breaks up the week.

Hey mate you've played all year in the twos but you're now in the threes, finding that out online. Now that's grim
I reckon there is merit in the Thursday fixture. The club can still train in the nets at most grounds without intruding on the match, stay around for a meal and once the game is done, opposition can come up, spend some money and have a meal at another club for a change. Selection to follow.
With regards to finding out where you are playing, it's probably more onus on the coach to make the time to chat during the week to the player if they're in the gun and potentially going to be dropped, well a good coach at least would do that rather than dropping it in selection. I agree it's a missed opportunity to play these games on a Thursday.

Back