DVCA Off-Season 2021

What's everyone's thoughts on the comp calling the game off before Saturday? I know there has been instances in the past where this has happened, and the day turned out fine for cricket (which to happen in round 1 would simply be diabolical) however it's pretty obvious looking at the radar we are pushing shi% up hill this week.

What's everyone's thoughts on the comp calling the game off before Saturday? I know there has been instances in the past where this has happened, and the day turned out fine for cricket (which to happen in round 1 would simply be diabolical) however it's pretty obvious looking at the radar we are pushing shi% up hill this week.
Would love the comp to do so, but even if it doesn’t I’ll be playing the rain card on Friday night! 🍺

I think you have to wait until Saturday morning, 10am at the latest to call it off otherwise report to grounds. If you find yourself in the situation where you are happy not to play then it's probably time to hang the pads up and sit at the bar.

Interesting development in Queenscliff. What will DVCA do should it happen here?

Attachments

• 4EBC1782-992E-44D8-8F9F-BD0FD621BAE9.png
    4EBC1782-992E-44D8-8F9F-BD0FD621BAE9.png
    387.4 KB · Views: 56
Did i miss something.

Do batsmen in G Grade have to retire at 50.

I saw two batsmen (including Ray Kelsey) retire, but i saw one game in G2, where the team made 1/250+ with a batsmen making over 100.

What is the actual deal.

Did i miss something.

I saw two batsmen (including Ray Kelsey) retire, but i saw one game in G2, where the team made 1/250+ with a batsmen making over 100.

What is the actual deal.

I’d imagine that N.E.W. Would lose their points in this game. Absolutely no excuse not to know the rules of the competition. It’s pretty straightforward, batsmen in G Grades must retire at 50 and only comeback once everyone has batted.

Did i miss something.

What is the actual deal.

Yep gotta retire at 50 in all G grade matches, I only found out when one of the guys in the opposition walked off after his 50. You can come back in after everyone else has batted. Apparently a couple of high grade players dropped down and made 150+ a couple of times last year and clubs had a sook about it so we get this knee jerk reaction that disadvantages many more players than the occasional "hero" who drops to G grade.

Back