DVCA Off-Season 2022

I have a suggestion which would make it easier on the fixture…

Bring back the reserve grades… No brainer

Just been having a good look through the fixtures. Something needs to happen and happen fast with this.

Rosebanks 2nd 11 going from D grade to Barclay
Eltham potentially the same next season
Plenty going from D grade to Money Shield
Macleod Barclay 2nd on ladder, 2nd XI near the bottom of C grade

The best way for this to occur is to have Shield and reserve grades playing at alternate grounds, and every other grade under that is just one day cricket.

If you are good enough and want to play 2 day cricket then you get to training every night and do a big pre season and get your spot in one of the top two grades.

If clubs dont have players or cant field 2 teams then they can just enter into the one day comps.

All Shield grades have two umpires, and all reserve grades have one umpire. Thats what the league should aim for.

What needs to happen? Looks like the second grades are playing where they are capable. How is forcing a team near the bottom of C grade, that would be Money Reserve in the old grades, to go up to Barclay Reserve, or B grade? That's hardly any help.

At least with this system, teams will find their natural level, however, I would argue that they are not finding that natural level fast enough. I would be in favour of a 2 up, 2 down system. I mean if you make a grand final you should go up and if you're fighting to survive the wooden spoon, you should probably go down. If teams want to improve the second XI's grading then maybe they should turn up to training as you suggest, or recruit better.

If a club can't put together 22 blokes, they have more serious issues than deciding what grade to play in, so I wouldn't bother with that part.

Doesn't surprise me seeing lower plenty and banyule cheating in the lower grades. A bloke who averages 70with the bat and 14 with the ball in mash dropped to play f1
While the other makes 44 and takes 6fa also in f1 All be it in a loss.

The guy from Banyule in the last 6 seasons has bowled 3 overs in senior cricket and taken 3 wickets. Yeah, a real bully. He took 6 wickets in 3 overs after a team was trying to slog. He bowls at 80kms max.

Want to Tal k about cheating. I have heard that two captains who went onto to make an addition 100 and 150 after being out caught behind and not walking (no offical umpires). That’s cheating.

Doesn't surprise me seeing lower plenty and banyule cheating in the lower grades. A bloke who averages 70with the bat and 14 with the ball in mash dropped to play f1
While the other makes 44 and takes 6fa also in f1 All be it in a loss.
Pretty poor from the Banyule side of things, however I’m okay with Lower Plenty doing that. Mash shield and F1 are a similar standard, so good on Luke for getting amongst the runs.

The guy from Banyule in the last 6 seasons has bowled 3 overs in senior cricket and taken 3 wickets. Yeah, a real bully. He took 6 wickets in 3 overs after a team was trying to slog. He bowls at 80kms max.

Want to Tal k about cheating. I have heard that two captains who went onto to make an addition 100 and 150 after being out caught behind and not walking (no offical umpires). That’s cheating.
Maybe it might be worth getting him back into the 1s mate. Reckon you blokes will request a medal for relegation this year, like you did for your covid premiership?

Pretty poor from the Banyule side of things, however I’m okay with Lower Plenty doing that. Mash shield and F1 are a similar standard, so good on Luke for getting amongst the runs.
Read above. Do some research before you opening your mouth. One player went from B to F1 and another went from Mash to F1 (against DVCA rules).

Personally don't care about Daryl taking wickets but if we have rules ya gotta follow them I would have thought though. Luke for LP on the other hand is going to make mash team of the year with some of his numbers, standard from that club though to bend the rules

Have to admire Underarm flying the flag for his beloved Bears once more. Fingers crossed they win a few lower grade flags that they can hang their hat on for the summer.

Last edited:
Have to admire Underarm flying the flag for his beloved Bears once more. Fingers crossed they go close to winning a few lower grade flags that they can hang their hat on for the summer.
Drive by sonny.

After some research LP won’t lose points as Sirianni didn’t play the game after Christmas..

Won't be surprised to some 1s and 2s players at Banyule slowly make their way down the grades as the season continues. Nothing says we're a strong club like 4 instagram posts with flags from F1 to G4 in March.
Artie, you really do have a chip on your wee shoulders. I think you must of cut and paste this post from last year.

Back