Dvca Radio Show Feedback

brutal

Just though I'd create a thread for the radio show for suggestions and feedback. I trust that closer to the action people can make suggestion on what they would like out of the show and and perhaps a bit of constructive comment on how it's going.

Just though I'd create a thread for the radio show for suggestions and feedback. I trust that closer to the action people can make suggestion on what they would like out of the show and and perhaps a bit of constructive comment on how it's going.

More Snowy.

The show is good but needs an overhaul. Stop talking crap about what Legs got upto on the weekend, and what your favourite music is. No one cares. We listen to it to hear all things cricket, dvca, players and clubs. Not the personal lives of the hosts. Get a bit more hard hitting. You boys do a good job, but you're a bit soft. Get someone on as a guest each week that doesn't mind having a dip at people, is funny, but also knows most of the rumours in the DVCA. There are guys on here that prove that they are insightful when it comes to all things dvca but also know how to dish up a whack at people. Dare I say a 5 min segment each week for blokes like "Tongs Tongue", "100% Bulls Bite", "Warwick Todds Wager". Regardless of what people think, at least these boys don't mind having a crack, and is there a better person for rumours/moves etc than Tongs? I don't know them personally, but these guys are some of the very few that will put their names to comments on here.

The show is good but needs an overhaul. Stop talking crap about what Legs got upto on the weekend, and what your favourite music is. No one cares. We listen to it to hear all things cricket, dvca, players and clubs. Not the personal lives of the hosts. Get a bit more hard hitting. You boys do a good job, but you're a bit soft. Get someone on as a guest each week that doesn't mind having a dip at people, is funny, but also knows most of the rumours in the DVCA. There are guys on here that prove that they are insightful when it comes to all things dvca but also know how to dish up a whack at people. Dare I say a 5 min segment each week for blokes like "Tongs Tongue", "100% Bulls Bite", "Warwick Todds Wager". Regardless of what people think, at least these boys don't mind having a crack, and is there a better person for rumours/moves etc than Tongs? I don't know them personally, but these guys are some of the very few that will put their names to comments on here.
Geez I'd hate to see the reply if you thought the show was shit!:) Anyway something to ponder with what you have said and will take it on board. I like the idea of a quick 5 minute segment on the gossip of Barclay and Money, so perhaps a couple of correspondents from those would be good. Tongs would be good for Money but Snowy has outed him as somewhat of an associate, but we'll try not to hold that against him:). Don't really want to get into the habit of whacking blokes for the hell of it. We are bound by the laws of libel etc. In the end we need to strike a balance with the 45-50 minutes of actual air time we have. Anyway thanks for your suggestions, I think a couple of them could be goers. Cheers!

I actually don't mind the format of the show as it is.
They have their button on the facebook page quite regularly and any gossip/inuendo can be directed through that.
Perhaps getting an umpire or 2 in to tell us some stories they have accumulated over the years. Could be good for a laugh.

I agree, I think the show is pretty good, and its great that DV cricket has its own show. I agree with JH, I'm not interested in hearing about Legs (Im sure he's a good bloke, and Im not trying to have a go at him), I'd rather hear about more cricket, Barclay, Money, B grade and so on, even the Vets? Eiether way, appreciate the effort the boys go to each week to do the show.

Geez I'd hate to see the reply if you thought the show was shit!:) Anyway something to ponder with what you have said and will take it on board. I like the idea of a quick 5 minute segment on the gossip of Barclay and Money, so perhaps a couple of correspondents from those would be good. Tongs would be good for Money but Snowy has outed him as somewhat of an associate, but we'll try not to hold that against him:). Don't really want to get into the habit of whacking blokes for the hell of it. We are bound by the laws of libel etc. In the end we need to strike a balance with the 45-50 minutes of actual air time we have. Anyway thanks for your suggestions, I think a couple of them could be goers. Cheers!

Firstly, I think JH had some good points, but as per usual he went straight for the throat. Maybe pull back a little when offering some advice. Brutal, maybe you could get JH to do your song choices, he seemed to offer up some funny nominations last week?

Is that a backhanded compliment their Brutal? I love being labelled in MS, truth is, I would prbably know more, and hear more about BS. Happy to help out or give you suggestions anytime. As for my association with Snowy, we played together at Eltham and I would rather ask him the truth than get on here all guns blazing without asking him about the truth first.

I agree, I think the show is pretty good, and its great that DV cricket has its own show. I agree with JH, I'm not interested in hearing about Legs (Im sure he's a good bloke, and Im not trying to have a go at him), I'd rather hear about more cricket, Barclay, Money, B grade and so on, even the Vets? Eiether way, appreciate the effort the boys go to each week to do the show.

It would be good to hear more about the DVCA as a whole (vets etc) but I don't want time taken away from the premier grades; BS and MS. Too many times last year, time was spent on whether Legs was blind the night before, or if Brutal was going to Thailand to pick up lady boys, :D and at the end of the show they quickly ran through the last 3 MS games in about 90 seconds because they ran out of time. So if there is time to talk about the vets and lower grades, great. But don't shortcut the top two grades to do so.

Well said though Bull, these guys do a great job with what they have, and there are no major issues with the show. Just tinkering it a bit and it would be fantastic.

You can't have the radio show being a forum for guys having pot shots at other guys.. this forum is bad enough. It'd be good if you could get some people who love local cricket to go out during the season and watch the match of the round in Barclay and Money shield then report on it the next week, and that way they can give a little bit of feedback on how people actually batted and bowled rather than just relying on the scorecard. This would be useful for as that we can hear how sides are going, obviously finding people who want to do it is the challenge but I think it'd be good to get a proper match of the round review.

There was talk on another thread about the radio show being on a Thursday night so clubs could have it play through the rooms while selection is happening - I'm not for that, but what about one of the members of the panel, or someone they nominate, get out to one club per week/fortnight to do a Q&A or something similar. Have a set of questions that get asked to each club, edit it up and have a 2 minute grab or something on the Saturday morning. That would get more involvement from more at club level and would get more people listening too.

That could replace the lack of in-studio interviews from last year.

Just a thought.

just like to get an understanding of your qualifications in the dvca please brutal? who did you play for? what is the highest level you played? did you win any premierships? Are you only hosting the cricket show for a laugh and because you think its funny to talk about drinking? The show has never had a great following because the people hosting it either dont play a high level or dont play at all!! Not that that necessarily means you cant talk local cricket. Opinions are like bums. We all have one. But when you constantly repeat the same names from the same clubs week in week out when doing predictions, it becomes BORING!!! And your comments would have more impact and relevance if you were actually out in the cut and thrust of the action. its hard in 1 hour but unless you get other people involved and hear more than the same 3 voices its very mundane. And agree with whoever said stop talking about legs 'social life'. Who gives a stuff!!

just like to get an understanding of your qualifications in the dvca please brutal? who did you play for? what is the highest level you played? did you win any premierships? Are you only hosting the cricket show for a laugh and because you think its funny to talk about drinking? The show has never had a great following because the people hosting it either dont play a high level or dont play at all!! Not that that necessarily means you cant talk local cricket. Opinions are like bums. We all have one. But when you constantly repeat the same names from the same clubs week in week out when doing predictions, it becomes BORING!!! And your comments would have more impact and relevance if you were actually out in the cut and thrust of the action. its hard in 1 hour but unless you get other people involved and hear more than the same 3 voices its very mundane. And agree with whoever said stop talking about legs 'social life'. Who gives a stuff!!
Perhaps you would like to put your hand up as a correspondent? However since you ask questions, I'll do the polite thing and answer for you. Played all my junior cricket in the HDCA with Olympic Youth Cricket Club (now Olympic Colts). Captained the under 16's and played A grade opening the batting. After a season in A grade moved across to ESCA turf and played 2 seasons at a club called Kew Footballers Cricket Club with some mates in the 2's but ended up getting promoted to the one's after my first game. After taking a break from cricket for 2 or 3 years was talked into having a hit up at Research with some guys I played indoor cricket with like Luke Teagle, Mark Peterson, Paul Cusma etc. Played my first season up there in 91-92 in the 2's with Ivan Peterson as skipper and won the batting ave and broke the wicket keeping dismissal record for the club. Ended up playing in the 1's as a keeper(backstop) batsmen for a total of 14 games before returning to captain the 2's. Have played in the DVCA since 91-92 and at this stage have put my hand up to Captain the Barclay Reserve side this year. Not a stellar cricketing career but nonetheless plenty played. Hows about yourself? I think I know who you are.......just something about the tone of your writing that is familiar;) By the way, I just went back through your previous postings. Are you sure your not related to Snowy??? And 25 scotches for over 8 hours is hard work, even for me.

Perhaps you would like to put your hand up as a correspondent? However since you ask questions, I'll do the polite thing and answer for you. Played all my junior cricket in the HDCA with Olympic Youth Cricket Club (now Olympic Colts). Captained the under 16's and played A grade opening the batting. After a season in A grade moved across to ESCA turf and played 2 seasons at a club called Kew Footballers Cricket Club with some mates in the 2's but ended up getting promoted to the one's after my first game. After taking a break from cricket for 2 or 3 years was talked into having a hit up at Research with some guys I played indoor cricket with like Luke Teagle, Mark Peterson, Paul Cusma etc. Played my first season up there in 91-92 in the 2's with Ivan Peterson as skipper and won the batting ave and broke the wicket keeping dismissal record for the club. Ended up playing in the 1's as a keeper(backstop) batsmen for a total of 14 games before returning to captain the 2's. Have played in the DVCA since 91-92 and at this stage have put my hand up to Captain the Barclay Reserve side this year. Not a stellar cricketing career but nonetheless plenty played. Hows about yourself? I think I know who you are.......just something about the tone of your writing that is familiar;) By the way, I just went back through your previous postings. Are you sure your not related to Snowy??? And 25 scotches for over 8 hours is hard work, even for me.
Interesting career but basically nothing of note in top grades in dvca in last 5-6 years or longer? Know nothing about snowy other than what you guys bang on about him on here and by the reading of your 'tone' you don't much like him? So you're a psychic that can tell who people are by reading their messages? Wowee you're in the wrong game.. Every person I've ever spoken to at my club or opposition clubs say same thing. Who are you blokes, what level did they play and why do you talk about social lives? Overall it's prob a tough job and no I don't want to put up my hand. But like everyone else I'll have an opinion and mine is don't be repetitive, get more than just the 3 of you involved and make show interactive

Interesting career but basically nothing of note in top grades in dvca in last 5-6 years or longer? Know nothing about snowy other than what you guys bang on about him on here and by the reading of your 'tone' you don't much like him? So you're a psychic that can tell who people are by reading their messages? Wowee you're in the wrong game.. Every person I've ever spoken to at my club or opposition clubs say same thing. Who are you blokes, what level did they play and why do you talk about social lives? Overall it's prob a tough job and no I don't want to put up my hand. But like everyone else I'll have an opinion and mine is don't be repetitive, get more than just the 3 of you involved and make show interactive
To be quite honest mate I think your running another agenda here and I think you might get off on winding people up and being negative. Whatever turns you on! We get enough feedback from administrators,umpires and players to suggest that the show is travelling ok. The show is an open forum via phoning in or sending stuff through via the facebook page which is live during the show. I've watched plenty of top grade cricket in DVCA and accasionally other comps over the past 5-6 years to have an idea whats going on. And your right I don't like Snowy, but thankfully I'm in the majority by a long stretch (no secrets there). Glad to here also that your so concerned with the show that you have been garnishing feedback throughout the seasons as to it's flaws! Also by the sounds of it by speaking to everyone, I assume they all listen every week? So we must be doing something right.I won't be completely dismissive of your comments though as I will be suggesting a guest correspondent from Barclay and Money Shields to phone up each week. Anyway regardless of your mostly negative comments and posts on here, I appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to communicate your thoughts and look forward to you getting involved , even if it's via the FB page or ringing up. Actually we should get you to come in one week? Feel free! I noticed also you have not included the club you play for or your experiences in the Valley. Perhaps next time;)

Brutal, you've received some good feedback on the show from the above people. The show is really good and a fantastic concept. Keep up the good work and glad that you boys are taking on some of the advice. Looking forward to having some people from the BS and MS teams come in on the show. Just make sure they are interesting and funny to listen to. Maybe a bit of banter. Some hard hitting without crossing the line?

I not only listen most weeks, but have been in the show twice and its run very professionally and well prepared. You hit the nail on the head earlier, the fact that people are offering advice shows that they are listening, therefore you must be doing something right.

Keep up the good work boys!

The cricket show has served the valley well for 15 years plus. There probably are some areas that could be looked at, you can make some positive comments then move on. Having a shot at blokes who give up their time to provide valley cricketers with a service wont win you too many friends. Time to move on Empty Head, you're way out of line.

Brutal, you've received some good feedback on the show from the above people. The show is really good and a fantastic concept. Keep up the good work and glad that you boys are taking on some of the advice. Looking forward to having some people from the BS and MS teams come in on the show. Just make sure they are interesting and funny to listen to. Maybe a bit of banter. Some hard hitting without crossing the line?

I not only listen most weeks, but have been in the show twice and its run very professionally and well prepared. You hit the nail on the head earlier, the fact that people are offering advice shows that they are listening, therefore you must be doing something right.

Keep up the good work boys!
Thanks Tongs! Me Legs and Kev have meeting on Sunday (secret location), if your interested might chat to them about having you as a bit of a money shield scribe. Probably a case of phoning in for an opinion on the completion of each round and giving your take on all Money Shield. I'll get back to you after the weekend to confirm if your interested.

Like he needs more of a platform!
I reckon the radio show is pretty good. I'd second the calls for maybe less personal stuff, just purely down to time constraints etc.

Thanks Tongs! Me Legs and Kev have meeting on Sunday (secret location), if your interested might chat to them about having you as a bit of a money shield scribe. Probably a case of phoning in for an opinion on the completion of each round and giving your take on all Money Shield. I'll get back to you after the weekend to confirm if your interested.

Whilst I do have a good head for radio, and love putting my two cents worth in, Surely you could find more insightful and more decorative people than myself? Happy to help if you want though. Maybe you could get Poys to come on? He will have more time on his hands now he's been replaced with an import? :D

Back