DVCA Tipping Competition 2010/11

The Wizz

DVCA Tipping Competition 2010/11

DVCA TIPPING COMPETION.

G'day Dvca posters.
This season the DVCA in conjuction with Big Cricket will be running its' own tipping contest.
Both Barclay and Money Shield will be combined to make it a bit more challenging. I
encourage as many DVCA posters to join, thus making it as interesting as possible. We are striving
to become the number one local cricket thread on Big Cricket but also the challenge to find
the best tipster within the Valley.
A weekly prize of B Cash will be awarded to the outright winner. This will be jackpotted until this occurs.
We are also in the midst of organising a Grand prize worth striving for.
Those who are interested can post on either site.
Rules to come after expressions of interest.

Anyone can join its all a bit of fun, so put your name down and try your luck!!

Re: DVCA Tipping Competition 2010/11

dvca tipping contest

* Tips to be in by 8.00pm Friday nights.
* Late or No tips will receive the lowest score of the round minus 1
* There will be (2) double point rounds. 1 x pre xmas & 1 x post xmas
* Please keep this thread for tips only and general chat on other forums
* One round of tips at a time
* Weekly winners (outright) will receive $500 b cash. Jackpotted until a winner.
* The progressive leader will carry DVCA TOP TIPSTER under their name
* Leader boards to be up no later than Tuesday
* Double points are nominated by you the tipster. Simply notifying in your selections post.
* 2 consecutive rounds with no selections will be deemed to be a lack of interest, therefore will be omitted.
* The " CERTAINTY COMPETITION " will run simultaneosly.
* Obviously the idea is to pick 1 certainty for that round. The last man standing is the winner. After 2 rounds NO team in the bottom 2 from either
divisions shall be selected.

All fairly straightforward. Good Luck

Add your name to the list if your keen to try your luck..

Can start adding names to the list..

The Wizz
F Troop
Cold Case
captain cuzz
Tongs
CowCorner
Serg Fernadez

Ill throw my hat in the ring. Wizz, make sure they actually have prizes this time. We both know they advertise prizes on here and deliver as much as a politician!

As for the BC cash, thats junk! You can't do anything with it!

But great work on the tipping comp!

Tongs;408615 said:
Ill throw my hat in the ring. Wizz, make sure they actually have prizes this time. We both know they advertise prizes on here and deliver as much as a politician!

As for the BC cash, thats junk! You can't do anything with it!

But great work on the tipping comp!

I agree B cash is not a good prize. I'm happy to throw a servive every round in from my bike shop. A slab would be better tho. Anyone have any idea's?

BCash is usable if there are betting threads running, I will try and get a few going over the next few weeks.

MC might be able to supply some books as well as prizes if possible. Send him a PM if you are keen.

Tongs;408615 said:
We both know they advertise prizes on here and deliver as much as a politician!

When have we ever advertised prizes on here? Not in my lifetime on the site. Things have been talked about and attempts have been made to secure bits and pieces but no actual competition/prize has been offered. If you know different then please point me in that direction.

Oh, before you go there, yes, we have a current competition running with prizes and they will be delivered as promised. The admin team have seen the prizes and they do exist.

Count me in.

Will throw in a beer on GF day to the winner (If we all do that the winner will have something to tip for)

mas cambios;408642 said:
When have we ever advertised prizes on here? Not in my lifetime on the site. Things have been talked about and attempts have been made to secure bits and pieces but no actual competition/prize has been offered. If you know different then please point me in that direction.

Oh, before you go there, yes, we have a current competition running with prizes and they will be delivered as promised. The admin team have seen the prizes and they do exist.

In fear that you will ban my post, or card me as per usual. You seem to have taken a liking to banning me!
:rolleyes:

Maybe I miss wrote it MC, there has always been talk about having comps etc with prizes. They never go through, and thats what the disappointing thing is. Even if it was a cricket magazine or something of the like. Just surprising that the BC gods can't put together a little money from the sponsors to buy something small, That is all. Either that or don't have anything, winner gets bragging rights.

As for the BC cash, great concept. But the tipping died in the arse, and even if you did have an abundance of cash, you can;t do anything with it? IE buy a BC membership or something like that???

Food for thought!

Tongs;408686 said:
Maybe I miss wrote it MC, there has always been talk about having comps etc with prizes. They never go through, and thats what the disappointing thing is. Even if it was a cricket magazine or something of the like. Just surprising that the BC gods can't put together a little money from the sponsors to buy something small, That is all. Either that or don't have anything, winner gets bragging rights.

As for the BC cash, great concept. But the tipping died in the arse, and even if you did have an abundance of cash, you can;t do anything with it? IE buy a BC membership or something like that???

Food for thought!

There has been talk of having prizes but sadly this site is not attractive enough to sponsors to warrant them donating. We had have promises of this or that but due to the slow nature of the guys who run the technical side of things, the offers are soon rescinded. As an example of how shit things are - I have been waiting nearly 9 months for a site redesign. It has been promised along with a whole host of features but they keep changing the goal posts and it just gets dragged out. The same thing happens with sponsors etc.

Also, when offers have been sent out they are largely ignored or I get huffy emails complaining about spam (despite sending something like 8 emails over 2 years).

The truth is that this site generates zip in income. We have no membership (although I would dearly love to roll something out) and the ads are generic google ads which only give revenue if clicked on. Judging by the one on the screen now (itadka.com) those clicks are going to be few and far between.

I take your point with BCash and acknowledge that it is worthless. I'll have a look at making it a little more worthwhile - may be custom user titles, badges and so on. Not much but as you say it would give bragging rights.

mas cambios;408688 said:
There has been talk of having prizes but sadly this site is not attractive enough to sponsors to warrant them donating. We had have promises of this or that but due to the slow nature of the guys who run the technical side of things, the offers are soon rescinded. As an example of how shit things are - I have been waiting nearly 9 months for a site redesign. It has been promised along with a whole host of features but they keep changing the goal posts and it just gets dragged out. The same thing happens with sponsors etc.

Also, when offers have been sent out they are largely ignored or I get huffy emails complaining about spam (despite sending something like 8 emails over 2 years).

The truth is that this site generates zip in income. We have no membership (although I would dearly love to roll something out) and the ads are generic google ads which only give revenue if clicked on. Judging by the one on the screen now (itadka.com) those clicks are going to be few and far between.

I take your point with BCash and acknowledge that it is worthless. I'll have a look at making it a little more worthwhile - may be custom user titles, badges and so on. Not much but as you say it would give bragging rights.

Exactly what we need! If you have BC cash, you should be able to "buy" user items. Its used (and well) on BigFooty. There has to be more done to make it more appealing. I have been on here a while now, and am a regular user, yet it seems as though it is dying a slow death because there are no changes. Nothing new to get guys excited.

The tipping comp is worth while. The BC is worthwhile, but have it there for a reason!

Maybe $1000 BC cash can buy you a get out of jail free card. ie The removal of yellow or red cards! :eek:

Tongs;408689 said:
Exactly what we need! If you have BC cash, you should be able to "buy" user items. Its used (and well) on BigFooty. There has to be more done to make it more appealing. I have been on here a while now, and am a regular user, yet it seems as though it is dying a slow death because there are no changes. Nothing new to get guys excited.

The tipping comp is worth while. The BC is worthwhile, but have it there for a reason!

Maybe $1000 BC cash can buy you a get out of jail free card. ie The removal of yellow or red cards! :eek:

Why can't we all just put up a slab each ( around 30-40 dollars ). Payment in full after the last round to the winner.

Back