DVCA:Under 16'1 banter 2009/10

Re: DVCA:Under 16'1 banter 2009/10

Boys this thread is going nowhere at the minute. Until the boss looks at it thread is closed

Re: DVCA:Under 16'1 banter 2009/10

Goliath;373292 said:
A few points as well: Leigh Weeks was at Greensborough but is now at Preston subbies 2s and would have counted as a DVCA player however Tom Goulding (along with 3/4 of the gun Macleod 14s from 2008) made the smart move playing HDCA juniors on Friday nights so does that make him a HDCA player LOL. Out of the other HDCA Falcons Harkin is at Ivanhoe subbies, Powick at Preston subbies and the others are all involved at district clubs. Because it is a Dowling type set up if you are not at a district or subbies club forget it. I don't agree that there is that much difference between DVCA and HDCA either because of 2 facts. One is you have 5 Falcons from Heidelbergs gun 17s plus Wayman Zema Anand etc. who beat Monts champion DVCA side. Two is the kids who would have been in Greensboroughs U16s but play in the 17s on Fridays have been doing quite well in the DVCA senior ranks. Despite that I think that there are some unlucky boys out there but if you didn't make it I hope you show the selectors they were wrong and stick it up em.

I played senior cricket in nmca until i had finished u16 it has nothing to do with that. i still made all the pathways squads, even captain twice im not trying to brag im just saying it has no relevance whether you are playing on turf or not in this area for 14s and 16s. In the 18s its a bit different, for example you are required by most regions to train with a district club before the carnival if you dont already play for one. the reason that people may think the best teams arent selected is because it is what the name says, a pathway. The coaches are told to pick the players who will have a future in cricket and will develop into great district cricketers in the long run not just necesserily the best players now who dont take cricket seriously. For example, mark phelan might not set the world on fire just now but he is seen as having the foundations to be an outstanding player, hence his selection in the vic 2nd XI last year because thats what the pathway is about, dveleoping the players who have a high future in the game, not just a good junior career

Back