Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not the most adapt person at using my cricket, 400 runs is fairly good for tonguey, but from my experiences against him he's played the part as a BOWLING all rounder, so 10 wickets or so for a season isn't really enough when you've got keogh with 20 + and the ability to dismantle a bowling attack as seen in several t20 games.

400 runs should be considered, i would have tounge in for parsons

You're presuming, of course, that he possesses common sense. From the nature of his posts, coupled with the fact he clearly doesn't care what the repercussions of his actions are, I think this might be a little unrealistic.

It may well frustrate you, but just feel sorry for all those people who have to put up with him day in, day out. We only have to put up with them when he drinks and then feels the need to vent his frustration here. What I do agree with, however, is that his presence in the forum has done nothing for Glen Iris or their push towards finals.

Im sure he had more impact for GI this year than you did for the bears choker.

Hey boys, long time reader second time poster. How you boys going.
Keeping up with the spirit of the forum, thought i'd post my team of the year.

Acutt
Acutt
Acutt
Acutt
Acutt
Acutt
Acutt
Acutt
Acutt
Acutt
Acutt

Let me know your thoughts!

Mr Acutt.

Just new to this site, by necessity rather than design.

Obviously, you have all seen the postings of recent days and we have felt it necessary to advise all and sundry, that the Glen Iris Cricket Club does not condone the behaviour of "Building Building" and other posters proporting to be "supporters" of the Glen Iris Cricket Club, namely, "tony tran" or "Magpie Army", nor do we want to be associated with these sorts of antics.

We have recommended to all of our members, throughout the season, to maintain a specific level of behaviour or avoid the site altogether, however, a rogue element within our club has chosen to consistently ignore the requests and directives of the GICC committee, time and again. One player is being summarily dealt with, as he has been identified on this site, one way or the other, however, we are unaware of the identity of "Magpie Army" and "tony tran". Please rest assured, we are doing everything in our power to uncover who these two are, but until we do, please take it as gospel that these two in particular, in no way represent the thoughts, feelings or wishes of the Glen Iris Cricket Club.

Further to the comments made by Building Building, the player has been spoken to, and severly reprimanded for his comments and faces further sanctions. With particular reference to the umpiring fraternity, and our player's comments with regards to Eddie Secker, the Glen Iris Cricket Club, wishes to strongly point out that Building Building's comments, in no way are representative of the thoughts of the Glen Iris Cricket Club Committee, and members, apart from this foolish rogue element.

The Glen Iris Cricket Club would like to formally apologise to Eddie Secker, and the Umpires Association in general, on behalf of all of its Committee and members, for any and all offence caused by the completely baseless and unfounded comments on this forum and I trust that the player in question, will himself contact Eddie Secker to give a personal apology. I hope Eddie accepts our sincerest apologies.

Further to this, we have asked Building Building to delete all references of his comments regarding Eddie Secker and would ask if any of you other posters have quoted the same, could you please edit / delete these references as well.

And finally, to those so-called "supporters" of the Glen Iris Cricket Club, who continue to post with anonymity on this site. Please be advised that you are dragging the name of YOUR club through the mud by this childish, inane and ridiculous behaviour. Please consider your club first and foremost before moving forward to attack others. The successes of the 2010/11 season (1st XI - Dunstan Shield Semi Finallists, 2nd XI - B-Turf Grand Finallists, 3rd XI - Burt Shield Semi Finallists, 4th XI - LOC1 Grand Finallists and 5th XI CI Grand Finallists) are a credit to our club, but the idiotic behaviour of a small rogue element is eroding the on-field successes we have all worked so hard for.

Once again, we at the Glen Iris Cricket Club would like to apologise unreservedly to Eddie Secker for any and all offence caused.

Glen Iris Cricket Club

You tell them Glen Iris Cricket Club, it's an absolute disgrace the way some of your team members act. Next year when you stick an advertising board outside Eric Raven, you should include, in fine print, a bigcricket clause. It should read like this...

"As a result of being pathetic wingers devoid of taking any responsibility for our appalling performance in last season's Dunstan semi-final, the Glen Iris Cricket Club does not condone the use of BigCricket. We have established a new forum on our club website created specifically for umpire complaints without facing retribution from the ECA."

dear readers i would like to let you no i am very sorry for what i posted and i did not mean what i said i can also let you no that i am an outsider looking in and are not a member of glen iris cc i am a supporter of all clubs around the area i am dreadfully sorry for what i posted and did not mean it as to this affect and again would like to make it clear i am not from glen iris cc!

this seems to have gotten a little bit out of hand.

In cricket related news Ashy dragged themselves back into the game, after a pretty poor batting performance, other than Cox. thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back