Eca 2012/13

Dino was 2nd in the comp for wickets in his last ECA season with 30+ so yeh very over rated. And Hoare played huge role in grand final win. Obviously know very little Mayor!!!
Well his 5 wickets @ 36.00 for Noble Park suggests he's a gun!

Yes Hoare played well in GF 2 yrs back, but battled last season to have much impact!

Well Big Dino only played a handful of games so it is hard to indicate how well he would have gone. He would have done well if he played the whole year but from what I heard he didn't like it there. Hoare is a class act, he is the kind of bowler who will hold up and end and take wickets too. When I played him he only came off 6 steps due to his elbow.

Also if this gun bat has done well at another club then why don't you tell us who it is? We will find out one way or another!

Well done and congratulations to the Bears for winning Dunstan for the 2013 / 14 season . Just goes to show what money can buy ! It does however make a mockery of the ECA rules & regs. lets just say this new mystery player comes with a hefty price tag.

Undertaker, how is it making a mockery of ECA rules? No idea who this player is, but from what I'm told it will be a replacement for Hoare as a professional who is going to be unavailable injured for virtually all of next year apparently

Bears are really bad for throwing the cash around. However, Mont Albert had 2 poms as well as Wright, Vance, Hargreaves etc. Ashy had heaps, GI pay half their side and Mulgrave have been rorting the system for years. It's actually embarrassing what some clubs get away with. More credit to St Kevs who compete each year without paying huge cash.

Undertaker, how is it making a mockery of ECA rules? No idea who this player is, but from what I'm told it will be a replacement for Hoare as a professional who is going to be unavailable injured for virtually all of next year apparently

My understanding is that rules state its TWO paid players per club , I would assume Parsons is paid , New Player X will be paid and Big Dino left because of No Cash ( or to chase cash ). I hardly think he is returning for the love .

As Dizzyest states many clubs exploiting the rules ....... maybe a rule change required so that its open slather on payments and clubs can be upfront with paid players ???

My understanding is that rules state its TWO paid players per club , I would assume Parsons is paid , New Player X will be paid and Big Dino left because of No Cash ( or to chase cash ). I hardly think he is returning for the love .

And advertising for a payed coach on the ECA website - taking the P155

Great topic prior to the start of this season. The ECA have lost complete control of this and now must go one of two ways: Police the rules around professional (paid) players better OR remove the rules so that clubs can be transparent about who they have on their books.

I wouldn't mind the rule removed altogether. If clubs are rich enough to pay their whole side, then more power to them. At least everyone else in the comp would know what they are competing against and have something to aim for. It would be very interesting to see exactly which clubs are buying wins (and for how much) and which are punching above their weight.

Money is not everything though. Yes, it might help you win games, but it can cost your club a lot more if you don't pick the right people in terms of club culture. Dissyest hit the nail on the head I think with St Kevin's, a great example of a small club who don't pay players, but who manage to compete with the top clubs and have a great club culture. They are definitely the only club in the top half of Dunstan sticking to the rules I would say!

my understanding is hoare, perera both to deepdeene and the sturgess brothers have been moved on. also heard that after a mammoth season in the vafa gi's will lose jamieson to greener pastures

DB = Parsons , Dino, Hoare , Perera , Dinnison etc etc ...... would have to be raging favorites to take out the flag next season. With that bowling line-up will knock most sides over cheaply and Perera will make a mess of the short boundaries square on the home ground.

They had most of those blokes last year and were nowhere so not so sure about them.

Good to see Mulgrave sending a heap of money overseas again, they must hate developing locals.

DB = Parsons , Dino, Hoare , Perera , Dinnison etc etc ...... would have to be raging favorites to take out the flag next season. With that bowling line-up will knock most sides over cheaply and Perera will make a mess of the short boundaries square on the home ground.

I think Hoare is still yet to have surgery on his elbow and Dinnison had a knee reco in feb so dunno how effective they'll be early on anyways

Back